Insuremytrip.com vs. Carnival Insurance Policy > Which one should I get?

ok4uni2cruz

InsureMyTrip.com simply offers you options; to compare, you must look at coverages and limitations of each individual policy. The only advantage to Carnival's policy over any other is that, if Berkely (insurance company covering "Carnival" policies) denies your cancellation claim due to pre-existing conditions, Carnival will refund the penalty. If you insure through any other company, your only cancellation recourse is through their claims process. Cancellation is the most commonly used coverage, but certainly not the most important. IMHO emergency medical care and emergency evacuation coverage is the most critical as not having it could potentially cost you everything (cancellation risks only your vacation investment).

Bought insurance through them on Monday. They just look to be a broker and all my info came directly from the insurance carrier. From what I can see they a legit and save me a ton of money (could not resist that), really saved about 60 bucks

I've always found the Carnival rates to be much higher than any of the companies I've selected from the insuremytrip website.

I've never had any difficultly using the site, and they make it easy to compare a large variety of insurers and options.

We have always used insuremytrip, specifically TravelSafe. And we did have to file a big-time claim when DH had heart attack aboard the Liberty. Between regular health insurance and travel insurance, all of our expenses (over $110,000) were fully covered and paid to us within about 2 weeks of filing the claim(s). That year, the travel insurance cost us $41 each, so it was a very good investment. I highly recommend travel insurance thru insuremytrip. They have always been very helpful with any questions or concerns via their on-line live chat feature, or just by calling. It's a great site to do comparisons, too.

We have always used insuremytrip, specifically TravelSafe. And we did have to file a big-time claim when DH had heart attack aboard the Liberty. Between regular health insurance and travel insurance, all of our expenses (over $110,000) were fully covered and paid to us within about 2 weeks of filing the claim(s). That year, the travel insurance cost us $41 each, so it was a very good investment. I highly recommend travel insurance thru insuremytrip. They have always been very helpful with any questions or concerns via their on-line live chat feature, or just by calling. It's a great site to do comparisons, too.

Wow, I am sorry to hear about your husband. I truly appreciate your reply and your experience with that company has my decision much easier. TravelSafe appears to be the way to go. You can't argue with positive results. Thanks again.

It sounds like insuremytrip.com is a great way to go. I appreciate everyones feedback. I have decided to purchase my insurance through their website. Thank you all. :D

Get the information from the Carnival-offered plan first, then go to that site. Be sure to compare coverage vs. cost, as many low-priced plans skimp on coverage.

I always use sites like the one mentioned rather than Carnival for my insurance needs.

I think the insurance depends on age as well as cost. For example, on our last cruise we purchased Royal Caribbean insurance when we made our final payment.

We could have booked on insure my trip, but the cost was more based on age. I had a small medical problem on board and although RCI insurance was secondary, as are most on insure my trip also, it paid in full.

I had to get info from my primary carrier that they would not pay for services out of the country and that I didn't have a prescription plan that covered the meds I needed. Once I got that, I had a check within a few days. That insurance was through Berkeley. (Sp)

Usually though, we use STA travel and their rates are quite low and give us the coverage we feel we need.

I think the insurance depends on age as well as cost. For example, on our last cruise we purchased Royal Caribbean insurance when we made our final payment.

We could have booked on insure my trip, but the cost was more based on age. I had a small medical problem on board and although RCI insurance was secondary, as are most on insure my trip also, it paid in full.

I had to get info from my primary carrier that they would not pay for services out of the country and that I didn't have a prescription plan that covered the meds I needed. Once I got that, I had a check within a few days. That insurance was through Berkeley. (Sp)

Usually though, we use STA travel and their rates are quite low and give us the coverage we feel we need.

That is correct. Most of the policies offered on Insuremytrip.com are based on age. I believe 0-49 is the lowest price level and then it increases from there.

When we did our 3 week trip last year we used insuremytrip. We did get great

coverage and had services all 3 weeks. The price was 1/2 the price as CCL plus

we had better coverage.

We flew out of Dallas but we live in TN, due to free airfare... They lost our bags

coming home to Dallas. The insurance help us track the bags down and made

sure we had them the next day. We only had to deal with the insurance and

not the airline bag dept.

When we did our 3 week trip last year we used insuremytrip. We did get great

coverage and had services all 3 weeks. The price was 1/2 the price as CCL plus

we had better coverage.

We flew out of Dallas but we live in TN, due to free airfare... They lost our bags

coming home to Dallas. The insurance help us track the bags down and made

sure we had them the next day. We only had to deal with the insurance and

not the airline bag dept.

Dallas is notorious for lost luggage:rolleyes: They never loose it they just always put it on the wrong flight:rolleyes:

• Administrators

It's funny this post should be on page one as I visit the boards -- I just got off the phone from booking my third-party insurance for my June trip, now that I have non-refundable deposits and details in place. One biggie I always want to be sure is included in my insurance is default by a travel provider (<wave at American Hawaii post-9/11 and the big hassle we had then>). The cruiseline-sponsored policies don't offer that coverage, for obvious reasons -- "hey, pay us more money on top of your fare if you want to be insured in case we go belly-up before your cruise" isn't a big marketing tool!

I also need coverage for pre-existing conditions (of the traveler and the traveler's family). It's very important to compare coverages and limits when considering insurance. Not all cruise insurance is even insurance at all -- sometimes it's actually a cruiseline's "refund policy" and not supported by any reputable insurance agency.

Archived