Electric Car Rental

Budbuckeye

They ripped us off for 300.00 and they use a bait and switched scam the one lady tells you can rent a car for 6 but she knows you 7 in your group sends you to someone else who does the paper work when they see you have 7 they say you broke their suppose contract and forfit your deposit but I cant say to much on the boards because they say I do something wrong they ban me for 3 days so thats my story .

• 2 weeks later...
Are these like golf carts? Yes they are, electric cars.

Do you park them like normal cars when you stop to look around?You park them just like a normal car and you pay the parking meter just like a normal car.

Can you drive them on the streets like normal cars?

Yes, you drive them on the street.

They are very easy to drive. You will see them all over the island.

Laura

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that you got ripped off :mad:... most cars are only available for 2, 4, or 6 people.

I was going to use http://keywest.gogpstours.com/ more affordable than going through cruise. BUT make sure they reserve it for the correct day. They sent me an email that I could make a reservation but had it for the wrong day.

We opted to do the trolley instead cuz I heard parking could be horrible.

Hope you have a great time with whatever you choose.

Are these like golf carts?

Do you park them like normal cars when you stop to look around?

Can you drive them on the streets like normal cars?

Whatever you do make sure you feed the meters as they seem to have one parking enforcement officer for every vehicle.

• 1 month later...

We are currently in Key West on the Enchantment and wanted to suggest that you avoid a company called Sunshine Rentals. Here is the letter I am emailing them right now.

We rented from the Duval/Caroline Street location. My friend had trouble getting her scooter started. Just as the employee asked "do you want another one", he (your employee) managed to get it started. Silly us, we should have taken one that turned over immediately.

Less than an hour later we were parked in a meter spot across from the Butterfly Conservatory. She could not get it started again. She tried several times, repeating all the steps your employee had shown her. IT WOULD NOT START.

We put money in the meter to last until you could retrieve it, and we came immediately back to your place to report it. They gave us a new one and we were on the way, without one word about a recovery fee.

Upon returning we learned that we were to be charged a $50 retrieval fee and that we would have to pay a $25 meter expired charge, even though we had put money in the meter. If your people would have gotten down there in reasonable time they would easily have been able to get it. We were told "it started right up" which I do not believe. If we could start it, why in God's name would we wasted all this time???

We were told that "the number is all over the scooter, we should have called." But that was not an instruction we were given at rental and when we returned it it was 11:45 and we were heading to a meeting at noon. We were not going to waste our small amount of our time in Key West waiting for you.

We were also later told "I gave you a different one" meaning that the one we had trouble starting had been exchanged already. BOLD FACED FALSEHOOD.

So the rental was around $63, but the "retrieval fee" (which, again, it was not our fault it took them so long to come and get it) was $50 and the ticket was $25.

We find this the worst kind of customer service and laziness. We plan to post this exact letter on Cruise Critic as well as any Women's Week message board we can find. We also will likely report you to the Better Business Bureau, as we are also small business owners in Fort Lauderdale and would never treat a customer this way.

Fair warning!

Adie87

does anyone know if we can rent with kids? We have a 4 yo and a 6 yo whom are normally still in car seats...how fast do these go? Anyone know the laws regarding kids in carseats? Do they have seatbelts? I would consider this if they went at a snails pace :rolleyes:, but maybe the trolley would be a better option?

I am in Key West on a business trip and did some excursion hunting for my mom. I found many companies that you can order from. My mom wants a 6 person golf cart for 3 hours.

Here is what I found, prices range from 120.00 to 180.00 for 6 people cart for 3 hours. The further away from the cruise ship I went, the price went down.

• 2 months later...

Archived