Has Anyone Else Not Met Cabin Stewerd??

hillbillycruisers

Last week on the Glory we never met our steward. We nodded to a steward in the hallway, who was probably ours but we were not sure. First time in many cruises this has happened. He gave us good service, but we will never sail Carnival again for several other reasons.

Hey Hillbilly...good to see you on here. I am so very sorry that I didn't get to meet you, if you go to our thread you can read my partial story. I would have loved to have met you.

As to the steward....the first day before dinner, we went to our room and he came in and had us sign a paper stating our names, how many beach towels were in the room and sign it (his name was Trevor), I saw him a couple of times after that and hellos were exchanged. One day "I" introduced myself to his assistant "Joko". They both were nice but not talkative rather shy. I stayed in the room ALOT as I was seasick most of the time until I put on a patch on the way home, but the waves still bothered me some on the way home (and to think I was worried about my DH getting sick....NOT ME). The last night I put the following items on the bed for them....a Christmas card addressed to both of them with a tip inside and a Christmas stocking for each one with a large package of M&M's in them. They did not leave a note of thanks nor did I see them to receive a verbal one.

And yes I thought it was odd because in my past cruise my steward and his assistant were always right there in the hallway greeting us as we went by. But they kept my room clean and came in when we were no where around (I think they must have bells or something alerting them that you have left your cabin...LOL) because I spent alot of time in there.

My boss and daughters are on Ecstasy as I type this and will be back Monday, I will ask her how hers went.

Our first cruise on the Fantasy I never met our room steward. I saw quite a few in the hall and spoke as I went by, but I never knew which was in charge of our room. OUr steward must have been watching us though, because she knew when we were there and when we left. One afternoon we left but my husband stayed behind to "use the facilities", well you know how small the bathroom is so he went in and left the door open. Much to his surprise, the steward came in the cabin, saw him and ran right back out. He said he didn't know who was more surprised him or her.:D

I have been on 8 cruises and have met our steward every time..a few of them we did not see often, one seemed to live in our room..the best was a womans on RCL my grandson adored her and she took such great care of him and us ..i don't remember ever signing anything from the cabin steward

I must be in the 8.2% then. I don't recall meeting mine on either of our cruises. I did see them in the hall and I'd say "Hello". But, no one ever came and knocked on our door and said "Hi, I'm (insert name here) your cabin steward."

Ditto

On our first cruise on Fantasy we did not meet our steward either. One day while I was walking down the hall I saw a steward (female) and took a chance and asked her if she was our room steward she said yes and that was the last time I ever saw or spoke to her.:( I was a little disappointed because I was looking forward to the whole I wanna feel special thing since it was our first. Of course that did not in any way affect our cruise. She did a great job with our room. On our second one on Conquest our steward was always around it seemed like. At one point I felt like he was stalking:D because he was always asking if we needed anything.

We sailed last Dec. on the Ecstasy, and had a very enjoyable cruise, but what I found odd was..we never once saw our cabin stewerd..always on previous cruises, they would come introduce themselves..usually first day out...this one never showed...ever...he/she did a fine job...absolutley no complaints...always had ice...towel animals...the usual, but we thought it very strange they never came to see us...and we did spend the usual amount of time in our room....I went ahead and gave him/her a little extra tip, but probably would have felt inclined to tip more if we only had a face to go with whoever we were tipping...anyway...just wondering if this is rare or happens more than we thought :)

I've met every steward on my 9 carnival cruises. First, when I go directly to my room to drop off my carry on stuff..I usually give them a tip then while showing them my collapsible cooler that I want filled daily;) Then I leave until the cabin is ready:)

Well........I guess its good to know , from all the responses, thats its not just us who had this expierence...I guess as busy as they probably are, sometimes the stewerds miss a room or two with their greetings...its also nice to see there are other STEELER fans on here...those are my boys...for over 40 years now, I've been a rabid Steelers fan...its kinda hard to do here in Chiefs country, but I manage... :)

On our Miracle cruise last month, our Steward (Herbert) introduced himself to us within the first hour we arrived. He then introduced us to his afternoon assistant (Asep). The following morning we met the morning assistant (Hannah). We saw all of them on a daily basis and spoke with them often. I spent about 15 minutes with Herbert showing him my TomTom GPS and showing him how it worked - he was fascinated. Hannah worked evenings cleaning up in and arround the theatre between shows, so we would see her nearly every night. Great bunch of young folks.

Hey Hillbilly...good to see you on here. I am so very sorry that I didn't get to meet you, if you go to our thread you can read my partial story. I would have loved to have met you.

As to the steward....the first day before dinner, we went to our room and he came in and had us sign a paper stating our names, how many beach towels were in the room and sign it (his name was Trevor), I saw him a couple of times after that and hellos were exchanged. One day "I" introduced myself to his assistant "Joko". They both were nice but not talkative rather shy. I stayed in the room ALOT as I was seasick most of the time until I put on a patch on the way home, but the waves still bothered me some on the way home (and to think I was worried about my DH getting sick....NOT ME). The last night I put the following items on the bed for them....a Christmas card addressed to both of them with a tip inside and a Christmas stocking for each one with a large package of M&M's in them. They did not leave a note of thanks nor did I see them to receive a verbal one.

And yes I thought it was odd because in my past cruise my steward and his assistant were always right there in the hallway greeting us as we went by. But they kept my room clean and came in when we were no where around (I think they must have bells or something alerting them that you have left your cabin...LOL) because I spent alot of time in there.

My boss and daughters are on Ecstasy as I type this and will be back Monday, I will ask her how hers went.

Hey Faith...good to see you are still alive and kickin...hope you are doing okay...I'm sorry we didnt get to meet you at our little roll call meeting...not very many showed up, and after all the anticipation we all had...but we did get to meet some nice people...AND...I'll give you another chance...we are taking the very same cruise this comming December..sailing Dec 7th on the good old Ecstasy again...( if I still have a job by then..lol )...anyway...its a long ways off, and I'm already driving my wife crazy talking about it...so...here's what we do...round up all those roll call folks from our last cruise...talk them into going again...and we'll all have a blast!!! :)

We've met our room steward every cruise. We've never signed any list. Some cruises the room steward has been very visible and friendly, others we seldom saw them. I would hate to go the entire cruise and not meet the person(s) who are cleaning my room.

Archived