Do i need a notarized statement?

aqualojoy

I made reservations yesterday to take our 14 year old son on the Triumph. Favorite deck with a balcony

This time my husband (his father) will not be going. Do I need to have him provide a notarized statement from him stating that it is okay for our son to travel on the cruise and out of the county. (Cozumel--we won't be getting off the ship there, Grand Caymen, and Jamaica).

Thank you for your help.

If you have a passport you will be fine. If not, I would get one as to not hassel IF there were some questions. I just took our daughter in October on the Fantasy, just the two of us, and we have passports and there never was even a blink.

Hope this helps, have fun!!

I don't know what port you are leaving from, but, I needed the letter when returning to Miami with my DGD5. The customs agent read them over very carefully. There were two, one from my DD and one from the father. I've taken grandchildren out of Galveston with no problem, but we still get the letter.

Sewut

have your sons father write up a letter and have it noterized..cost about 3 bucks...unless you are divorced it should never come into question...i always have a medicall power of attorney and a letter stating it is OK to take my grandkids out of the country, put the dates of your trip

I made reservations yesterday to take our 14 year old son on the Triumph. Favorite deck with a balcony

This time my husband (his father) will not be going. Do I need to have him provide a notarized statement from him stating that it is okay for our son to travel on the cruise and out of the county. (Cozumel--we won't be getting off the ship there, Grand Caymen, and Jamaica).

Thank you for your help.

The law says that for a parent to take a child out of the country the other parent must give permission. Normally the cruise lines pay little attention to this because the cruises are closed loops and everyone comes back, they can however start enforcing the rule at any time. (BTW it doesn't matter whether you plan on getting off the ship at a particular port or not, since your documents are not checked at the ports anyway.)

In your case since dad and your husband are one and the same and there is no indication of any difficulties, write a letter authorizing you to take the child out of the country and allowing you full say in any medical decisions and get it notarized. Your bank should provide the notary service free of charge.

Have a great time.

We have traveled out of the Country before with our Grand Children and have always taken a notarized letter with us we have never been asked to see it. We just feel safer having it with us and we also put in it that we may get them Medical Attention if needed. I just type it up myself and take it to the Court House they have never charged me to notarize it.

countdown.pl?name=uncledougsdonna&date=4-9-2009&image=Beach-10&text=&ship=Carnival Ecstasy

Thank you for your help.

Why not get one. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. It is not like it cost anything.

I always needed one per trip but no one ever asked for it.Sometimes you can get one free from a city official or town clerc who has swearing in legal status .Call your city hall .Otherwise it may cost you 50$ or more

$50.00!!!! My golly where did you go for a notary? I have never paid a notary more that $10.00 in my life. In the small town where I live I can go to City Hall, Pharmacy, Real Estate Office, etc. I would also ask all of my friends many times someone knows one and they will do it for free.

I would take the letter, just to be safe.;)

CONSENT FOR MINOR CHILDREN TO TRAVEL

Date:_____________________

I (we):______________________________________________________________

authorize my/our minor child(ren):___________________________________________

to travel to:_________________________________ on:_________________________

aboard Airline/Flight Number:________________________________________

and/or Cruise Ship:_____________________________________________ with:

____________________________________________________________. Their expected

date of return is _______________________.

In addition, I (we) authorize:______________________________________ to consent

to any necessary routine or emergency medical treatment during the aforementioned trip.

Signed:_________________________________ (Parent)

Signed:_________________________________ (Parent)

Address:________________________________________

Telephone:______________________________________

Sworn to and signed before me, a Notary Public,

this _______ day of _______________, 20____

Notary Public Signature and Seal

Why not get one. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. It is not like it cost anything.

I agree with this. My friend took her daughter and the father wasn't there, so she had a notarized letter. No one ever asked, but it got rid of a lot of stress for her.

Archived