Does Princess change the ships time to local time in the Caribbean?

baf10

Its been a while since I have been on Princess and I thought they did but cannot remember. Carnival I know does not change the ship on the ship.

Thank you

Whenever we have cruised to the eastern Caribbean on Princess from FL, the ship's time was set forward 1 hour for Atlantic time, and set back to Eastern time on the return trip.

This was posted in the patter, and a reminder card was left on the bed the night before any change.

DavidnSteph

Whenever we have cruised to the eastern Caribbean on Princess from FL, the ship's time was set forward 1 hour for Atlantic time, and set back to Eastern time on the return trip.

This was posted in the patter, and a reminder card was left on the bed the night before any change.

DavidnSteph

I see people ask this question alot on all the boards and I just dont get it.....why wouldnt they change the ship time to match the time zone they are in.....if they didnt, could u imagine being on a world cruise:eek::eek: Nobody would ever know what time it is.....lol:D

I see people ask this question alot on all the boards and I just dont get it.....why wouldnt they change the ship time to match the time zone they are in.....if they didnt, could u imagine being on a world cruise:eek::eek: Nobody would ever know what time it is.....lol:D

For most of the ports we've visited, the ship's time was adjusted to the time zone we were in. One really strange exception was on our Tahiti-Hawaii cruise, when we crossed the international date line briefly and stopped at Christmas Island, Kiribati. On this island, we were told to ignore the local time and stick to the ship's time.:)

DavidnSteph

For most of the ports we've visited, the ship's time was adjusted to the time zone we were in. One really strange exception was on our Tahiti-Hawaii cruise, when we crossed the international date line briefly and stopped at Christmas Island, Kiribati. On this island, we were told to ignore the local time and stick to the ship's time.:)

DavidnSteph

Briefly is the key word here......we were always informed by the "daily", the "patter" or whatever u want to call it, when to change the clocks back and that is all I need....people keep asking this ? like it is some type of secret......trust me they will let u know when to change clocks on a ship;)

They do let you know, but sometimes I have seen people interpret the information incorrectly.

Example: The Wednesday Patter will tell you to move the clock an hour that night which means the time will change an hour between Wednesday night and Thursday morning.

However, people receive the Wednesday Patter Tuesday evening. Some people mistakenly change their clock (watch) Tuesday night (the day they received the Wednesday Patter), a day early.

The effect of this is seen on Wednesday morning when these people show up for an event either an hour early (when clock was set ahead) or an hour late (when clock was set back).

Just a thought....the REASON that people ask this question so many times and why they need to know BEFORE they are the cruise, is that they are trying to plan shore excursions on their own. In order to do this, you need to know in advance what time the ship is actually arriving, be it local time or EST time. I have done this many times and for some reason, people think there is no need to worry about it because you'll find out when you get on the ship. Too late!!

They do let you know, but sometimes I have seen people interpret the information incorrectly.

Example: The Wednesday Patter will tell you to move the clock an hour that night which means the time will change an hour between Wednesday night and Thursday morning.

However, people receive the Wednesday Patter Tuesday evening. Some people mistakenly change their clock (watch) Tuesday night (the day they received the Wednesday Patter), a day early.

The effect of this is seen on Wednesday morning when these people show up for an event either an hour early (when clock was set ahead) or an hour late (when clock was set back).

OK, I have actually done this :o My defense is that it was my first ever cruise and I was a bit excited.

DavidnSteph

The reason they don't change the time for Kiribati is because there's nothing happening there and your time off the ship is minimal.

people keep asking this ? like it is some type of secret......trust me they will let u know when to change clocks on a ship;)

I for one am glad it was asked.

I have only cruised on Carnival previously, and they keep all of their clocks set to the local time of the embarkation port.

I had no idea they changed the clocks on princess..... good to know! :p

Royal Caribbean didn't change the time. They warned you to stay on ship time and not local time.

Royal Caribbean didn't change the time. They warned you to stay on ship time and not local time.

I was on the voyager of the seas for the Aug sailing and we changed times twice so not sure what u missed???:confused:

Archived