Wow! Just booked a cruise over 11 months in advance...

JessLCH

and I can't believe I got the LAST AB suite. I know it is President's week and some people book early. But I never anticipated the entire category would sell out so quickly! I guess I am glad I did not wait any longer too book.

Hi Jess - we're very particular about our cabin location and book early also. With only 4 AD suites available, we book as soon as we see that the bookings have opened for the month/year we're interested in.

and I can't believe I got the LAST AB suite. I know it is President's week and some people book early. But I never anticipated the entire category would sell out so quickly! I guess I am glad I did not wait any longer too book.

I know what you mean. We are thinking about a European cruise next year and our first choice cabin is already gone. Oh well, that's the advantage people get when they book early (just hope they don't complain if the price drops ;)). If I could be sure of our plans this far out, I'd take the risk in a heartbeat. Congratulations on your next cruise!!! I'm jealous!

Hi Jess - we're very particular about our cabin location and book early also. With only 4 AD suites available, we book as soon as we see that the bookings have opened for the month/year we're interested in.

I guess a lot more people do this than I thought. I actually booked our 8/09 cruise LAST February, so I plan in advance too. I guess I somehow thought, 11.5 months out, I would still have plenty of suite choices. Now my family who thinks I am nuts planning vacations so far in advance will think I am less nuts. Or maybe they'll just realize there are lots more nuts out there besides just me.

We also booked way ahead to get the cabin choice, half price sale, and the $500.00 OBC. Bk'd Dec. 19th for Mar. 2010 South America cruise. 15 mos. ahead. The half price sale for 2nd passenger is still going on, but I don't see them offering the OBC. Just wondering if the booking will speed up now that NCL & RCCL are both pulling out of South America in Spring 2010.

We booked last August for this October. I wanted an aft balcony and those are limited so I booked early. The wait is the terrible part. I wish I could just book a month in advance so I don't have to suffer so long.:rolleyes:

Sandy

I booked the hubby and I on the Pearl 31 October 2008 for our cruise in December. We got a $600 OBC and an AE aft suite. I remember when I put the counter up it seems like a million miles away, but I only have 6 more months until we pay for it. We just made our airline and hotel reservations last weekend...were getting there!:D

This is the first time, my wife and I have booked a cruise so early. Yes I am nervous the price will go down. We paid 774.00pp for a BD (balcony guarantee) hopefully we will get a decent room. Plus I hope the price does plumnet the last minute. But what the hell its just money right!

This is the first time, my wife and I have booked a cruise so early. Yes I am nervous the price will go down. We paid 774.00pp for a BD (balcony guarantee) hopefully we will get a decent room. Plus I hope the price does plumnet the last minute. But what the hell its just money right!

If the price comes down you can add a few $ and get a minisuite or even another suite for a good price.

Booked the Sun Sep 2010 Panama Canal cruise two days after it was announced last month and got one of the two forward-facing BA's on Pool Deck. The other one and the two forward facing mini-suites are all already gone.

Check out my siggy. I am booked for Easter week 2011 on the Star. I would book for President's week 2011, but I am waiting on the Epic.;)

The 9 night is a great itinerary. We did it on the Pearl. That is why it is selling so well. Plus you can not beat the $199 3rd and 4th.

Yes, we booked this one for the itinerary. I always follow your signature. I love to see your plans. I plan far ahead but am not up to 2011 yet! We travel during all the school breaks too, but we don't always do cruises.

Just out of curiosity, I checked availability this morning on the ABs on my cruise and ONE more has opened up. I wonder if they hold cabins and then release slowly to make them seem more full???

I booked our cruise next month in February of 08. Last October, I booked our Hawaii trip (so I could get our first aft) for May 22 of 2010! Talk about a big countdown clock :eek: As info, started out close to $5000 but with a 2nd price drop yesterday, we're now under $3 in same cabin and still have OBC. I know when we're going back to Alaska in 2011 but nobody will let me book that one yet.

This is the first time, my wife and I have booked a cruise so early. Yes I am nervous the price will go down. We paid 774.00pp for a BD (balcony guarantee) hopefully we will get a decent room.

If the price does go down, and it's not past final payment date, NCL will give you the price adjustment. Just as long as it isn't a special sale for new bookings only.

Plus I hope the price does plumnet the last minute. But what the hell its just money right!

A bit of advice. Once final payment is past, what you paid is what you paid...no more price adjustments. You MIGHT be able to negotiate for an upgrade, but no money back. So, if you are happy with your cabin and want no upgrade, don't even look at pricing after you've made final payment. It's not uncommon for prices to drop drastically at last minute to fill the ship, so why upset yourself by looking at it? You obviously are happy with the price you got, and the cabin you booked or you wouldn't have booked in the first place.

So, watch those prices before final payment and jump on any price reductions but once it's too late for you to get any reductions, just don't look anymore....just anticipate your cruise and then go and have a wonderful time!

CG

I booked our cruise next month in February of 08. Last October, I booked our Hawaii trip (so I could get our first aft) for May 22 of 2010! Talk about a big countdown clock :eek: As info, started out close to $5000 but with a 2nd price drop yesterday, we're now under $3 in same cabin and still have OBC. I know when we're going back to Alaska in 2011 but nobody will let me book that one yet.

Do you have a BC aft or an AE aft?

Archived