Booked in August for the Baltic

NC&KY

Looking for some early guidance on the Baltic cruise on Voyager. What's the dress code, specifically, how many formal nights? And is there anyone like Elmo or Hal (fixtures on the PG) that I should look for? My wife and I are set for late August. How long from now is that?????

The dress code for your cruise should be on the website (when it finally is completed). Generally, 7 night cruises do not have a formal night -- just one informal one. The Baltic cruise is absolutely amazing -- you should enjoy it very much.

Sorry, no clue what "Elmo or Hal" is. The Voyager is quite different than the PG!

I know Regent does not have formal nights on their Alaskan itineraries, and perhaps they have eliminated them (as travelcat2 reports) from the Baltics as well, since it is port intensive. But I am not 100% sure of this.

"But people were pretty well dressed on the informal nights."

My wife has lots of pants suits that will cover a wide range of dress, so she's set; I'm more concerned about myself. Does your statement mean suits and ties for men, sport coat and ties, or just jacket and open neck shirt?

"But people were pretty well dressed on the informal nights."

My wife has lots of pants suits that will cover a wide range of dress, so she's set; I'm more concerned about myself. Does your statement mean suits and ties for men, sport coat and ties, or just jacket and open neck shirt?

I think passengers might dress more in the Baltics than in Alaska -- not sure why that is. In Alaska, we saw mostly slacks, sports jacket and no tie on informal nights. The "dressed up" men wore a suit and tie. The Regent brochure "recommends" a tie for men on informal nights -- I'd say it runs about 60% no ties (depending on the cruise and whose on it)

Thanks. The major packing issue is formal--tux, tux shirt, and long evening gown. Coat and tie, I can handle with no problems, and my wife is set as long as she doesn't have to pack the long dress.

Archived