After Final Payment...What Happens Next?

Travel-Jen

Okay, so I've cruised before, but only with RCCL and never with Princess. We booked our cruise directly with Princess, and are due to make our final payment at the end of this month.

So what happens after I make final payment with Princess? Is it the same process as RCCL? They send you your cruise booklet and luggage tags soon after? If so, how soon?

Any details would be great, so we know what to expect...thanks!

Princess' final ticketing process is electronic so there is no "cruise booklet" any more with your tickets and such in it. Starting 75 days before your departure date, you can go into the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess web site and print out boarding passes for everyone on the booking. What you do get in the mail is what Princess used to consider their pre-cruise package: a large envelope containing the Cruise Answer Book, shore excursion book and order form, and your luggage tags (3 per passenger on the booking).

Once you make your final payment, go online and print your boarding passes. Be sure to bring those, your passports, and the credit card you plan to use for your on-board account (you probably registered your card online already) to the check-in counter on embarkation day and off you go! :)

Shortly after your final payment you should get a cruise answer book, luggage tags and (sometimes, depending on the cruise) a booklet listing shore excursions, a copy of the cruise contract, plus some other extraneous paperwork. You will need to go on-line to fill in the cruise personalizer with the required personal information and as soon as that is done you can print out your boarding passes.

You can also book tours on line. You aren't charged for them until you are on board, and you can change them if you wish.

Princess' final ticketing process is electronic so there is no "cruise booklet" any more with your tickets and such in it. Starting 75 days before your departure date, you can go into the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess web site and print out boarding passes for everyone on the booking. What you do get in the mail is what Princess used to consider their pre-cruise package: a large envelope containing the Cruise Answer Book, shore excursion book and order form, and your luggage tags (3 per passenger on the booking).

Once you make your final payment, go online and print your boarding passes. Be sure to bring those, your passports, and the credit card you plan to use for your on-board account (you probably registered your card online already) to the check-in counter on embarkation day and off you go! :)

Good info. I'd only add that Cruise Personalizer closes out @ five days prior to sailaway date. Be sure to print your boarding pass, update your on line info and reserve shorex prior to that date.

I always print my boarding pass immediately after final payment. :p

Fantastic information, this info. was exactly was I needed to know. Since everything seemed to be online with Princess, I wasn't sure if a cruise "booklet" was what we got too. I like online better, and can print everything out myself.

What if I don't have my passport yet? We are getting that done this weekend for our trip in June. Can I print out my boarding passes without a passport number in the info?

But yes, we've reserved our shore excursions, and spa appoints online already, so we are set for the week!

One other thing to note - don't even bother to watch pricing after final payment is made as almost all of the big price drops are flash sales that are limited to new bookings only. Many people have gotten excited to see a huge price drop only to get upset when they are told that it is for now bookings only. You just have to console yourself that you booked the cabin you wanted at what you felt was a fair price when you booked it.

Fantastic information, this info. was exactly was I needed to know. Since everything seemed to be online with Princess, I wasn't sure if a cruise "booklet" was what we got too. I like online better, and can print everything out myself.

What if I don't have my passport yet? We are getting that done this weekend for our trip in June. Can I print out my boarding passes without a passport number in the info?

But yes, we've reserved our shore excursions, and spa appoints online already, so we are set for the week!

You will need your passport information entered into the system before you can print your boarding pass. Same thing with your credit card info, though you can change which credit card you use when you check in if you want.

FYI, they do send you a package with your luggage tags and a "Cruise Answer" booklet/brochure. That package also includes some additional forms you need to complete, and printed excursion selections. I would, however, go by the online excursion items, as they update these based on availability and sometimes there have been pricing errors in the printed ones.

Have fun! :)

I personally find the entire package that I receive after final payment to be a waste. The only thing that I need out of there are the luggage tags. I throw everything else away. (actually I recycle it)

I wish there was a place on the cruise personalizer where you could tell them not to send me that stuff.

I understand that there are people that aren't online and don't reserve their shore excursions or print their boarding passes through the website or don't have access to all their cruise questions. Let them still get the package.

But I wish I could tell Princess, nope, don't send me anything. Maybe even have the ability to print luggage tags online or just send me those.

Anyway, I think I strayed off topic! :cool:

Alls I am able to print out is the Travel Summary, not the boarding pass.....I completed the personalizer and the passport info and such.....Am I still to early to print the boarding passes...:confused:

Thanks

John

Shortly after your final payment you should get a cruise answer book, luggage tags and (sometimes, depending on the cruise) a booklet listing shore excursions, a copy of the cruise contract, plus some other extraneous paperwork. You will need to go on-line to fill in the cruise personalizer with the required personal information and as soon as that is done you can print out your boarding passes.

You can also book tours on line. You aren't charged for them until you are on board, and you can change them if you wish.

Included in the extraneous paperwork is the booklet on the Princess Travel insurance, should you have purchased it. This, and the in-transit issues phone numbers from the Cruise Answer Book are valuable to have with you in case of problems.

The other thing to look for is any special restrictions and/or notices. For instance our Mediterranean cruise had a goldenrod page with passport and visa requirements for non-US/Canada resisdents.

Once you have your package of information continue to look online, as sometimes the only notification of a cabin upgrade is a change in your cabin number in the online booking summary.

Alls I am able to print out is the Travel Summary, not the boarding pass.....I completed the personalizer and the passport info and such.....Am I still to early to print the boarding passes...:confused:

Thanks

John

Boarding passes are available 75 days prior to sailing, after you make final payment. You're just a tad too early :)

Shortly after your final payment you should get a cruise answer book, luggage tags and (sometimes, depending on the cruise) a booklet listing shore excursions, a copy of the cruise contract, plus some other extraneous paperwork. You will need to go on-line to fill in the cruise personalizer with the required personal information and as soon as that is done you can print out your boarding passes...You can also book tours on line. You aren't charged for them until you are on board, and you can change them if you wish.

The Adventures Ashore booklet was not included with our pre-cruise packet for our last two cruises (Alaska 9/08 and Caribbean 1/09). Might Princess be discontinuing these for passengers who book tours online? In both instances, we booked shore excursions well in advance of final payment.

Just curious...

Chris

Man I hope you get your passport in time, it took about 6months to get mine a couple of years ago, hopefully they are getting them mailed out faster now.:eek:

If your responding to me....I got my passport 4 years ago:p;)...was just wondering about the boarding passes:D

The Adventures Ashore booklet was not included with our pre-cruise packet for our last two cruises (Alaska 9/08 and Caribbean 1/09). Might Princess be discontinuing these for passengers who book tours online? In both instances, we booked shore excursions well in advance of final payment.

For our two cruises last fall and for one this April we received the Adventures Ashore booklet in the mail.

Latest one had no color pictires except on the cover and inside cover. Also very few black and white pictures. Cost cutting I guess.

We are now 36 days from departure and paid our final balance weeks ago, but there is nowhere on My Princess to print out a boarding pass. I am ssuming this is different for UK passengers? I guess this means we have to queue up at the port?

One other thing to note - don't even bother to watch pricing after final payment is made as almost all of the big price drops are flash sales that are limited to new bookings only. Many people have gotten excited to see a huge price drop only to get upset when they are told that it is for now bookings only. You just have to console yourself that you booked the cabin you wanted at what you felt was a fair price when you booked it.

Two examples of why I continue to watch:

My previous cruise with Princess a cabin I'd lusted after opened up only a week before sailaway date. It was a higher category,

but the Princess rep transferred my booking without charging for the upsell.

A far better example:

This time with HAL: I booked a cat C OV cabin. A price drop for "new bookings only" appeared. I asked my TA to call.

The HAL rep denied the price drop, but made an offer I couldn't refuse. She offered OV guarantee if I'd surrender my cabin.

That was a no brainer: The price difference was darn near $1,000!

And now for the rest of the story - The cabin we were finally assigned was, you guessed it, a Cat C!!:p

Even if the "new bookings" price is not on offer for you, they might still play "Let's Make A Deal".

I continue to watch.

You will need your passport information entered into the system before you can print your boarding pass. Same thing with your credit card info, though you can change which credit card you use when you check in if you want.

FYI, they do send you a package with your luggage tags and a "Cruise Answer" booklet/brochure. That package also includes some additional forms you need to complete, and printed excursion selections. I would, however, go by the online excursion items, as they update these based on availability and sometimes there have been pricing errors in the printed ones.

Have fun! :)

Can you tell me if I booked airline through Princess will I get those in mail or does Princess send to me online?

thanks, Sandee

Can you tell me if I booked airline through Princess will I get those in mail or does Princess send to me online?

thanks, Sandee

Booking airline with Princess makes no difference. You should get the packet in the mail and you can (should) fill out the pre-cruise information in the online personalizer. Also best to book the Princess excursions you want online as a previous poster suggested.

Also should print out your boarding passes online via the online personalizer which you are within 75 days of sailing and final payment has been made.

We are now 36 days from departure and paid our final balance weeks ago, but there is nowhere on My Princess to print out a boarding pass. I am assuming this is different for UK passengers? I guess this means we have to queue up at the port?

Don't know if it is different for UK, but once you are in the personalizer for your cruise, on the right hand side should be a box which says "View My Travel Summary & Boarding Pass

Note: Boarding Pass only available within 75 days of sailing"

Once you view it, there is an option to print it.

Archived