Coral or Island - Anytime dining question

can786

We love anytime dining for it's flexibility but have only done it on the Grand class ships with two anytime dining rooms. We will be on the Island in June and I know this class of ship has only one anytime dining room. My question for those who have done anytime dining on both classes of ships is whether there is a longer wait for anytime dining on the Coral/Island vs. Grand/Golden/Star (excluding super-grand class)?

I have been on both the Coral and the Star and I saw really no difference in wait time on either ship. We always eat early around 6pm and really had no problems at all. Now if you eat later there may be.

Marilyn

I have done anytime dining on both Coral and the Grand class ships, and I agree with Marilyn that I've noticed not much difference.

Time is important, and I doubt you will have much of a problem eating early.

There was never a problem for us on Island twice last year. We ate between 6 and 6:30. We had friends with us who liked having the same waiters each night, so we made a standing reservation for 6:15. They said they would hold the table for 15 minutes, but if we weren't going to be there for some reason we always went down to let them know for sure. I really think it all depends on who is in charge of that dining room on your particular cruise. We really like the flexibility of anytime dining especially on long and/or port intensive cruises.

We were on the Island over Christmas and New Years! We also did anytime dining. We never had to wait. We ate anytime between 5:30 and 7. Sometimes we shared a table other times we asked for a table for two. We never waited. We were on the grand the year before- also any time... no waits either... oh, and that was a Christmas cruise... I think it gets busier later in the dining rooms... That's what I noticed.

Gabrielle

Archived