What was your first meal after returning

RedSoxWon

I'm curious. What was your first meal after returning home from your cruise? After our first cruise ten years ago, we had "Steak-um" sandwiches. Last week, I defrosted some frozen Buffalo wings. Both were terribly depressing experiences after all the pampering and great food on the ship.

We have a tradition - it's meatloaf with mashed potatoes with gravy and veggies. :D We're always away from home for at least three weeks. That's a lot of restaurant eating. By that time I'm sick of big meals and in dire need of some comfort food.

Beth

Ohhhhh, Beth. There's no better comfort food than meatloaf and mashed potatoes, is there? YUM!!!

Let's see...on our first night back, I usually make pasta with a very basic sauce. It's easy and tasty, but it's not being on a cruise! WAAAHHHHH! :(

Elf

Meal? You mean people eat actual meals after getting off a cruise ship?

Normally our stomach growls because it thinks it's empty. We look at sandwich vendors and restaurants in the airport - nothing sounds good. If we're staying over at disembarkation city we walk the streets looking for something that sounds good --

Our normal answer is, had that, had that - want something different. So we share a sandwich between us or share a plate of appetizers in a restaurant and still feel stuffed when we go to bed --- and are still stuffed 3 days later. :eek:

Dianne

We just got home this morning from a long weekend cruise and had Publix subs for lunch...and we're in the process of preparing Chicken Breasts on the grill...steamed broccoli...caesar salad and tator tots. Nothing exciting, but pretty healthy after all the mass quantities of rich, yummy food!

I'm having major PCD!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many days until Feb. 6th??? Radiance...here we come!

Got in yesterday from the Mariner. We only live 2 hours from Port Canaveral and were home by 11:30am. We have a small business so we grabbed a Big Mac and fries up the street to munch on while we checked our business.

Tanker47

Our first meal off the ship on the 10/23 NOS sailing was with our son in Ft. Lauderdale and he took us to a local Mexican restaurant. However, our first meal after returning home was our favorite local pizza. We both had a craving for it after not getting a decent one onboard the ship.

Our biggest problem for the past three weeks since returning has been continually wanting the same good food we received on the ship and eating out way too often, but not getting the same amount of exercise we got while onboard and doing our shore excursions. Accordingly, we have gained more weight since returning than we did onboard.

Archived