best place to propose

cdnrn24

My girlfriend and I will be arriving in St Martin on Crown Princess in March 2009). I want to surprise her (she doesn't read these boards) :D and propose to her while on the island. We have been to Orient Beach twice and its just too busy for this type of thing. Any suggestions on beaches or locations on the island that would make a good proposal location?

Simpson Bay beach is a long beach that tends to be very quiet and it has a nice restaurant at a small hotel/resort called Mary Boon's I believe. The restaurant overlooks the beach and it is called The Tides. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinners on most days and I think that they have a brunch on Sundays.

Best Wishes to you both.

Karysa

I REALLY like the OVgirl parasailing/proposing idea! Have the ring tied onto a strong thread or string attached to you before you whip it out!!!!!

Fort St. Louis/Marigot is also a fine suggestion. It has a great view from up there.

Looks like your visit is from 10:00 to 6:00.

If the schedule works; For an afternoon romantic land-side proposal, I might suggest the Sunset Cafe at the Grand Case Beach Club, but you would have to hustle back to the ship.

Same for the previously mentioned Mary's Boon.

You could do the Golden Eagle sail and propose in the mudbath.

What do you think of those ideas?

gary

If you do it while parasailing, I would suggest a Dollar store ring while you are up in the air. Wouldn't want to loose a real one in all the excitement.

Good luck with your choice and congratulations.

IMHO, although Parasailing sounds exciting, you might want to have your/her feet on the ground "just in case".

Climbing up to Fort St. Louis at Marigot was my first thought of a scenic, historic and relatively quiet place to Pop the Question.

Best of luck to you both.

Nanatravel

Archived