Favorite SeaDream port

Jim Avery

Just a fun thought: What port of call on SD has been your favorite. This will help the March 6th bunch get in the mood (as if they need help). Mine is Jost van Dyke, followed by Portofino. Admittedly I have only been to a fraction of all the possibles but this is my choice. On the flip side, my least fave are Nevis and Saba.

Jim.

Just a fun thought: What port of call on SD has been your favorite. This will help the March 6th bunch get in the mood (as if they need help). Mine is Jost van Dyke, followed by Portofino. Admittedly I have only been to a fraction of all the possibles but this is my choice. On the flip side, my least fave are Nevis and Saba.

Jim.

Great idea for a thread Jim!

We have only sailed SD in the Caribbean ...

My favorite ports are Jost van Dyke, Virgin Gorda and St. John. Actually anywhere in the USVI and BVI works for me:D Oh yeah ... could be my first two choices have something to do with beaches, champagne, caviar and splashing!

Least favorite ports are St. Martin (either the French or Dutch side) and Nevis.

This time in 14 days we will sharing sundowners (okay probably martinis) at TOY Bar:p:D:p

Great idea for a thread Jim!

We have only sailed SD in the Caribbean ...

My favorite ports are Jost van Dyke, Virgin Gorda and St. John. Actually anywhere in the USVI and BVI works for me:D Oh yeah ... could be my first two choices have something to do with beaches, champagne, caviar and splashing!

Least favorite ports are St. Martin (either the French or Dutch side) and Nevis.

This time in 14 days we will sharing sundowners (okay probably martinis) at TOY Bar:p:D:p

Just to clarify, we haven't sailed SD in the Med. We have sailed the Caribbean many times on other cruise lines, had a number of land visits and even a few Yacht charters...

I'm wondering how these are your favorite ports, Dear, as you never get off the ship? Oh yeah...I usually come back with Jewelry there:(

I have to agree, they are my favorites also...

Just to clarify' date=' we haven't sailed SD in the Med. We have sailed the Caribbean many times on other cruise lines, had a number of land visits and even a few Yacht charters...

I'm wondering how these are your favorite ports, Dear, as you never get off the ship? Oh yeah...I usually come back with Jewelry there:(

I have to agree, they are my favorites also...[/quote']

I always get off the ship when we are at Jost and Virgin Gorda. Last I checked there are NO jewelry stores on those islands.

If your theory on jewelry held water then St. Martin would be up there in my fav list.

Just to keep us on topic ... I can't wait to see Anegada when we sail in two weeks. It is one of my all time favorite islands!! I hope Mother Ocean and Mother Nature will be good to us so we can call there!

Just to clarify' date=' we haven't sailed SD in the Med. We have sailed the Caribbean many times on other cruise lines, had a number of land visits and even a few Yacht charters...

The ship is MY favorite destination!! The ports will always be there!:D

I did forget to say...I hope we can get into Anegada as well, my dear dear DH would love to go bone fishing if that is offered! That would be a wonderful continuation of his big birthday! He deserves this!;) He LOVES to fish, salmon, trout, grouper...bone fish would be a plus for him!! I will watch from the TOY !:p

I have sailed on other lines in the Med, but not SD. I would have to agree that Jost Van Dyke and Virgin Gorda are at the top of the list for the Caribbean SD ports. You can go to St Martin/St Maarteen (both sides) and many other islands on other cruise ships (not yachts!) And I also agree it has something to do with the champagne, caviar, and the great food at the Splash! I don't think it can be beat!

I will say that I really think Saba is an extremely unique place. It isn't my favorite, but if you leave the USVI and BVI, it is probably next. I love St Barths too but it can be so over the top. I've been to Saba twice on SD and enjoyed it both times. I am so amazed why anyone ever went to live there, continued to live there, perservered the hardships of life there, and figured out ways to make the best of where they were! It really is a beautiful island. To me it is one of the most interesting Caribbean islands.

As for Nevis, I went once but I don't care about going again.

Any island on SD is great, because staying on board is also a great day!

We REALLY have a lot in common. My usual task is to carry the jewelry bags back to the ship. I get a tee shirt.

How right you are about the ship. Also, Saba, while quite interesting on the tour, is not easily doable by yourself. It is also one of the very few islands with no usable beaches in walking distance from the anchorage.

I agree with you 100 percent!

I have sailed on other lines in the Med, but not SD. I would have to agree that Jost Van Dyke and Virgin Gorda are at the top of the list for the Caribbean SD ports. You can go to St Martin/St Maarteen (both sides) and many other islands on other cruise ships (not yachts!) And I also agree it has something to do with the champagne, caviar, and the great food at the Splash! I don't think it can be beat!

I will say that I really think Saba is an extremely unique place. It isn't my favorite, but if you leave the USVI and BVI, it is probably next. I love St Barths too but it can be so over the top. I've been to Saba twice on SD and enjoyed it both times. I am so amazed why anyone ever went to live there, continued to live there, perservered the hardships of life there, and figured out ways to make the best of where they were! It really is a beautiful island. To me it is one of the most interesting Caribbean islands.

As for Nevis, I went once but I don't care about going again.

Any island on SD is great, because staying on board is also a great day!

Well said whatnot ... some of DJ's DH and my favorite times on SD are when everyone else is off the ship and we feel like it really is ours.

DJ's DH is NOT a sand person (but he loves the Caribbean ... go figure) so we usually head back earlier than most when we have the Champagne and Caviar Splash. We love hanging out in the pool or the hot tub and looking at the gorgeous scenery (islands, sky, ocean and of course each other (where is that tongue in cheek smilie???)).

Only been in Caribbean with SD, but St. Barths, St. John, and Virgin Gorda (since we like nice beaches).

Have to agree stebul that some of the best beaches in the world are in the Caribbean!

You're a good DH! :)

Yes ... he is the best.

Bonifacio on Corsica and Sardinia top the list here!

We really need to be a Med cruise on SD. I have read about these ports and would love to see them!

We had a fabulous time in St. Tropez (Chef Walk). Loved Portofino, too.

As for the Caribbean, I liked Petit Bateau & Terre de Haut.

Portofino is on my bucket list.

Question - Our short cruise includes a stop in Anguilla and while I have been there on vacation and thought the food and beaches to be delicious and pristine (in that order) I'm thinking now that there isn't much else going on there and it might be a good day to totally relax and hang on the ship. I'd imagine the water sports platform should be available. The other thought I had was to take a ferry over to St Martin and do some shopping (you know....like jewelry!) but my husband would rather have his arm sawed off than shop, so I think that is a remote, though tempting option. Any suggestions for that day? Thanks.

Question - Our short cruise includes a stop in Anguilla and while I have been there on vacation and thought the food and beaches to be delicious and pristine (in that order) I'm thinking now that there isn't much else going on there and it might be a good day to totally relax and hang on the ship. I'd imagine the water sports platform should be available. The other thought I had was to take a ferry over to St Martin and do some shopping (you know....like jewelry!) but my husband would rather have his arm sawed off than shop, so I think that is a remote, though tempting option. Any suggestions for that day? Thanks.

As far as I am concerned every day is a perfect day to hang out and relax on the ship.:D

I can't remember if the water sports platform was out the last time we were in Anguilla. Again, it depends on weather and sea conditions as well as local restrictions.

Nonetheless, there are many things to do on board ... a massage alfresco ... reflexology session overlooking the pool deck ... reading/relaxing on the Bali beds or pool side ... hitting the golf simulator for a few holes at some of the world's best golf courses.

One of the great things about SD and its size is that the tenders truly run continuously so you can always hop off the ship to stroll on the beach and then head back to enjoy the ship.

Archived