X-Mas/Holiday Decorations On Board

sotadragon

I have heard that Carnival decorates it's ships over the holidays, and I would like to know the following, please:

1. How early in the year have you seen decorations?

2. Which ship were you on?

3. What year was it?

Thanks a bunch! :)

Liner and volive:

That's actually good news to me! I was hoping Legend would be decorated when we go (not long now! :D) and it sounds like it will be! I guess I was really hoping because the other three cruises I've been on were during late spring/early summer and it would just be cool to see a ship decorated other than the usual stuff. Thanks for the replies!

Guest Gdaymate

Do they light a Menorah during Chanukah? We will be sailing during Chanukah this December and I am curious as to whether they will be doing this.

Thanks,

Rich

Do they light a Menorah during Chanukah? We will be sailing during Chanukah this December and I am curious as to whether they will be doing this.

Thanks,

Rich

We were on the Pride last year and Carnival did have Chanukah services including lighting of the Menorah.

We boarded the Elation the Sunday before Thanksgiving last year and the ship was already decorated for Christmas. The backdrops for the photo opts on both formal nights included several Christmas scenes. Some friends who went several weeks later, said that they had a Christmas show in the lounge which we did not have at Thanksgiving. Beautiful greenery with red balls and red ribbon decorated the staircase in the main atrium as well as each of the floors above it. A Christmas tree was next to the atrium bar. From the ceiling in the atrium, long sheer banners with a Christmas theme hung down and swayed in the breeze. It was beautifully and tastefully decorated.

We are thrilled to hear the Legend is decorated!!! Leave in 2 days!! Can't wait and this will be a chance to get those holiday pictures done of the family which almost never happens!

Elwhaite, when are you cruising? If you are sailing this weekend, we are having a CC meeting Sunday (1st sea day) at 2pm at the Atrium Bar. Any others that may also be cruising with us are welcome to join us. We do have a thread on the Roll Call board.

We are thrilled to hear the Legend is decorated!!! Leave in 2 days!! Can't wait and this will be a chance to get those holiday pictures done of the family which almost never happens!

Elwhaite, when are you cruising? If you are sailing this weekend, we are having a CC meeting Sunday (1st sea day) at 2pm at the Atrium Bar. Any others that may also be cruising with us are welcome to join us. We do have a thread on the Roll Call board.

Sounds like we'll be boarding the day you debark (Dec 5th)! Too, bad we won't be meeting, but maybe another cruise. We're going with the Valor Vampires at Halloween next year, are you doing that one? Looks like it's going to be a pretty large group so far. :)

The Legend was already decorated when we boarded on 11/19... she is looking GREAT!

Have a wonderful cruise... we were rained out in Barbados AND Martinique - I wish you better luck!

We had 23 CC'ers booked for a private snorkel trip in Barbados - which had to be cancelled.. Stephen - the fellow with Thriller Ocean Tours : http://www.caribzoneswatersports.com/thrilleradventuresbertram38.html was VERY quick to respond to e-mails, with plenty of details and directions... you may want to contact him...

Tom

Archived