**OFFICIAL** Island Hoppers ~ Vancouver to Hawaii ~Sept 14, 2010

Luckysll

Hi Tracey. Yes, this thread doesn't seem to be getting much attention or interest :(. I'm guilty, too, of not pushing harder for more folks to join in. I did add the link in my signature, though.

Right now, I'm also trying to organize B2B group cruises on the Miracle in 2011. The group of people I cruised with on the Pride last month (we called ourselves the Panamaniacs) are doing a reunion cruise and we've decided to do the Southern and Western Caribbean, so it's taken up some of my time and attention thinking about that one. Looks like we already have at least 16 cabins for each leg, so it's definitely a go. Just waiting for Laura to get back from her cruise to get the approval for an official group cruise.

I'm also going to Alaska this September and haven't been on that roll call much either.

I've been meaning to ask you....where in Australia are you exactly? I was in Australia many years ago and have always wanted to go back. One of the Panamaniac couples was from Brisbane and they have a Sydney to Honolulu cruise booked for next April that some of the Panamaniacs are doing. I'd love to do it, too, just can't afford it right now.

Hi Sandy

Another BC person here..

I posted on the roll call as that is where I first looked to find out if anyone had booked yet.

We just got talking about this one over the weekend

We have done it before, in 2006 with slight port modifications.

Thinking they are saving fuel & maybe port charges? with this set up BUT it is still good.

Our single friend would like to book 1 cabin & DH & I another.

Possibly a 3rd person another single cabin.

Wanting some good pricing though. With the economy slump I thought listed prices would be cheaper than 2006 but they aren't.

DH wants a balcony & we are over 55 & past cuisers...any ideas as how to get better prices?

Pat

Hi Sandy

Another BC person here..

I posted on the roll call as that is where I first looked to find out if anyone had booked yet.

We just got talking about this one over the weekend

We have done it before, in 2006 with slight port modifications.

Thinking they are saving fuel & maybe port charges? with this set up BUT it is still good.

Our single friend would like to book 1 cabin & DH & I another.

Possibly a 3rd person another single cabin.

Wanting some good pricing though. With the economy slump I thought listed prices would be cheaper than 2006 but they aren't.

DH wants a balcony & we are over 55 & past cuisers...any ideas as how to get better prices?

Pat

If you have 3 cabins, then that would take us to 9 and I can certainly go to Laura about making it an official group cruise. I know Laura is currently cruising on the Splendor, so it would have to wait until she gets back.

Prices for groups are generally better than the online prices shown on Carnival's website, but I can't get a quote until it goes through Cruisecritic's TA and that has to wait for approval from Laura.

As soon as I have anything, I'll let you know. Unfortunately, the prices can't be put in the thread because that's against Cruisecritic's rules, but there will be a separate thread for it.

I'd also be sailing solo, would be nice to have other solo travellers along.

I sailed solo in 2001 & it was my first cruise To be honest I didn't even know anything about anything!!!! :o

Now checking into itf or our solo friends & talking to Carnival it is double:eek:

I expected 1.5 not 2x's

Pat

Can you fill me in on the requirements etc on a CC cruise.

What if someone cancels & we are under the required amount then what?

One of my solos has some health isssues & doesn't want to do a firm comitment so far ahead.

My thoughts is get insurance ..I mean one never knows anyway.

So what about deposits, cancellations, pricing, any extra benifits etc. etc.

Keep me posted so I can pass along the info.

Pat

I know that if you book with the group cruise and then have to cancel, there is a $50 charge. If you find another group cruise, you can transfer your deposit to that cruise with no charge, but if not, then you'd lose the $50.

As for what happens if we are under the required 8 cabins, I don't know what happens. I recall someone telling me we'd get the group pricing as that's what we booked at, but not get any group perks, like an onboard credit and such. I will definitely be checking this when speaking to the TA.

As for solo pricing, it is basically double the per person rate, however you only pay one set of taxes and port charges. The only way to get a better deal is to book one of the 1A guarantee cabins and that's about 150% of the per person rate, rather than 200%.

Hi Tracey. Yes, this thread doesn't seem to be getting much attention or interest :(. I'm guilty, too, of not pushing harder for more folks to join in. I did add the link in my signature, though.

Right now, I'm also trying to organize B2B group cruises on the Miracle in 2011. The group of people I cruised with on the Pride last month (we called ourselves the Panamaniacs) are doing a reunion cruise and we've decided to do the Southern and Western Caribbean, so it's taken up some of my time and attention thinking about that one. Looks like we already have at least 16 cabins for each leg, so it's definitely a go. Just waiting for Laura to get back from her cruise to get the approval for an official group cruise.

I'm also going to Alaska this September and haven't been on that roll call much either.

I've been meaning to ask you....where in Australia are you exactly? I was in Australia many years ago and have always wanted to go back. One of the Panamaniac couples was from Brisbane and they have a Sydney to Honolulu cruise booked for next April that some of the Panamaniacs are doing. I'd love to do it, too, just can't afford it right now.

Hi Sandy

We are from a town called Raymond Terrace which is about 1.5 hours drive north of Sydney. It is a quaint little town nice and quiet at times. Our daughter Kirby and her husband with our two grandaughters live nearby, our yougest son Christopher lives between us and his girlfriends parents home. And our eldest Brendan is away training for the Airforce miss him terribly. As for Brisbane it is about a 9 hour drive or 1 hour flight north of us.

Tracey:):p

Hi Sandy

We are from a town called Raymond Terrace which is about 1.5 hours drive north of Sydney. It is a quaint little town nice and quiet at times. Our daughter Kirby and her husband with our two grandaughters live nearby, our yougest son Christopher lives between us and his girlfriends parents home. And our eldest Brendan is away training for the Airforce miss him terribly. As for Brisbane it is about a 9 hour drive or 1 hour flight north of us.

Tracey:):p

As you can see we are doing the Honolulu to Sydney in September on the Sun Princess it is the second half of the cruise actually it is a round trip from Sydney 35 day's in all. We will be doing 18 day's. Just could not swing any-more time of work. Will do the whole cruise another time.:eek:

luckysll

mikey233

GottaLuvCruising

Tracyvansmith (2 cabins)

eltigre (2 cabins definate another possible)

Here's the list:

luckysll

mikey233

aussie2324

GottaLuvCruising

Tracyvansmith (2 cabins)

eltigre (2 or 3 cabins)

I'll keep hoping for more interest in this one.

I do temp work to supplement my pension and it's the temp work that allows me to cruise. Unfortunately, there hasn't been much work lately, so it may affect what cruising I do in the future. I have my Alaska cruise in September which is a definite as will be the reunion group cruise I'm trying to organize for 2011, but both my February 2010 cruise on the Dream and this one are both "iffy" right now. :(

If I do decide not to do this one, perhaps someone else can continue on with organizing it. At the moment, I'm still planning on doing the cruise.

When does Laura get back from her cruise. It will be great to get some prices.:D Patience is not my best quality.:rolleyes: But the sooner we get some costings I think that will help to get more people on board.;)

Tracey

G'day all.

I'm so bad this morning.....I ordered pizza for dinner last night and, of course, I'm now enjoying leftover pizza for breakfast. :o Just can't resist it, even this early.

Still no word from Laura, but since she was away for a week, I'm going to wait until maybe Thursday or Friday before I send another email. I also sent her an email about the other two cruises I'm organizing, and I'm hoping I'll hear about all of them soon.

I've also asked her about what happens if we have enough people book in the beginning but end up with fewer than 8 cabins due to cancellations. If we don't get a lot more interest in this cruise, then while we have the required 8 cabins now, it's something that could happen.

Will just have to keep positive that we get more people along for the fun.

Archived