Century 4-night, just returned

niborHS

Thanks for the great review. We are doing a family cruise (11 of us :eek:) on Century in 12 days! And I was excited already but reading your review really helped excite me even more. I am so ready to get into some nice weather, 60's sounds like heaven right now.

2 questions for you:

1. Were the safes programable with a number or are they the credit card type, and

2. (I know you may not be able to answer this) Did it seem like there was much ballroom dancing? Sounds like the Rendezvous lounge would be the best place for it.

Thanks!

Lisa

The Rendez-vous is the place for ballroom - but the dance floor is extremely small - one of - if not -the smallest on a Celebrity ship. Two to three couples ballroom dancing on it pretty much fills it.

How was the food on the 4 day. We have been on the 5 day before and the food was great. I read one post that said the food was not that good. Also anyone have the menus. Please tell me there is still escargo:eek:

No escargot - at least in the main dining room. We were very disappointed in the new menus. We have always had a hard time deciding between a couple of entrees each night on the old Celebrity menus. With the new menus - there was only one thing that appealed to us 4 nights of the 5. And for the first time in all our Celebrity cruises we ate in the alternative casual dining for dinner because nothing on the main dining room menu that night sounded good to us 1 night.

I'm looking for a 4 or 5-day cruise on the Century in April.

How big are the rooms, is there a lot of storage room? (disclaimer: while the cruise might be ony 4 or 5 nights, we have to lug our luggage for 2,5 weeks vacation with us)

The size of the room depends on the category of cabin you book; but we were on a 21 day trip and had plenty of storage for our luggage. There is a lot of room under the bed for suitcases that open flat; we had enough room in the closet to put the big suitcase and just hung shirts over it; lots of drawer space and shelves and plenty of room in the bathroom. If you go on the Celebrity website and look under Plan your Cruise, you can select 'ship' and then 'staterooms' and see a floor plan of whatever cabin you are looking at to determine if it's large enough for you.

Hope this helps

Cathy

Everyone has to realize that something like food is very subjective. Whereas I may have had trouble choosing between the entrees because I would have enjoyed them all, obviously there are people who don't even like one thing. Besides that, you can always order steak or salmon. I could even be happy with 2 or 3 appetizers, soup, salad and dessert and skip the entree altogether.

As far as the cabin goes, this was my first time in an inside cabin, and we had plenty of space. I took way too much, and we didn't use all the space. If you have hard sided luggage you may have a problem, but other than that you can slide it under the bed. There are more than enough drawers, shelves and hanging space for everything. As far as the safe goes, it is easy to program, but is a 6 digit code. Usually I am with my husband, so we use our anniversary. What I did with my friend was use "00" and our room number for the 6 digits. In the area where the safe is there are also shelves if you want to put other items. That was where I had suntan lotion, brushes, my makeup bag and things like that.

If you are talking about true ballroom dancing, I would say that you should find a ballroom dancing cruise, which there might be. As a previous poster mentioned, the dance floor in the Rendezvous is small, and that is your only choice.

I see that no one else has commented on the Celebrity singers and dancers. Was my group the only one who thought they were awful?

Lois, "less than delicious", what a great way to describe their coffee.

Robin, it really is...unfortunetly:eek:

Whenever I get that first cup I always wonder if it is

going to be good or not:rolleyes:.

Glad I love everything else I get while on board:D

TPCruiser2 - Yup, guys are expected to wear jackets in the MDR on formal nite. You might want to check the =X= website for their dress code. Century docked at the International Pier in Cozumel last Saturday. That's a $7 cab ride to downtown San Miguel.

The reason that I didn't mention lobster is that Long Island has some of the best lobsters anywhere, so it is not a big deal to me, and nothing I would bother to even think about. When it is lobster night, they me the small lobster tails. I'll take my own 3 lb lobster any day over that. Right now they are quite cheap in the northeast, they say because of the economy the supply is up and the cost is down. They did have a seafood risotto one night that came with a lobster tail. People did ask for an extra tail and got it.

They do require a jacket in the main dining room. In my opinion, if you don't want to abide by the dress code, there are plenty other cruise lines to go on where you don't need one. Celebrity is great, but if it's not for you, then it's not. I saw 1 man in the dining room with a white round collared shirt under a jacket, kind of like a t-shirt. Very few tuxedos.

I am a 55 year old man who has sailed on several lines. To me, "formal" is either a suit or a tux.....Nothing less! I consider "semi-formal" to be a suit (or at least slacks & a sports coat!). ....with "casual" being slacks & a shirt --- no jeans or shorts (unless it's breakfast or lunch).

I'm amazed at people who feel that rules simply do not apply to THEM. If I choose not to dress for dinner, I just stay in my room & have room service.

Am I wrong?

Could someone who has done the four night cruise tell me when the formal night takes place?

Thank you!

Linda

Hi Linda, last time I did a 4 nighter was on CENTURY and

formal night was night #2.

Hi Lois,

That's what I guessed, but I was thinking of booking Murano and wanted to be sure.

How are you and what's your next cruise? We had such a good time on Century in the Med,

that I figured we'd jump on for four nights just to see who's still on the ship and have a little treat while we're in Florida.

Thank you!

Linda

I am thinking about taking my best friend on a girls getaway for a 4 day cruise on Celebrity on the March 19 sailing. It has been a very stressful year for both of us and we really need to get away and have some fun. I have cruised twice on RCL, once on HAL, and once on Princess (a long time ago). I have never sailed Celebrity before. I really liked RCL for two main reasons: the very friendly staff, and the on-board activities. I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on how Celebrity might compare to RCL in this area. Is the staff very friendly? Do they interact with the passengers? What kinds of on-board activities are there on the 4 night cruise. I especially like fun things that involve the passengers, like Karoke, games and contests, etc.

Any infomation you can provide would be great.

Thanks

Tammy

[quote name='wiselindag']Hi Lois,

That's what I guessed, but I was thinking of booking Murano and wanted to be sure.
How are you and what's your next cruise? We had such a good time on Century in the Med,
that I figured we'd jump on for four nights just to see who's still on the ship and have a little treat while we're in Florida.

Thank you!

Linda[/quote]

Hi Linda, I am fine thanks:) I am sailing on CENTURY
in April:D When are you going?

Archived