Tell me about a Sky Suite

Breezey

Sorry if the question was asked before but the search "button" hasnt been working.

We were booked in a CC cabin on the Infinity but today, my TA found out that for a very very minimal amount we were able to upgrade to a Sky Suite. Am pretty excited about it as we only cruise every couple of years.

For those who have been in a sky suite, tell me your wonderful (and perhaps not so wonderful) experiences and what I can expect other than what I read in the stateroom details on their website (including afternoon tea service?, and whether the hors d'ouvres are the same as I got in CC? and the in-suite meal services are the same menu as the dining room?)

Thanks much.

We have only been on Celebrity once, last year for a transatlantic on the Summit. It was a special occasion and we booked the sky suite, which was fantastic. The butler was very discreet, was there when we needed him, and not obtrusive otherwise. The cabin was the best we've ever been in on any ship. We had cabin 6132, which had the angled balcony which made our cabin a little larger and the balcony quite a bit larger. Our in suite meals were ordered off the regular room service menu, and the butler delivered them. The location of our cabin was great also, just off the hallway to the aft steps and elevators and quite close to the MDR.

Don't know if the hors d'oerves were any different, but our butler took great care of us and we got lots of huge shrimp and great cheeses every day. The tea service was lovely for a transatlantic, since we were on board for 6 days straight.

We are now booked in a Sky Suite on the Solstice and I am anxious to hear a review from someone who has been in one.

Everyone is different, but we loved the sky suite.

Thanks for the input. Hoping to hear from others especially those who have experienced both a CC and Sky Suite.

Other than the cabin size, tell me about how we use the butler, whether the free capuccinos are in-cabin or at the cafe as well? There was a thread re the CC hors douvres, wondering if they are the same? Mmm, seems to be a focus on food here.

Are there loungers on the balcony?

Tell me more.....

tks.

:confused::p:o Looking forward to more responses to your questions about sky suite, I have one booked for next month, and I can't get enough information to wrap my head around concerning exactly what it will be like, never having booked one before...I will write after the 12th of April to let you know of my experience.

Breezy,

If you use the "Search this Forum" tab in the top right corner of initial page of Celebrity posts and put in the search term Sky Suites you will find lots of responses (I found 250).

Thanks thats how I started but the search button hasnt been working for me for weeks. Will try again as I dont like starting threads that have been started 100's of times before.

We have been in a CC cabin and a SS, both were wonderful. Given the choice, the SS would win every time.

At first, I wasn't sure about having the Butler but, I've got to say, it was a fantastic experience, almost treated like Royalty. ;) You can tell him what you would like for your hors douvers, if you are out and about on the ship, he/she will leave them in your suite. Afternoon tea will be served in your suite, capuccino if you want it.

We had 2 loungers, 2 chairs, a table, and a side table on our MASSIVE balcony.The in room dining is fabulous. We did this a couple of times. We ordered from the DR menu, and the whole meal was brought to us course by course. The butler set the table with crisp white linens and , added a posy of flowers, it was a shame to disturb it all. :) We loved having breakfast on the balcony, one of the best parts of the day for us. ;)

You will love being in a SS, I'm sure.

DH and myself were in SS 1220 on the Century in 2007, we'll be doing the same soon.......................:D

Thanks so much OP for asking for info.

We have 6131 booked on Constellation for TA. First time Celebrity cruiser .and therefore not familiar with all a Sky Suite has to offer. First hand experiences are so helpful:)

The balcony looks wonderful on deck plans hope wind and privacy will be an non issue .

Sailed in aft(wakeview:)) cabin for first time last year(Eurodam) and absolutely loved that location. Those stern CC cabins with their deep balconies look pretty wonderful as well.

We just had 6132 on Constellation. I loved it. The balcony is larger and shaped like a triangle, and the cabin is slightly larger. I don't really know of any balcony that can't be seen by others. We did not feel an issue with privacy or wind. I spent many hours reading and relaxing out there. You will love it.

We just had 6132 on Constellation. I loved it. The balcony is larger and shaped like a triangle, and the cabin is slightly larger. I don't really know of any balcony that can't be seen by others. We did not feel an issue with privacy or wind. I spent many hours reading and relaxing out there. You will love it.

Thanks so much! Sounds wonderful...sigh:) Can't wait.

If I may ask a few more questions. How was the decor in the cabin, bedding etc.? I understand Constellation has been in drydock fairly recently.

We enjoy breakfast in cabin so I am looking forward to larger cabin and balcony.

Hi there. We LOVED our Sky Suite. Lovely bathroom with marble counter top,,,small jacuzzi tub with shower,,clothes line to dry things,,,well stocked shampoo,,cream rinse,,nail file,,,sewing kit repair package, etc. Nice big mirror,,tons of towels and racks for them. Hair Dryer on wall.

There was a small couch that opened to a bed (we did not use it, but would be great for a child or two to sleep on) table and chair,,,tons of closet space and dresser drawers. Flat screen tv. King size bed (two singles put together), very tastefully decorated. Large balcony with table and two chairs,,,plus two loungers. Mini bar fridge,,,DVD player for movies. Binoculars,,,umbrellas for use while there. No one could really see us from our balcony except for anyone walking on the very top observation deck,,,and then they would have to stretch. Very Nice!!!

Butler: I asked him when we first arrived to always have sodas , ice and beer in our room,,,and he did just that. we called him for just about anything. If we did not say what we wanted in room,,,fresh fruit,,,small canapes,,,tiny sandwiches, etc. were brought each afternoon. We could order anything 24 - 7 off room service menu. It was fabulous. If we had a question about anything on board,,we just called Alwi. He was awesome,,as was Rosa our housekeeping girl.

I have not stayed in CC,,,but I could not see anything topping the Sky Suite!!!

Happy Sails;)

Hi there. We LOVED our Sky Suite. Lovely bathroom with marble counter top,,,small jacuzzi tub with shower,,clothes line to dry things,,,well stocked shampoo,,cream rinse,,nail file,,,sewing kit repair package, etc. Nice big mirror,,tons of towels and racks for them. Hair Dryer on wall.

There was a small couch that opened to a bed (we did not use it, but would be great for a child or two to sleep on) table and chair,,,tons of closet space and dresser drawers. Flat screen tv. King size bed (two singles put together), very tastefully decorated. Large balcony with table and two chairs,,,plus two loungers. Mini bar fridge,,,DVD player for movies. Binoculars,,,umbrellas for use while there. No one could really see us from our balcony except for anyone walking on the very top observation deck,,,and then they would have to stretch. Very Nice!!!

Butler: I asked him when we first arrived to always have sodas , ice and beer in our room,,,and he did just that. we called him for just about anything. If we did not say what we wanted in room,,,fresh fruit,,,small canapes,,,tiny sandwiches, etc. were brought each afternoon. We could order anything 24 - 7 off room service menu. It was fabulous. If we had a question about anything on board,,we just called Alwi. He was awesome,,as was Rosa our housekeeping girl.

Happy Sails;)

Did you tip your butler each time he brought you something, or just at the end?

AnDeNo's description of a dinner served course by course on veranda has me so excited about my upcoming cruise! But I just wanted to check and see if others had that same experience or if AnDeNo just got lucky and got a wonderful butler? This is our first time on Celebrity and we booked out sky suite based solely on the large Veranda but it seems like having a butler on Celebrity might actually be a perk. So - if you had a butler, what sort of things did your butler do for you? Serve you dinner? Course by course? Bring you tea treats and cappuccinos? I can't think of anything else I would want - but perhaps I am just not thinking hard enough. ;)

We had a butler suite on Regent's Paul Gauguin years ago that we nicknamed Dr. No, because regardless of the request - the answer was no. I just want to have an idea going in what the odds are of me getting a Dr. No. I love Regent and will cruise them again and again, but I'll do so from a normal balcony suite, not a butler suite.

Thanks so much! Sounds wonderful...sigh:) Can't wait.

If I may ask a few more questions. How was the decor in the cabin, bedding etc.? I understand Constellation has been in drydock fairly recently.

We enjoy breakfast in cabin so I am looking forward to larger cabin and balcony.

The cabin was beautiful, very spacious, and as mentioned the bathroom had marble, a tub and was kept spotless. The table is a perfect size for dining and can be moved to the balcony if you desire. We did not have dinner in this time, but have had it in the past served by our butler.

Did I forget the fresh flowers? and champagne on ice.

Did you tip your butler each time he brought you something, or just at the end?

We tipped at the end, the butler does so much I can't imagine tipping each time. He brought us coffee, laundry, refilled ice, served any meal, prepared a party before dinner for us, refreshed the ice for the champagne that we didn't drink for several days, was always around to great us and let us in the cabin. He asked about our day in the evening and told us what to expect the next day.

The cabin was beautiful, very spacious, and as mentioned the bathroom had marble, a tub and was kept spotless. The table is a perfect size for dining and can be moved to the balcony if you desire. We did not have dinner in this time, but have had it in the past served by our butler.

Did I forget the fresh flowers? and champagne on ice.

It just keeps getting better and better:D Thanks again

Happy Sails;)

You couldn't of described everything about the SS any better. ;)

"AnDeNo's description of a dinner served course by course on veranda has me so excited about my upcoming cruise! But I just wanted to check and see if others had that same experience or if AnDeNo just got lucky and got a wonderful butler?"

We had Alwi also. He remembered all of the issues I have with food allergies, all our likes and dislikes etc, he never needed to be reminded about anything. He is a very pleasant and approachable person. On our cruises, we have been lucky to of had two really great Butlers, one being Alwi, the other was Amelia, on NCL last year, both were equally as good as each other. :D

We are fairly new to cruising having only done two, the first being in a mini suite on NCL and the second because of a mix up due to our T/A she put us in a sky suite on Celebrity last year.

What a difference, our butler was wonderful, we were on the Galaxy and Carl was his name. He was very good with our 14 year old son. The little couch did pull out and was enough room for a teenager or 2 small children, but not all that comfortable. There was fresh fruit every day, the tea cart came around every day between 4pm and 4:30, if we weren't there he would leave us what we liked which he learned very quickly.

We did order room service a couple of times for supper and breakfast and it is so nice to have them set you up and present a lovely table. We did tip our butler every time we ordered room service. One night our butler asked us if it would be okay if he brought some chocolates for our son, well when we got back to the cabin there was this huge box of wonderful chocolates left on his bed for him, what a thoughtful think to do.

Our poor butler must of though we were so lazy, on our first day having only sailed with NCL and being used to all the announcement they make......well when we were sitting in our room before leaving port we heard the familiar ding ding and were waiting to hear the announcements when all of a sudden our butler entered the cabin and looked surprised to see us sitting there, well this happened a few times before we realized that the ding ding was not for any announcements but was the door bell.:eek: poor fellow must of thought we were the laziest passengers he had ever come across. After that when ever we heard the ding ding we ran to answer the door.:D

Hi there. We LOVED our Sky Suite.

Happy Sails;)

Thanks sounds wonderful.

Ok naive (maybe dumb) question, but am assuming all the sodas and beers you requested were not free ? :)

Thanks sounds wonderful.

Ok naive (maybe dumb) question, but am assuming all the sodas and beers you requested were not free ? :)

The prices for the sodas and beer are the same as they are anywhere else on the ship. We placed a large order for them and they showed up on our bill as room service.

We do not tip a butler any time during a cruise. They are already receiving $7 per day on Celebrity in the automatic tipping. We will give an additional tip at the end of the cruise if the service eas exceptional, but no more than $40 for a 7 day cruise, which nearly doubles the tip they normally receive.

Archived