Final Payment????

parmus

I can't believe I'm asking this question, when you made your final payment, did you call Carnival and put it on your credit card? I received a mailing from them to send in the final payment, but they have to do credit cards don't they? I just don't remember from my previous cruise what I did. Any help?

I can't wait......the final payment takes us to the next step......doing the doc dance!!!!!!

I believe the credit card would be the easiest way, but I see no reason why you couldn't write a check. I'm guessing the check should be sent so it 'clears' before the final due date. A check issued by a bank (promotional rate on your CC account should be as good as cash..)..

Gee, it looks like maybe I'm guessing, and I really don't know for sure.. :rolleyes: Anyone??

I ALWAYS do a credit card. Both for the deposit and the final payment. You then always have the option to dispute the charges.

We were booked on Commodore for spring cruise. Final payment was due like 1/6. TA called me on 12/26 to let me know that Commodore was declaring bankruptcy within the next week. Because of the credit card depost, I was able to dispute and get all my money back. Used it to book the same cruise out of NO on Carnival.

Pat

It all depends on what you want to do......... put it on the plastic or send in a check. its just routine that they send you the payment coupon.....its also attached to your fare statement. I always call my PVP and put it on my card. its just easier that way and yes, it lets you have recourse if something goes wrong.

Hmmm. I've never rec'd anything from Carnival reminding me that my final payment is due. When I know it's due, I call my PVP, and put it on my debit card. (I seem to recall a long thread on here that they don't send out reminders.):confused:

I have read they dont send out reminders-- you are lucky.

Some people take it for granted the finla payment iwll be automatically deducted from their credit card when it comes due--only to find their cruise was canceled.

Archived