Stupid question about insurance quote

karensmom

After doing some research, we believe that Travelex will meet our needs for our upcoming cruise in June. But I'm confused about one thing. There are three of us traveling together. When I go to the Travelex website to get a quote, do I split the cost of the cruise equally between the three of us? (If the total is $3000, do I put down $1000 for each of us?) Does it matter how I split it, as long as the total is the cost of the entire cruise?

Sorry for my stupidity. :D

Their web site allows you to show the cost per person. If you are paying the precise cost per person then show it that way. If the cost differs (eg, you have a child with you and are paying a lower cost for them, etc.) then show the appropriate cost per person.

Keith

Yes, I agree with Keith. I once was told by Travel Guard that you really have to be exact on the amounts you are listing as far as getting coverage if needed. In other words... if two of you are paying full and one is paying a third person rate, list it that way on their forms. Even if you are dividing it some way else between yourselves, the other way is truly what you each paid as far as the insurance coverage is concerned.

If you pay $1000 for the first and second person and $500 for the third person the insurance would have to be set up to cover the "actual" loss. If a third person had to cancel then the loss is $500 (less what the cruise lines gives back). It does not matter that you split it $833 each.

If you pay $1000 for the first and second person and $500 for the third person the insurance would have to be set up to cover the "actual" loss. If a third person had to cancel then the loss is $500 (less what the cruise lines gives back). It does not matter that you split it $833 each.

I am not sure I follow all this.

All I can say is travelex asks specifically how much to insure for each person. So, it's very clear on their site. One can always insure less of the trip per person but they will only received the maximum of what they insured. With travelex though whether you insure 1% or 100% of the trip you are still covered for 100% of the medical portion of the insurance.

Keith

Archived