**OFFICIAL** Island Hoppers ~ Vancouver to Hawaii ~Sept 14, 2010

Luckysll

I am ahead of myself. I paid the Alaskan part off to-day with the refund from the P&O cruise. If I didn't I would have nibbled at it until it was all gone.:eek: Now just need to get the Hawaiian part underway.:confused:

I had recommended to some of the people waiting for the B2B cruises I'm trying to organize to maybe book with Carnival and then once we become official to transfer the booking to the Cruisecritic TA to get the group perks, but it looks like Carnival will not allow a booking to be transferred anymore. I think they now consider it a cancellation, which means if you book to get a specific cabin, you'd run the risk of losing it between the cancellation and the booking with the group TA.

Not sure if anyone here was considering doing that, but I guess we'll all just have to keep waiting until we hear from Laura. I will send another email this week.

I had recommended to some of the people waiting for the B2B cruises I'm trying to organize to maybe book with Carnival and then once we become official to transfer the booking to the Cruisecritic TA to get the group perks, but it looks like Carnival will not allow a booking to be transferred anymore. I think they now consider it a cancellation, which means if you book to get a specific cabin, you'd run the risk of losing it between the cancellation and the booking with the group TA.

Not sure if anyone here was considering doing that, but I guess we'll all just have to keep waiting until we hear from Laura. I will send another email this week.

Sandy we still have plenty of time. As you said Laura would have alot to catch up on. Our turn will come.

Tracey:)

Have to work out insurance now since Johns HA. Finding it difficult. Should have paid it when Johna offered with deposit. Only did not as I thought we were not covered being in Aus find out now that we are covered. But they won't cover John now as he has a pre existing condition. :mad: Damn.

Is it still possible to be included in this one? DH wants to do a B2B AK/HI. This would be fun for the Hawaii part!

The group is always open to anyone who wants to join in. :D The more the merrier.

We aren't an "official" Cruisecritic group yet, though. I've sent emails to Laura, but haven't heard anything back. Here's who we have, so far:

luckysll

mikey233

aussie2324

GottaLuvCruising

Tracyvansmith (2 cabins)

eltigre (2 or 3 cabins)

notme1955

Is it still possible to be included in this one? DH wants to do a B2B AK/HI. This would be fun for the Hawaii part!

Hi,

DH and I plus Mikey233 and his DW are booked on the Alaskan side for the 7th sept 2010 just waiting to get this side up and running then our B2B will be complete. Here is the link for the Alaskan side if you would like to join us. It is a CC group cruise

*~~OFFICIAL!~~* Spiriting Away to Glacier Bay on the Carnival Spirit! Sept 7, 2010~~*

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...956597&page=15

Sandy told you not to worry I am sure there are a lot more people. They just don't know it yet.:p

Tracey

Sandy,

Did you see this link ? Group Cruises ?? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=994975

I am the group leader for a cruise on the Triumph in January. I called travel agents and Carnival's groups dept. and got the best deal from Carnival. You need 5 cabins to be a group. You will get amenity points which can be used to get you certain "perks" for everyone in your group. You get a reduced cruise rate (it was $80 more than early saver) but we get $100 OBC for every cabin and don't have to mess with all the restrictions of early saver. All of our dining is together as well. If you have 8 cabins one cruise fare is free and you can take that for yourself as the group leader of divide it up and reduce everyone's price. If the price of the cruise goes down, the group price will go down as well. I have that in writing from Carnival. We just wanted a lot of our friends to go and thought it would be more fun with a group of us! The alcohol card is only if you have 30 or more in your group and everyone has to take it and it is $45 a day per person, I believe. Also, I asked for a reduced deposit and they knocked it down to $50 per person to book with the rest of the deposit having to be paid by the end of Aug. That was the big draw for most everyone in our group

Sandy,

Did you see this link ? Group Cruises ?? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=994975

I am the group leader for a cruise on the Triumph in January. I called travel agents and Carnival's groups dept. and got the best deal from Carnival. You need 5 cabins to be a group. You will get amenity points which can be used to get you certain "perks" for everyone in your group. You get a reduced cruise rate (it was $80 more than early saver) but we get $100 OBC for every cabin and don't have to mess with all the restrictions of early saver. All of our dining is together as well. If you have 8 cabins one cruise fare is free and you can take that for yourself as the group leader of divide it up and reduce everyone's price. If the price of the cruise goes down, the group price will go down as well. I have that in writing from Carnival. We just wanted a lot of our friends to go and thought it would be more fun with a group of us! The alcohol card is only if you have 30 or more in your group and everyone has to take it and it is $45 a day per person, I believe. Also, I asked for a reduced deposit and they knocked it down to $50 per person to book with the rest of the deposit having to be paid by the end of Aug. That was the big draw for most everyone in our group

The only problem with doing it through Carnival and not Cruisecritic's TA is that we wouldn't be able to talk about our group here on the forums. We could chat in the Roll Call section, but we couldn't mention prices and we wouldn't be able to "recruit" other CC members to join us. Also, to get us set up as a private group, we'd have to discuss everything by email and not do it here.

There is another "possible" group cruise leader who is thinking of dropping the whole CC group cruise thing because he's so frustrated at not hearing from Laura. :( Someone on that thread said their group was "possible" for almost a year before becoming "official" :eek:. I certainly hope that doesn't happen here, because I'd also give up long before waiting a year just to get the okay from CC.

The B2B group cruise I'm trying to organize is just under 2 years away, so there's not as much pressure to get the official thing started, but same thing for it....I'd like to get it going.

I guess everyone who's said they are interested in this cruise has to decide how important it is for them to be part of a group or just go ahead and book the cruise on your own. Sorry it's not going as smoothly as I'd hoped.

I did read that other thread you mentioned. But as I said we still have plenty of time. People are trickling in slowly. Although I am not sure if Tracyvansmith is still in I noticed she has joined the Sept 09 unless she is going next year as well:confused:

Tracey

The group is always open to anyone who wants to join in. :D The more the merrier.

We aren't an "official" Cruisecritic group yet, though. I've sent emails to Laura, but haven't heard anything back. Here's who we have, so far:

luckysll

mikey233

aussie2324

GottaLuvCruising

Tracyvansmith (2 cabins)

eltigre (2 or 3 cabins)

notme1955

I'm sorry, but we are leaning toward the 9/26/10 sailing from Honolulu. We prefer having our sea days at the end of the cruise and hope it's a bit warmer sailing toward Ensenada (we sailed to Vancouver last time). Just wanted to let you know. Wish we could do both...

I'm sorry, but we are leaning toward the 9/26/10 sailing from Honolulu. We prefer having our sea days at the end of the cruise and hope it's a bit warmer sailing toward Ensenada (we sailed to Vancouver last time). Just wanted to let you know. Wish we could do both...

I think that's one of the reasons that there isn't as much iterest in this particular cruise because people like the sea days at the end of the trip, not the beginning. I totally understand and I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Also, I know Tracy hasn't decided for sure whether she's doing the cruise. It's supposed to be a grad cruise for her daughter, but I don't think her daughter has decided exactly what she wants to do.

I heard from Laura today about the B2B cruise I'm trying to organize for 2011, and she's getting prices for me, so that one looks like it will be a "go". However, with that cruise, we already have 19 cabins for the first half and 17 for the second half, and it's almost 2 years away.

If this cruise were to become official and then we drop below 8 cabins, we'd lose our group status and any perks (although the TA would honor the group price). If we had a lot more interest, I'd be more positive, but I think it's just too iffy right now.

I hate to say it, but I think we need to just let this one go as a group cruise. :( Those people who plan to do the cruise can just book on their own and we can meet up on the roll call.

Tracey - I saw your name as posting something on the Alaska group thread, so I read it (and, unfortunately, Koval's response to you). I'm posting a reply here rather than in that thread, because that thread is not a cruise I'm involved with and it didn't seem appropriate to respond there.

I'm sorry you feel disappointed that I'm not going ahead with this group cruise. I just truly didn't feel it was getting the response that was needed to make it a succesful group cruise. A "possible" group cruise is just that..."possible". It didn't make sense to continue trying to drum up interest that didn't seem to be out there.

Unfortunately, the response by Koval was totally out of line. The first time I cruised with her or any of her friends was last November. I only booked the cruise (not a group cruise by the way) two weeks ahead of time and posted in the roll call. Sorry to say, I did not feel a connection with them (possibly because I joined the roll call too late, possibly for other reasons), but whatever it was, I did not attend the meet and greet. I didn't agree to do anything else with them during the cruise, so I didn't "bail on them" as she puts it! Choosing not to attend a meet and greet is not a crime and I've been to lots of meet and greets where people don't show up.

What happened between the organizer of the Dream cruise and me was just that....between the organizer of the Dream cruise and me, not Koval. I thought it had been resolved with that person, but maybe not. I do not understand why Koval continues to bad mouth me for what is, essentially, none of her business. To say that I cannot be relied upon to follow through with things just shows how little she knows about me.

I will not be back to this thread to post or read anything else.

I hope you, and everyone else who intends to do this Vancouver to Hawaii cruise, have a wonderful trip.

Tracey - I saw your name as posting something on the Alaska group thread, so I read it (and, unfortunately, Koval's response to you). I'm posting a reply here rather than in that thread, because that thread is not a cruise I'm involved with and it didn't seem appropriate to respond there.

I'm sorry you feel disappointed that I'm not going ahead with this group cruise. I just truly didn't feel it was getting the response that was needed to make it a succesful group cruise. A "possible" group cruise is just that..."possible". It didn't make sense to continue trying to drum up interest that didn't seem to be out there.

Unfortunately, the response by Koval was totally out of line. The first time I cruised with her or any of her friends was last November. I only booked the cruise (not a group cruise by the way) two weeks ahead of time and posted in the roll call. Sorry to say, I did not feel a connection with them (possibly because I joined the roll call too late, possibly for other reasons), but whatever it was, I did not attend the meet and greet. I didn't agree to do anything else with them during the cruise, so I didn't "bail on them" as she puts it! Choosing not to attend a meet and greet is not a crime and I've been to lots of meet and greets where people don't show up.

What happened between the organizer of the Dream cruise and me was just that....between the organizer of the Dream cruise and me, not Koval. I thought it had been resolved with that person, but maybe not. I do not understand why Koval continues to bad mouth me for what is, essentially, none of her business. To say that I cannot be relied upon to follow through with things just shows how little she knows about me.

I hope you, and everyone else who intends to do this Vancouver to Hawaii cruise, have a wonderful trip.

Sandy,

I apologise for any hurt feelings. But I had already decided to book the cruise separtely due to lack of interest. What other CCers have to say is purely their choice. I won't let myself get involved in an online disagreement. But I will say thankyou in your time and persistence I am just sorry we could not get this cruise off the ground. I wish you best of luck. And lots of enjoyment in all your future cruises.

Sandy,

I apologise for any hurt feelings. I won't get involved in any online disagreement. I had already decided to seek a separate booking due to lack of interest on this post. I would like to thank you for the time you put into this thread. But unfortunately we seem to be flogging a dead horse. We both put messages out there but had only a few interested parties. I wish you all the best. And many happy cruises in the future.

I have no idea what all these last posts are about and I don't want to know.

I would love to work at getting this CC Group Cruise Going.

I will put in a request to Laura & I will get the info from Carnival.

I know we can book 20 cabins no problem.

I have done this one before & it is a great B2B cruise from Alaka

It is also wonderful on it's own.

All those interested say "Aye Aye"

I'll start this week

Pat

I'll start this week

Pat

Pat - I hope you do get this group cruise going. I wish you well.

Is that a yes Sandy to join in?:o

I think for the time being, I will have to say no.

I currently have two cruises booked before the B2B in 2011. That B2B would be my 9th and 10th Carnival cruises, so I'd like to get another cruise in before the B2B so I can be Platinum for the first leg. If I do decide to do this cruise, I will, of course, come back and join the group.

I'll keep watching and see how you're doing.

I contacted Laura now the wait....

I contacted everyone I saw on this thread to please be my friend:p

That way we can find out who is interested & keep this on the top of the heap to GET ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!

I had been looking through other CC Groups plying for names they use...shhhh(Did I say that out loud?) and was hoping maybe all you cruizers could help come up with a name for the Vancouver to Hawaii in 2010 on the Spirit Cruise. We need a name;)

I can book a minimum 2 to a good chance of 4 cabins booked.

It's a great cruise... City of Vancouver in 2010 (the Olympic Year) sailing under the bridge, getting used to the ship, relaxing, partying, swimming, eating & eating, oh ya & the DOD.....it's getting warmer & warmer & then the palms, the beaches, the ABC & Hatties:D

Don't lean to the other one please jump in & go for this one.....

I'll start this week

Pat

Pat,

"Aye Aye" count us in. I can wait a little longer. I got a good quote from a different TA. But I will wait and see if Laura can match it. Sandy you have to stay with us.:)

Tracey

As far as I know any booking can be transferred from Carnival to a TA at any time before final payment. If a booking is with one TA and you want to transfer it to a different TA, it becomes a little more difficult but if the first TA agrees to release the booking to the 2nd TA, it can be done.

Reggie

Archived