Disappointed in Cunard's service

southender

Yes , but a very valid complaint dont you think, we all have to start on at some point.

This has happened to me, I am a platium VIP member of hilton hotels, we booked the waldorf (never again) NYC, after we were kept waiting an hour and got a good upgrade from them, we informed breakfast was not included, lucky for us I had my print out etc from the booking and of corse they had to honour the breakfasts.

if southender had breakfast agreed bu cunard then the hotel should have given it, or cunard refunded the price, I would contact them again, I think you need to write to Pete Moss at terminus house and point this out to him.

Cunard customer service is a little odd at the best of times, Pete Moss should be able to sort this out

rob

Who is Pete Moss and where do I get in touch with him?

Yes , but a very valid complaint dont you think, we all have to start on at some point.

This has happened to me, I am a platium VIP member of hilton hotels, we booked the waldorf (never again) NYC, after we were kept waiting an hour and got a good upgrade from them, we informed breakfast was not included, lucky for us I had my print out etc from the booking and of corse they had to honour the breakfasts.

if southender had breakfast agreed bu cunard then the hotel should have given it, or cunard refunded the price, I would contact them again, I think you need to write to Pete Moss at terminus house and point this out to him.

Cunard customer service is a little odd at the best of times, Pete Moss should be able to sort this out

rob

I noticed that you were also on the same crossing that I took, as I stated in my original message, the crossing was wonderful. As for many who have said that I should have made my own shore arrangements, I have sailed on other cruise lines, Carnival as an example, and the arrangements were flawless! couldn't have asked for better.

I noticed that you were also on the same crossing that I took, as I stated in my original message, the crossing was wonderful. As for many who have said that I should have made my own shore arrangements, I have sailed on other cruise lines, Carnival as an example, and the arrangements were flawless! couldn't have asked for better.

Yes your right, you should have been able to book and have 100% faith in that booking, that said, I always, (always) check and double check.

Pete Moss is at cunard southampton, you have to write to him, maybe In the usa you will ahve your very own pete moss.ask your TA whom to contact, better have your TA deal with it, dont let it drop

In the UK, the world cruise is shown as starting from the home port of Southampton.

Voyage Queen Victoria World Cruise 2009. Voyage Number V902

Departure date 2.1.2009. Nights 107

From Port-to-Port Southampton/Southampton

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://www.cunard.co.uk/CruiseCalendar.asp?LeftNav=Planner&plan_active=CruiseFinder

I am not trying to disrespect you Ray 66, but I can only tell you that since I live in the USA (Florida), I can only get my information from the brochures I have and the cruise I took.

I have 2 brochures (Voyages and World Cruise) both show the World Cruise as starting Jan 10th in New York and ending April 26 also in New York,

The cruise is listed as 902 ,. Ms Streetkt wrote the letter to me in Valencia California which is Cunards Head Office and she quoted my booking number (Which like my letter to CVunard also quotes the dates I boarded QV namely Jan 10 New York at Manhatton terminal)

The fact that Cunard prints the same cruise as having two different starting ports and dates for starting and ending, merely shows that they operate in an atmosphere of totally confusion. since it appears that their staff and their computors are in the USA but use UK information which they then quote to USA passengers!

Suppose they print a brochure for say Pakistan, would they then quote rates in rupees to USA or UK passsengers? I can understand quoting fares in UK pounds in the UK, but their USA office should operate on USA schedules.

None of this of course mitigates the fact that on one line she names Queen Victoria as the ship, then on the next line she says the ship is Queen Mary 2, or tht she forwarded the complaints to Queen Mary 2 Heads of Departments, who will not probably think that I am totally out of my mind. Leaving the Heads of Department on the Queen Victoria completely unaware of my complaints.

Surely no one can support Cunard in this tale of one error after another.?

The brochures/catalogues that we receive in the US are different than those in the UK. Ours are in dollars; theirs are in pounds sterling. And the difference in the dates for the start of the world cruise is based on the fact that most, if not all, of those in the US start the world cruise from NYC. Those in the UK start the world cruise on the trip from Southampton to NYC so their world cruise does start before ours. Does this make sense?

The brochures/catalogues that we receive in the US are different than those in the UK. Ours are in dollars; theirs are in pounds sterling. And the difference in the dates for the start of the world cruise is based on the fact that most, if not all, of those in the US start the world cruise from NYC. Those in the UK start the world cruise on the trip from Southampton to NYC so their world cruise does start before ours. Does this make sense?

Yes Purr-fect sense :D :eek:

(sorry that was terrible) :eek:

I have a round trip booked for later in the year. Today I received two letters from Cunard. Both had been addressed by hand and were to inform me of the ESTA requirement. So far so good. The first was for my outward trip departing according to the letter on Oct. 23rd 09. The second was for the return journey departing July 7th 09. So unless Cunard has employed a descendant of H.G. Wells or found a hole in the space/time continuum there is something awry , especially as I am not booked on either of those trips. Not that this error is that important as I would have obtained the ESTA anyway but it gives one cause to look upon the documentation with an eagle eye.

Gari

I have a round trip booked for later in the year. Today I received two letters from Cunard. Both had been addressed by hand and were to inform me of the ESTA requirement. So far so good. The first was for my outward trip departing according to the letter on Oct. 23rd 09. The second was for the return journey departing July 7th 09. So unless Cunard has employed a descendant of H.G. Wells or found a hole in the space/time continuum there is something awry , especially as I am not booked on either of those trips. Not that this error is that important as I would have obtained the ESTA anyway but it gives one cause to look upon the documentation with an eagle eye.

Gari

Hey Grizzly, we've missed you!! :)

Gari

This kind of nonsense - where staff obviously do not pay attention to their work, is exactly the kind of thing I have complained about recently , In just past 6 weeks I have received from Cunard :-

Incorrect Hotel cost on my invoice - showed one night but priced it for two nights , over charge over $250

Incorrect letter-wrong ship etc,

Incorrect information on pre cruise docs

Paid for Hotel package but Cunard did not inform Hotel I was to stay there.

How can anyone defend this kind of poor staff.

Archived