**OFFICIAL** Island Hoppers ~ Vancouver to Hawaii ~Sept 14, 2010

Luckysll

Happy mother's day to all mothers.:D

Thanks, Tracey, the same to you.

By the way, I still haven't heard back from Laura yet. She's either really busy after her cruise, or she's not back on the boards yet. I'll give it a couple more days.

I hate rain:(It is so depressing..I want my holiday NOW!!!!!!!:mad: Ahh I feel better now needed to get that off my chest.:D Where is every-one ?
I was just visiting the thread and loved the ship image in your signature!:D By any chance, do you have one for the Miracle? Thanks!:)

I was just visiting the thread and loved the ship image in your signature!:D By any chance, do you have one for the Miracle? Thanks!:)

Great screenname! BTW, if your second sentence is meant for Sandy, she does in fact have a B2B on the Miracle that she is trying to organize. The first leg, to the Southern Caribbean sets sail on 1/30/11 and the second leg to the western Caribbean sets sail on 2/7/11. Come join us!

I copied this one of the Carnival site. You can copy it. I liked it as you can not see any name. So it can represent any ship you want.;)

Okay where is every-one ? :confused: Need more enthusiasm. Don't think I spelt that correctly. But come on. I don't like talking to my self. It worries me when I start answering myself HEHEHE:confused:

Haven't heard back from Laura yet, but there are several groups looking to be official, so Laura is probably quite busy. I'll send another email out, but I guess we'll just have wait a bit more.

Of course, you know, good things come to those who wait. :D

Who else is going to join us for this great trip to the beautiful islands of Hawaii?

Here is the itinerary:

Sept. 14 - Vancouver - Depart 5 p.m.

Sept. 15 - At Sea

Sept. 16 - At Sea

Sept. 17 - At Sea

Sept. 18 - At Sea

Sept. 19 - At Sea

Sept. 20 - Kona - Arrive 8 a.m. Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 21 - Kaui (Nawiliwili) - Arrive 8 a.m. Depart 5 p.m.

Sept. 22 - Hilo - Arrive 9 a.m. Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 23 - Maui (Kahului) Arrive 8 a.m.

Sept. 24 - Maui (Kahului) Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 25 - Honolulu Arrive 8 a.m.

Sept. 26 - Honolulu Depart 8 a.m.

hawaiihuladance.gifpalm_sun_unk.gif

I was thinking of going on this cruise but don't know much about Group cruises. I've only taken one other cruise - to Alaska a few years ago which I loved!!! And a wonderful Xmas markets river cruise (another board on this site) in Europe last December. We live in New Zealand so have to get to the States/Canada first. But we're planning a trip to the West Coast in early September next year so I could take this cruise for part of the way home. I would be solo (DH has to go home before me).

Could someone please tell me more about a Group cruise and what it involves. I see talk of discounts which sounds great. I haven't decided whether to go for a 1A at 150% or a 200% cabin - but would probably have to be an inside. Looking forward to hearing more. :)

I was thinking of going on this cruise but don't know much about Group cruises. I've only taken one other cruise - to Alaska a few years ago which I loved!!! And a wonderful Xmas markets river cruise (another board on this site) in Europe last December. We live in New Zealand so have to get to the States/Canada first. But we're planning a trip to the West Coast in early September next year so I could take this cruise for part of the way home. I would be solo (DH has to go home before me).

Could someone please tell me more about a Group cruise and what it involves. I see talk of discounts which sounds great. I haven't decided whether to go for a 1A at 150% or a 200% cabin - but would probably have to be an inside. Looking forward to hearing more. :)

Basically, the group cruise is at least 8 cabins and when we book as a group, we get a better rate and some perks, usually an onboard credit. Other perks might be chocolate and strawberries in your cabin or a private cocktail party...it all depends on how many cabins we end up with. We will also have some activities planned as a group which you can join in or not as you like.

We have to get approval from Cruisecritic to be considered an "official" group cruise and then to get the group rate, you must book the cruise through the TA that Cruisecritic uses.

I also travel solo, and chatting here is a great way to meet the people you'll be cruising with. One thing to be aware of with a solo booking is that if we get a reduced initial deposit for the group you won't be able to take advantage of it. Solo bookings always require the full deposit at time of booking.

I hope you decide to join us.

Thanks for the information. It sounds good. I'll keep watching and see what happens. We have to finalise our trip to the West Coast first and I'll need to look into airfares which might be rather dear if I'm not doing a return fare.

Thanks for the information. It sounds good. I'll keep watching and see what happens. We have to finalise our trip to the West Coast first and I'll need to look into airfares which might be rather dear if I'm not doing a return fare.

We were wondering about the airfares ourselves. Since a return is cheaper than a 1 way from Australia to Seattle:confused: We were thinking of booking a return but only using it as a one way. ;)We would save over $1000AUD That money would cover our flight from Honolulu to Aus.

Considering how much it costs people from Australia and NZ to travel to North America (not to mention how long it takes), I'm always amazed at how much travelling you seem to do. :D Once you get to the US, you can get some pretty cheap airfares, but I'm like you in that it costs me more to get anywhere in the US because I'm flying from Canada.

Gotta love that cruising/travelling addiction, right? :D

Congrats on the pricing! Will keep my fingers crossed that I'll hear from Laura soon about my cruises. I'm sure you will all have a wonderful cruise.
Thank you for you kind words! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well and I'm sure you'll be up and running soon!;) Have a great weekend!:D

Good morning Aloha cruisers. It's a long weekend here in Canada. Monday is Victoria Day....not named for the city I live in, but originally to celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday. Now, while it's still called Victoria Day, it is supposed to be celebrating the current Monarch's birthday. Go figure. :D

Any news on the group booking? I've had good news from my travel agent who says he can get me a split airfare so I'm now very keen to do this cruise!!! :)

Nothing yet.

There was a post by Cruising Ron VA who has the same problem.....he's organizing a group cruise and has sent emails to Laura without hearing anything from her. Apparently, there can be quite a delay getting things going, so it is all a matter of patience. I will send another email next week and hope that I hear from her.

I don't know how long it will take to hear from Laura and then to get pricing from the Cruisecritic TA.

Wish I had better news, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll hear something soon.

Good morning, Aloha cruisers. Hope everyone is having a good Saturday (or Sunday for some of you :D).

We need some more people who want to join us for a wonderful 12 day cruise to the beautiful islands of Hawaii from Vancouver. Lots of sun, blue skies and new friends.

Here is the itinerary:

Sept. 14 - Vancouver - Depart 5 p.m.

Sept. 15 - At Sea

Sept. 16 - At Sea

Sept. 17 - At Sea

Sept. 18 - At Sea

Sept. 19 - At Sea

Sept. 20 - Kona - Arrive 8 a.m. Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 21 - Kaui (Nawiliwili) - Arrive 8 a.m. Depart 5 p.m.

Sept. 22 - Hilo - Arrive 9 a.m. Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 23 - Maui (Kahului) Arrive 8 a.m.

Sept. 24 - Maui (Kahului) Depart 6 p.m.

Sept. 25 - Honolulu Arrive 8 a.m.

Sept. 26 - Honolulu Depart 8 a.m.

hawaiihuladance.gifpalm_sun_unk.gif

May-be a naked hula lady might at least get the men's attention hehe:p Come on ever-one just think of the sand the luau's the cocktails at sunset while wearing a hawaiian shirt that you would not dare wear in public at home ;)

Tracey

May-be a naked hula lady might at least get the men's attention hehe:p ;)

Tracey

Honest, it's just a co-incidence that I logged on today... ;)

Can't wait to get the Hawaiian portion booked too! Hope Laura gets back into the swing of it soon!!

Honest, it's just a co-incidence that I logged on today... ;)

Can't wait to get the Hawaiian portion booked too! Hope Laura gets back into the swing of it soon!!

I am ahead of myself. I paid the Alaskan part off to-day with the refund from the P&O cruise. If I didn't I would have nibbled at it until it was all gone.:eek: Now just need to get the Hawaiian part underway.:confused:

Archived