Washington Dulles info please....

Bibi

We are flying out of Toronto and connecting in Washington (Dulles) to carry on to San Juan on March 14.

My question is to those who know Dulles airport....

We can purchase "premier line" for $25.00 per person which is supposed to give priority check in and a priority line for security.

Has anyone used this? Does the priority line actually move faster than the regular line? Do many people use this service? :confused:

Would you pay $25.00 for it? Thanks for all your help.

This is through UA, right? It's $25 per person, which could add up fast. I get this free, but I don't think I'd pay for it if I didn't! I don't think it's worth it. The time you pay for it will be the time there's no line! You do get boarding in group one, but if one of you chooses a window seat, you both can board in group two anyway. You don't need to check in again in Dulles if your flight is on one ticket, so no advantage there.

I'd rather spend the $50 on something else.

It's going to serve you with little use at Dulles apart from boarding group 1. That might be useful since the SJU route is popular leisure travel route you'll have lots of carry-on luggage taking up overhead space and might be stuffed if you plan on using the overhead yourself.

I don't know how useful the priority security and check-in would be on UA from YYZ as I've not flown UA from there...

My perspective is that:

1) it is only $25.

2) Anything that makes flying easier, less stressful and helps avoids queues is well worth it. Like the previous poster I get the benefits for free myself but would happily pay for it if I couldn't...

Not useful at all, as it's not available at Toronto. OP could only use it at IAD. If you do online check-in, no advantage there. As stated, you can get boarding group 2 for everyone in your party if one of you chooses a window seat, and usually, there's still overhead bin storage space available for this boarding group.

I honestly see no advantage to paying $25 for each person for each way for this "advantage". Waste of money, IMO.

Money would be better spent buying up to E+.

Stop and read the details. You get three benefits by buying this from UA:

1) Priority check-in

2) Priority security screening

3) Priority boarding

These are also only available at certain USA airports. Not SJU or YYZ.

Since your flight is YYZ-IAD-SJU, let's think on this. You would do check-in and security at YYZ and SJU, not at IAD. So no benefit there for #1 and #2. Priority boarding may be only available at IAD (poorly writen website details), though I would think it might be on all segments. So, at best, you are paying to only get priority boarding at the gate, either for two segments or four.

Only you can determine if this one benefit is worth $25 in each direction. ($50 r/t)

Archived