Has Anyone Else Not Met Cabin Stewerd??

hillbillycruisers

We sailed last Dec. on the Ecstasy, and had a very enjoyable cruise, but what I found odd was..we never once saw our cabin stewerd..always on previous cruises, they would come introduce themselves..usually first day out...this one never showed...ever...he/she did a fine job...absolutley no complaints...always had ice...towel animals...the usual, but we thought it very strange they never came to see us...and we did spend the usual amount of time in our room....I went ahead and gave him/her a little extra tip, but probably would have felt inclined to tip more if we only had a face to go with whoever we were tipping...anyway...just wondering if this is rare or happens more than we thought :)

We have cruised over 40 times and we have always met our cabin steward. There may have been a time of two that we only met on the first day, but they always did a good job. I noticed the last few years, they will come and introduce themselve and then ask you to sign their chart, I suppose so their superiors will know that they did introduce themselves.

We sailed last Dec. on the Ecstasy, and had a very enjoyable cruise, but what I found odd was..we never once saw our cabin stewerd..always on previous cruises, they would come introduce themselves..usually first day out...this one never showed...ever...he/she did a fine job...absolutley no complaints...always had ice...towel animals...the usual, but we thought it very strange they never came to see us...and we did spend the usual amount of time in our room....I went ahead and gave him/her a little extra tip, but probably would have felt inclined to tip more if we only had a face to go with whoever we were tipping...anyway...just wondering if this is rare or happens more than we thought :)

This happened to us on our first cruise!! I thought it was just us.;) the second cruise we saw our steward the first day and that was it. He did a very fine job though.

We've always met our cabin steward and their assistant too. As a matter of fact, we were on another ship and the assistant who saw us on the Miracle was assigned to our cabin section on the Victory - we opened the door and "WOW"....lots of hugging going on. What a great group of people they have - hard working and always a smile! :D

I've met my room steward on all of my cruises and at least the last couple of times I remember signing off on the list. Most of the time, I see him or her in the hallway and speak, but on my first cruise on the Legend, I never saw my steward again after the first day. The cabin was always cleaned to perfection and always had ice, but never saw him again. I decided he must be magic!:)

91.8% of the time you will meet your steward.
I must be in the 8.2% then. I don't recall meeting mine on either of our cruises. I did see them in the hall and I'd say "Hello". But, no one ever came and knocked on our door and said "Hi, I'm (insert name here) your cabin steward."

We've had a mixed bag. Two cruises we have never seen or met the steward. The first one the room was still kept up fine, the second time is the only time in six cruises we have had a really bad steward. We almost took the tips off it was so bad and I used to be a waitress so it takes a LOT for me to even consider that.

We've had to sign the clipboard sheet on every cruise except our first, and the one last summer where we also never saw the steward. I wonder if he? she? forged our name? :p

We've had one truly exceptional steward in that time - always around, saying hello, checking on our day - a really great guy. The others we met the first day and just saw occasionally but they did everything necessary to keep the room up. Our steward on the Glory last month actually told us how to page him and said that we might not see him much as he is assigned rooms on two different floors now. :eek:

First cruise, never once laid eyes on our room steward.

Four cruises since then, repeated interactions with the steward each time.

I'm thinking perhaps our deodorant was not working well on that first cruise. ;)

That is very odd.

And in addition to meeting our steward face to face, we always pass him/her all week long in the hallway or nod to them in other rooms.

I've always met mine. See them in the rooms and also in the hallways as we pass back and forth. Maybe because I spend more morning time in my room on my balcony??? Not sure but I've never been on cruise where I didn't meet the steward, and usually got on nodding basis with most of the halls stewards as we pass through.

Carole

On 8 cruises, I havent met the steward only 2 times, the 2nd time, he introduced him self to my sister as she answered the door. The other time NEVER met him or her, wouldnt recongnize him/her if we passed in the hall.

Felt a little strange not meeting.

Cathy

Would I be able to bring a guest?

IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT –

READ CAREFULLY

In consideration of the receipt of the full cruise fare, Carnival Cruise Lines (“Carnival”) agrees to transport Guest on the above - specified voyage on the following terms and conditions:

1. DEFINITIONS AND SCOPE OF CONTRACT FOR STEWARD'S RECEPTION

(a) Whenever the word “Carnival” is used in this Contract it shall mean and include the Vessel, its owners, operators, employees, agents, charterers and tenders. The term “Guest” shall include the plural where appropriate, and all persons or entities booking or purchasing passage and/or traveling under this Contract, including heirs, representatives and any accompanying minors. The masculine includes the feminine. “Guest” shall have the same meaning as “Passenger” in this Contract. Only one guest per cabin may attend the Steward's Reception so that there will be enough meatballs on toothpicks to go around. Freeloaders will be assigned to steward duties for the duration of the cruise. :eek:

Archived