**OFFICIAL** Island Hoppers ~ Vancouver to Hawaii ~Sept 14, 2010

Luckysll

I'm still keen to join you if you'll have me. This is all very new to me as I've only taken one cruise before but I LOVED every minute of it. I've been learning a lot from reading posts but I would like to know more about how booking a Group cruise works . :confused: I was thinking of booking an Early Saver rate. I guess this group rate is different. Is that right? Also can you pick the cabin you want? Thanks

Love to have you join us.

Have you decided if you will be travelling alone on this one?

What type cabin were you looking for?

Still waiting on Laura but we are getting organized.

Any suggestions for a name we could put on roll call?

We have a few ideas but the more to choose from the better.

See a previous post & perhaps you could talk to me

Here's the current itinerary from Carnival's website.

Sept. 14 - Vancouver - Depart 5 p.m.

Sept. 15 - At Sea

Sept. 16 - At Sea

Sept. 17 - At Sea

Sept. 18 - At Sea

Sept. 19 - At Sea

Sept. 20 - Kona - Arrive 8 a.m. Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 21 - Kaui (Nawiliwili) - Arrive 8 a.m. Depart 5 p.m.

Sept. 22 - Hilo - Arrive 9 a.m. Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 23 - Maui (Kahului) Arrive 8 a.m.

Sept. 24 - Maui (Kahului) Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 25 - Honolulu Arrive 8 a.m.

Sept. 26 - Honolulu Depart 8 a.m.

Who else would like to join us for this great cruise?

Sorry for the dumb question but on September 26 when the ship departs from Honolulu, where is it going? Or do we get off the ship in Honolulu and fly home from there?

Thanks for educating me!

Gina

Sorry for the dumb question but on September 26 when the ship departs from Honolulu, where is it going? Or do we get off the ship in Honolulu and fly home from there?

Thanks for educating me!

Gina

The ship then goes onto Enseanda Mexico. You can get off and fly home or do a B2B and go on to Enseanda (? spelling)

Thanks for educating me!

Gina

Thinking of joining us? We will be flying back to Vancouver. The last time we spent an extra night in Honolulu which was nice. The airport is really passenger friendly.

Pat

Aloha everyone.

I am interested in organizing a group cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii on the Carnival Spirit in September 2010. Who else would like to come along?

I know the date and prices are not out yet, but they should be soon. Here's the itinerary from 2009, which should be the same for 2010:

Vancouver Depart 5 p.m.

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

Hilo Arrive 8 a.m. Depart 6 p.m.

Maui (Kahului) Arrive 8 a.m.

Maui (Kahului) Depart 6 p.m.

Kona Arrive 8 a.m. Depart 5 p.m.

Kaui (Nawiliwili) Arrive 9 a.m. Depart 6 p.m.

Honolulu Arrive 8 a.m.

Honolulu Depart 8 a.m.

I haven't seen a group cruise for this particular ship and cruise before, so I'm hoping there will be lots of people who'd be interested. Five relaxing days at sea, followed by the beautiful islands of Hawaii. An overnight in both Maui and Honolulu.

Hey Sandy,

You cruising fool you. HOw are you? I see you are busy planning away. Wish I could join you but once again school is an issue. Maybe in a few years, when the kids graduate, things will be different. I bet Lorna will be interested. She's been mentioning that cruise again.

Hey Sandy,

You cruising fool you. HOw are you? I see you are busy planning away. Wish I could join you but once again school is an issue. Maybe in a few years, when the kids graduate, things will be different. I bet Lorna will be interested. She's been mentioning that cruise again.

Actually Sandy has postponed this one, she decided she was too busy with her other groups so we have carried this one on.

Will finally be getting our group cruise info this week.

If you know anyone interested please send them over:D

Pat

Well we have 5 emails and one phone from CCL to say that we can do our B2B cruise. Seattle to Glacier Bay to Vancouver. Then Vancouver to Hawaii. They say it is perfectly okay to do. So I can not wait to book the Hawaiin part.:D

Well we have 5 emails and one phone from CCL to say that we can do our B2B cruise. Seattle to Glacier Bay to Vancouver. Then Vancouver to Hawaii. They say it is perfectly okay to do. So I can not wait to book the Hawaiin part.:D

Got the news today from Carnival...As she so eloquently put it...we are in the cruise business & have been so for many years. We would not suggest to our passengers that they could book something that was illegal. It would neither serve them or ourselves to do this.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Welcome Aboard Tracey

Nowdon't get mad at me.....but it was also mentioned by the same person from Carnival that many well meaning people who give advise on these boards (and she monitors them for client input)don't know geography as well as might be required when discussing "foreign ports":eek:

Nowdon't get mad at me.....but it was also mentioned by the same person from Carnival that many well meaning people who give advise on these boards (and she monitors them for client input)don't know geography as well as might be required when discussing "foreign ports":eek:

Thankyou thankyou thankyou. My stars said that things underdiscussion would go my way.:D We were worried as was Mikey as we both booked the Glacier Bay Cruise so we could do this B2B.

You made my day.

Thankyou

Tracey & John;)

Maybe the person at Carnival needs to know both geography and the passenger services Act more than they do. Carnival has never been in this position before as they have never had an itinerary that matched this one. Maybe they should contact one of their sister lines that has had similar itineraries and forbid B2B cruises with this same B2B itinerary.

I am very versed on both of these topics and know the difference between a foreign port and a distant foreign port. Read this and maybe you will increase your knowledge of the difference:

http://www.sealetter.com/Oct-99/alancol.html

http://www.mctf.com/pvsa.shtml

Just a friendly reminder......the starting of group cruises need all the conversations on the board here....Exchanging info via private emails has the appearance of one trying to organize a non CC group and that's why we delete all the email addy posts...Please follow this so we don't have to delete the whole thread....Thanks:)....and good luck with your group.:D

Pat,

Have you heard anything from Laura yet ?:rolleyes:

Tracey

She said she was out of office till Thurs but if anything came in she would email me anyway.

Well Friday to today, Sunday I have been away but checked my emails regularly & nothing.

I know jonha is the contact that Laura made & she will give us the pricing etc.

Laura gave me a brief outline but no particulars to our cruise as it has to come from this other source.

If nothing by Monday I will try again.

Spoke to one of my single cabin people & he is a definate go.

Spoke to another 2 singles who are sharing & they said yes...still waiting on deposit & pricing to absolutely gaurentee.

My other single I will wait to talk to until I get my pricing etc.

So waiting, not so patiently... for Laura & then we can get a roll call etc going!!!!:D

Pat

She said she was out of office till Thurs but if anything came in she would email me anyway.

Well Friday to today, Sunday I have been away but checked my emails regularly & nothing.

I know jonha is the contact that Laura made & she will give us the pricing etc.

Laura gave me a brief outline but no particulars to our cruise as it has to come from this other source.

If nothing by Monday I will try again.

Spoke to one of my single cabin people & he is a definate go.

Spoke to another 2 singles who are sharing & they said yes...still waiting on deposit & pricing to absolutely gaurentee.

My other single I will wait to talk to until I get my pricing etc.

So waiting, not so patiently... for Laura & then we can get a roll call etc going!!!!:D

Pat

I'll just keep rubbing my lucky rabbits foot for a hasty email. Johna is our TA for our Alaskan cruise.;)

Tracey:p

Okay some more ideas

1. Spiriting Away For A Hawaiian Lei

2. Spiriting Away to The Aloha State

3. Cruzin With A Smile To The Orchid Isle

4. 2010's Cruise to the Volcano Island

5. Cruising in 2010 To The Big Island

Last 4 are nick names for Hawaii's main island.:)

Personally I like the first one. A little bit naughty though.:p;)

At least I am trying. Come on people put your thinking caps on.:confused:

Tracey:eek:

I like #1 & #3.....getting creative!!!

I posted earlier & either I goofed or they are deleting me.:confused:

Didn't say anything wrong I know of..

just how excited by various friends & family are about this CC group cruise & anxiously awaiting the info.

Also said I hadn't heard from Laura yet.

I have just sent her a reminder about us.

I phoned Johna & left a message also.

So that is my update

Hope it stays on the board for you

So had some time today as the computers at work crashed so went home early...naturally got on my computer & the internet for interesting Hawaii stuff. Also pulled out my Guide Books from 2006.

Kona is the Pu'uhonua o National Park & Keauhau Bay(great beach & resident turtles & some snorkling) & don't forget to buy some Coffee!

Great drive & interesting sites back to the ship from the Park.

Kaui is snorkeling at Poipu Beach in the south for a few hours. Then a trip to the north coast beaches & views Tunnels Reef, Haena & Kee.

Hilo is Akaka & Kahuna Falls in the State Park. A small hike on a good path for a spectacular view.

Maui looking at The Road to Hana for 1st day. Formal Night & Grand Buffet should be this night.

Maui the second day is doing a drive to Lahaini & Hilo Hatties:D for shopping & down the coast to Poolenalena Beach where we got married

Oahu day one is Waikiki Beach & shops (the ABC's;)) Dukes Restaurant for some macadamia nut won tons then a drive around Diamond Head maybe a stop at Hanauma Bay & at some of the lookouts along the way as far as perhaps Sandy Beach. That night Paradise Cove or Germaine's for a Luau.

Disemarkation day our flight won't be till late in the evening so a trip to Waimea Bay GREAT BEACH & rock jumping & Pupukea Beach Park where the the Banzai Pipeline is.

Then down the eastern coast to Kailua Bay for a kayak to Mokulua Islands & back to Lanikai Beach for snorkeling with the turtles. Homeward bound via the Pali Tunnels (#61)or maybe the Tetsuo Tunnel (#3)across the island back to the airport.

Oh ya & the shrimp trucks for a meal or a mixed plate from one of the trucks at the beaches ...Don't forget the Kona beer!!!

Gee & it's only a year & 3 months away.....

Archived