Is decorating your door tacky?

geneology

I'm firmly in the decorating camp. We decorate our doors because the cruise is usually for a celebration of some sort. We were on the Star in January for my parents GOLDEN Anniversary...and the doors were decorated. We decided on penguins as our 'mascot' since they mate for life. There were 4 cabins, in the same hall but not all together....and the door decorations made it much easier for the littlest cruiser with us to be able to find his aunties cabin or his Pawpa's cabin.....

We also had several people tell us that they used our decorations for navigational beacons too.

I apologize in advance if my decorations upset you on my next cruise, and your welcome if they help you....but either way they will be there.

:rolleyes:

No, it has to be big and tacky for it to pass the eyeball roll test. The uglier the better.

What about a small magnet used as a visual guide but purchased from the dollar store or Target? Would that pass the eyeroll test? ;) (Plus, how would you know and why would it matter?)

Caro

I don't think decorating your door is tacky at all, and if some people think it is...who cares! You'll never see them again anyway. Decorate it any way you like! Have fun!!

I do think having door decorations makes it easier to find your door, if you don't always remember the number.

I always enjoy walking through the hallway and seeing how people have their doors decorated. Some are subtle, some go all out. Neither way is wrong.

I am a first time cruiser and after reading about people decorating their doors I thought it would be fun. I dont want to offend anyone.:( Just want to put up CC symbol, Palm tree, dry-erase board - Battery operated lights and lots of bling!! JK about the last two items!! :D

Yep, I think it's tacky, but why would anyone care what I think?

I just love decorated doors and, the truth is, I don't think they are tacky at all. Go for it! Depending on where you stateroom is located, it makes finding it much easier, too. We've seen such clever doors and always have good intentions of joining the fun.

Archived