$20 laundry bag ???

Hi! We are on a 12 night Explorer cruise and people have said that part of the way through the cruise you get a laundry bag that you can fill and then it is $20 for them to wash and fold the clothes.

I was also told there was a note limiting what items could be included in the bag.

Does anyone remember what items are and are/not allowed? Particularly, I would really like to get some of our sandy shorts and t-shirts washed.

Thanks.

You will get more in the bag if you roll as many items as possible.

Rick and Deirdra

So do you count as you are rolling and putting things in, or do you load once, bring it out to count and then load again?

Michele ...thanks for the info we are going B2B on IOS March 29th. We only live about 20 mins from Ft Laudedale and we are trying to decide if it's worth it to come home for a few hours and do laundry. For that price it's not. Do you have the dry cleaning prices? By the way great review, we are signed up for the ATV tour you recommended.

Michele ...thanks for the info we are going B2B on IOS March 29th. We only live about 20 mins from Ft Laudedale and we are trying to decide if it's worth it to come home for a few hours and do laundry. For that price it's not. Do you have the dry cleaning prices? By the way great review, we are signed up for the ATV tour you recommended.

I don't think I do. But I did bring home every single paper they placed in our cabin. ;) So if I find it in my pile, I'll post it here.

Is there a certain length cruise (or longer) that this applies to? While I probably wouldn't need it on a 7 day cruise...it would be nice on 2x 7 day b2b.

I got the above paper on Indy - 6 day cruise. ;)

We also received one on a 7 day Freedom cruise.

We erroneously took advantage of the $20 bag, we had filled our bag and left it before the cabin steward brought in the $20 bag. It's fine for things like underwear, socks, basic T shirts you don't mind folded and pajamas, but don't put any nice clothing in there. The wash is wash and fold, my husband likes his nice polo style and cotton short sleeved shirts ironed and on hangars. Some of the stuff we had to send back for pressing.

We counted and we saved about $1.50 off the cost of what the bag of laundry would have cost full price. Sending a few articles back and having them re-pressed ended up costing us more in the long run.

The bags they give you are paper bags so they aren't as flexible as a plastic bag would be. However, we have used it on at least 2 cruises and it is really great. You only want to put things in the bag that you only need folded.

I usually separate everything out on the bed and count by type of clothing, then I put it in the bag.

Thanks, pumbaamd, for the tip of rolling. I have always been able to get everything I wanted but I will try this next time.

The bags they give you are paper bags so they aren't as flexible as a plastic bag would be. However, we have used it on at least 2 cruises and it is really great. You only want to put things in the bag that you only need folded.

I usually separate everything out on the bed and count by type of clothing, then I put it in the bag.

Thanks, pumbaamd, for the tip of rolling. I have always been able to get everything I wanted but I will try this next time.

Oh, didn't realize they were paper. Yes, you definitely can't "stuff" paper. Just so I can have an idea of size, if we put only normal medium size adult T-shirts in the bag, about how many could we fit in?

Meg - you are right - vacation - easy way - definitely.

Thanks again everyone - you guys are great.

There is a coupon in the Diamond book for $5 off $25 and you can use it for anything so for $20 net you could do dry cleaning, laundry whatever. That seems like a better value.

If you are diamond, which we are not.

Does anyone know what laundry (not dry cleaning) costs for a t-shirt or a pair of shorts? I know you can get pressing only, but I don't wear my t-shirts pressed. Can you get just wash and fold without the bag?

If you are diamond, which we are not.

Does anyone know what laundry (not dry cleaning) costs for a t-shirt or a pair of shorts? I know you can get pressing only, but I don't wear my t-shirts pressed. Can you get just wash and fold without the bag?

The price list:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000wLZQo_RokwnDVLZOW6Yftwt:12hdhua36;jsessionid=0000uXurNBLHHJjRT8RxCDBCsXb:12hdhuaq2?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Extras&faqId=287&faqSubjectId=337&faqType=faq

On a 7 night cruise, we barely spend $20 and don't need a whole bag of laundry done. Usually just one or two shirts or tops, a couple pair of underwear and socks, maybe one pair of pants dry cleaned.

On our Radiance cruise this past Christmas - they gave us plastic bags...and let me tell you my husband was DETERMINED to get our money's worth and stuffed that bag so full we joked that it looked bigger than our suitcases...

Interesting to hear that some get paper bags...I wonder if it's another cost cutting measure so you can't overstuff...

There is a coupon in the Diamond book for $5 off $25 and you can use it for anything so for $20 net you could do dry cleaning, laundry whatever. That seems like a better value.
I know I didn't have a coupon for $5 off last cruise. This must be a new one that they added to the diamond books when they changed the coupons. I haven't seen the new books yet.

Does anyone do small laundry in the cabin sink or shower and hang to dry? Are there laundry facilties at St Maarten or Puerto Rico?
I usually wash a few items in the sink that I don't want to send out - panties, bras, swimwear, and hang them in the shower to dry. If I'm out on the balcony for a while, I'll drape some things there (secured) to dry faster.

On our Radiance cruise this past Christmas - they gave us plastic bags...and let me tell you my husband was DETERMINED to get our money's worth and stuffed that bag so full we joked that it looked bigger than our suitcases...

Interesting to hear that some get paper bags...I wonder if it's another cost cutting measure so you can't overstuff...

I know we had a paper bag in May. Maybe the plastic ones are being phased in? I'd rather have plastic - more stretch!

Archived