New Carnival ship name?

cruisekimmy

Who knows which came first... it's not like Carnival just last week said "OH, let's name it the Freedom", takes a bit more than that... RCI may have ANNOUNCED it first, but considering Carnival had already started the ball rolling with Glory, Valor, Conquest, Liberty... I feel pretty certain that Freedom had been in the works for a very long time... :rolleyes:

Who knows which came first... it's not like Carnival just last week said "OH, let's name it the Freedom", takes a bit more than that... RCI may have ANNOUNCED it first, but considering Carnival had already started the ball rolling with Glory, Valor, Conquest, Liberty... I feel pretty certain that Freedom had been in the works for a very long time... :rolleyes:

I would have to say that i agree with you!

Well here is a lovely name for the new Carnival ship, even though it already has been named the Freedom...how about HRH Princess Diana, in honor of the Princess...after her horrible and most tragic death, like a memorial.:( :)

Princess Cruise Lines has the trademark for the name "Princess". Also, not a good name IMHO.

(my emphasis)

An excellent logical construct. Very good. :)

It'll be easy to distinguish between the too, however. One will be known as the FREEDOM and the other will be known as the FREEDOM that is so much FUN ! ! :D

RCI cruisers always identify this class of ships with acronyms anyway (Voyager of the Seas, VOS, Explorer of the Seas, EOS, etc.)

Carnival also has a Spirit-classed PRIDE and, I think, its NCL that has PRIDE OF ALOHA and PRIDE OF AMERICA either in the works or out now.

Personally, I think that Carnival ought to name their new ship the Festivale, preferably without the "Carnival" before it.

Calling the new ship Festivale is less likely to cause someone to mistake it for RCL's Freedom of the Seas. The old Festivale was one of the earliest hulls Carnival owned. Someone is bound to have some good memories of Carnival's Festivale.

I doubt that there's that much bad cess left with the old name. The previous Festivale has not only been struck from the rolls of the Carnival fleet, but has been broken up at Chittagong, too. When an older ship has not only been long separated from the company rolls but has since been scrapped or sunk in deep water, it's far less likely to cause further public relations embarassments.

Personally, I think that Carnival ought to name their new ship the Festivale, preferably without the "Carnival" before it.

Calling the new ship Festivale is less likely to cause someone to mistake it for RCL's Freedom of the Seas. The old Festivale was one of the earliest hulls Carnival owned. Someone is bound to have some good memories of Carnival's Festivale.

I doubt that there's that much bad cess left with the old name. The previous Festivale has not only been struck from the rolls of the Carnival fleet, but has been broken up at Chittagong, too. When an older ship has not only been long separated from the company rolls but has since been scrapped or sunk in deep water, it's far less likely to cause further public relations embarassments.

its bad luck to reuse names on ships.

Archived