Caribbean Princess patters/port info - Feb 15-22

Ginnyfyr

I finally finished scanning & uploading all of the patters and port info sheets we received on the ship. I can't be bothered to go back and tag them all but they are in order of what we received from day one on: arrival patter/info, at sea day, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, Tortola, St. Thomas, disembarkation info, and the quick bar/dining guide. Enjoy :D

http://*****.com/c75fun

You're very welcome! This was our first cruise but we have 15 all inclusive vacations under our belts. I always appreciate any info I can find out about resorts before we visit so I'm happy to share what I can about our experiences in hopes that it makes someone else's vacation a little easier! :D

Ginny - I just read that you had an All-Aboard time of 4:30 in Tortola! I was under the impression that we were in port from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (either I misread the original info or they changed the time.) In any event, I previously made arrangements for a private catamaran trip from 9:00 - 4:00. I am now in the process of changing the times of our independent tour so we don't miss the boat;) so to speak. Thank you so much for sharing this information! I hope I can return the favor someday.

Ginny - I just read that you had an All-Aboard time of 4:30 in Tortola! I was under the impression that we were in port from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (either I misread the original info or they changed the time.) In any event, I previously made arrangements for a private catamaran trip from 9:00 - 4:00. I am now in the process of changing the times of our independent tour so we don't miss the boat;) so to speak. Thank you so much for sharing this information! I hope I can return the favor someday.
usually the ship will LEAVE at 6pm.......it works this way--most times....ship is scheduled to leave at 6pm all aboard time will be 5pm----the 1 hour wait is to give the slow ones a chance to get on board...you cant expect 2000-3000 people to get on the ship at the same time......last year we had 2 cpls get left at one of our ports-----wasn't a pretty site to see them running for a moving ship......so if you are TOLD to be on the ship at 5pm---1 hour BEFORE the schedule 6pm departure time---the ship will wait up to 30 min. more--6:30 pm before leaving you....unless you are on a ship sponsored tour----don't cut it close:) once left---the port pilot will get you to the next port---because you usually wont have money, clothing, passports etc with you...you will be BILLED HEAVY for this...it could turn what was a $2500 trip into a $5000 trip......i'm always in site of the ship 2 hours before the all aboard time....what if you are stuck in an auto accident someplace? and your tour op. doesn't have another van that can come get you in time---just something to think about---have a great time :)

blkspy - I was originally thinking the same thing - - that there would still be time before the ship left port (memories of watching people sprinting to catch the ship in PV as the dock lines were being pulled are ever-implanted in my mind)....but then I read the Captain's Log notes for Tortola and read that the ship left the berth around 4:55. DH has been a port pilot so we know all too well about that aspect. It will all work out; we'll just start earlier & return earlier. We'll need time to recover from the Soggy Dollar Bar & Foxy's anyway as that night is the 2nd formal night.:eek:

Curious as to your opinion on the CB motion in the ocean. We were on CB pre-drydock in December and had very lmited motion. Since the dry dock I have read quite a few reviews where the ships side to side motion is mentioned. This is not a usual case while in the Caribbean Sea. I ask because we are on the CB in May where we will be leaving the confines of the Caribbean Sea and heading to NYC via Bermuda. Out in the real ocean. What did you feel on your first cruise?

Curious as to your opinion on the CB motion in the ocean. We were on CB pre-drydock in December and had very lmited motion. Since the dry dock I have read quite a few reviews where the ships side to side motion is mentioned. This is not a usual case while in the Caribbean Sea. I ask because we are on the CB in May where we will be leaving the confines of the Caribbean Sea and heading to NYC via Bermuda. Out in the real ocean. What did you feel on your first cruise?

I was on the same cruise. What you have been reading about the ship rocking, as far as I am concerned is true. We were on the Aloha Deck and you could feel the ship rocking. My wife who never has gotten sea-sick felt a little sick one night. I am the one that usually gets sea-sick felt fine for during the entire cruise. Go figure. But yes, you can feel the ship rock. I know a few nights (night's only) we did hit a few storms that may be part of the cause. The red flag was also out on Virgin Gorda while we were docked in Tortola. Reason rough sea and heavy undertoe.

I could definitely feel some motion, but it was not as bad as I expected. I never felt ill or anything like that. It seemed that we all (our group) noticed the motion the most when we were at dinner (6:00 traditional seating) - maybe that was just because we had been on land all day and were readjusting to the motion of the water? There was one night, I think maybe when we were leaving Antigua & heading to Tortola, that it was noticeably rockier than the other nights, but again, it wasn't enough to make me or my husband feel unwell (perhaps we are just lucky though!)

I finally finished scanning & uploading all of the patters and port info sheets we received on the ship. I can't be bothered to go back and tag them all but they are in order of what we received from day one on: arrival patter/info, at sea day, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, Tortola, St. Thomas, disembarkation info, and the quick bar/dining guide. Enjoy :D

http://*****.com/c75fun

Hi Ginny...nice to meet another sailing Ginny out there. Thanks for posting the patters and port updates.

Must be the year for Ginny's and the CB...we sailed 2/1 to 2/8. Hope you booked on board to offset the post cruise bummers.....

Happy Sails

Curious as to your opinion on the CB motion in the ocean.

I was also on this cruise and felt the motion. I made sure I took my ginger capsules in the morning and evening and wore my "sea bands" - those helped a lot!

Archived