$20 laundry bag ???

The price list:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000wLZQo_RokwnDVLZOW6Yftwt:12hdhua36;jsessionid=0000uXurNBLHHJjRT8RxCDBCsXb:12hdhuaq2?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Extras&faqId=287&faqSubjectId=337&faqType=faq

On a 7 night cruise, we barely spend $20 and don't need a whole bag of laundry done. Usually just one or two shirts or tops, a couple pair of underwear and socks, maybe one pair of pants dry cleaned.

Thanks for the list. I don't want to pack for 12 days (plus we have 2 days in NYC post cruise) so we will definitely fill the bag. I don't think I would do any laundry on a 7 day cruise. I think it is funny that women don't have T-shirts, shorts, or sweatshirts listed. I wear mostly t-shirts and shorts on my cruise. :D In Alaska I wore my sweatshirt quite a bit.

If you are diamond, which we are not.

Does anyone know what laundry (not dry cleaning) costs for a t-shirt or a pair of shorts? I know you can get pressing only, but I don't wear my t-shirts pressed. Can you get just wash and fold without the bag?

I actually wrote a letter (while onboard) to whoever, but I received no reply. Actually, I think it was because I knew I was staying on for a B2B but the person receiving the letter didn't.

Anyway, I suggested they might want to reconsider the laundry sheet. They have a price for clean and press, wash and press, or press only. I suggested that I might not want my dirty underwear or socks pressed--just washed.:) There was no column for that.

Thanks for the list. I don't want to pack for 12 days (plus we have 2 days in NYC post cruise) so we will definitely fill the bag. I don't think I would do any laundry on a 7 day cruise. I think it is funny that women don't have T-shirts, shorts, or sweatshirts listed. I wear mostly t-shirts and shorts on my cruise. :D In Alaska I wore my sweatshirt quite a bit.

I sent a pair of my shorts in the $20 bag (didn't want mud to "set" after a hike). I listed my husband's undershorts as underwear and my one pair of shorts as shorts. No problem. Usually I list his undershorts as shorts.

.....of what happened to us.

We just got off the Voyager and for the first time we used the $20 laundry bag special. Our T-Shirts came out looking like they were pressed, even though they were not. Our poor blue jean shorts :confused: - they have so many wrinkles in them that I think they are goners. I have not tried to wash them again to see if the wrinkles will come out. I will find out this weekend.

Oh, didn't realize they were paper. Yes, you definitely can't "stuff" paper. Just so I can have an idea of size, if we put only normal medium size adult T-shirts in the bag, about how many could we fit in?

Meg - you are right - vacation - easy way - definitely.

Thanks again everyone - you guys are great.

I'm not really sure how many you can get in the paper bag, but I believe quite a few. The bag is about the size of a grocery bag, maybe a little smaller. We were able to stuff alot of items in the bag. I had underwear, t-shirts, socks, sweats and even some bras.

The bag shows up about mid-way during the cruise. On some cruises we got our things back in one day. I think they are usually returned the second day. So, if you give them things on Wed. they will be returned on Fri. Actually, it may be that on 7 day cruises you get them back in 1 day and on longer cruises 2 days. Someone else might know that for sure.

The service to me is well worth $20.

.....of what happened to us.

We just got off the Voyager and for the first time we used the $20 laundry bag special. Our T-Shirts came out looking like they were pressed, even though they were not. Our poor blue jean shorts :confused: - they have so many wrinkles in them that I think they are goners. I have not tried to wash them again to see if the wrinkles will come out. I will find out this weekend.

I only plan on sending items that I am not overly attached to just in case. ;)

This is probably a really stupid question :o but do they do a separate wash for each bag which someone sends? I would have thought they had HUGE washing machines and it wouldn't be economical running a wash for every laundry bag. However, they can't mix it with someone else's wash as how would they know what belonged where? Perhaps they separate them into those net washing bags thus keeping each persons load separately. But then could you run the risk of putting your whites in with someone's stray red pants and ending up with pinks ;):D

I did say it was probably a stupid question ;)

This is probably a really stupid question :o but do they do a separate wash for each bag which someone sends? I would have thought they had HUGE washing machines and it wouldn't be economical running a wash for every laundry bag. However, they can't mix it with someone else's wash as how would they know what belonged where? Perhaps they separate them into those net washing bags thus keeping each persons load separately. But then could you run the risk of putting your whites in with someone's stray red pants and ending up with pinks ;):D

Might be a stupid question, but it's one I'd like to hear the answer to, as well:)

When they get your clothes at the laundry, they staple a tag to the inside with your cabin number on it. If your clothes have the manufacturer's neck or waist tag still there, they staple it to that. If not, they staple it to the collar or belt loop. Hopefully that prevents mixups but I don't know what they do if your tag comes off.

Can you have 2 bags? My DS shorts are so bulky that I probably will only fit one in the bag. And too bad on the list there is no capri pants, I don't wear shorts in Europe. Oh well, at least the T-shirts will get washed.

Honestly here, am I the ONLY ONE that thinks it is odd that underwear is listed but no bras and panties for women? Only men get undergarments in the itemized list?

Not that it is an issue. I usually was some out in the sink. But just ODD! :rolleyes:

Just asked DH if he remembered from last year's cruise, and he said he didn't recall any tags in the neckline. Just our cabin number on the bag. I do remember on our first RCCL cruise that they "glued" your cabin number in the neckline, and we loved wearing those clothes again after the cruise, as it was a great memento!

I wouldn't put anything in there you don't want to shrink. I put in a couple of my polo shirts and they were definitely smaller (and I don't think that was cruise food, either!:D).

Honestly here, am I the ONLY ONE that thinks it is odd that underwear is listed but no bras and panties for women? Only men get undergarments in the itemized list?

Not that it is an issue. I usually was some out in the sink. But just ODD! :rolleyes:

Yes, I am with you. But I put the items I wanted washed in the bag and they took care of them. I think I added bras to the list just so it was itemized. I felt like it was worth a try and it worked out.

Just a word of warning, don't COUNT on this always being offered.

I was hoping for it since I had read all about it, but on our 7 Day Liberty of the Seas in December none of our seven different cabins received an offer for the $20 laundry bag. =(

I guess I didn't notice that because to me, sending out my underwear for someone else to wash and fold just isn't something I would do.

I did notice though that women don't have t-shirts or shorts listed, or as someone else said, capris.

I don't think it's a stupid question at all - I just don't have an answer. I just know I have always been very pleased with the $20 laundry bag. They do put a lable inside the T-shirts (don't remember about DH's shorts), but, of course, they don't label every sock.

On the recent Mariner Of the Seas round the Horn (Cape Canaveral-Rio leg) cruise, the bag was paper and it was explicit that you couldn't put jeans etc in. I did put my lightweight capris and there wasn't a problem. Each item had a tiny tag with the cabin # stuck to it. I also washed regularly in the sink and rinsed in the shower. I hung items on the line in the shower & also had a twisted pair elastic line. I couldn't find regular pegs at walmart but bought a bag of white clips that can be used to convert plastic coat hangers to pant hangers as well as pegs. They have a serrated grip which was great to clip clothes onto the balcony seats while I was in the cabin. They were really handy for clipping many things together.

We got ours midway through our 8 day cruise last year. Our bag was like a plastic trash bag. I was having so much fun stuffing it that we actually ran out of stuff to put in it.

I also ended up with a freebie. I have a buttondown Quicksilver shirt that I tossed in there with everything else. It is a surfer style shirt that is supposed to be wrinkled. I just tossed it in there when I ran out of other stuff because I thought they would just fold it and return it instead of pressing it. When our laundry was returned the shirt wasn't with the rest so I called and complained. They sent it to me several hours later cleaned and pressed and didn't charge me for it. I don't think I would count on not being charged, though.

I've only read till here, so forgive me if this has been answered. There is no way I would send out my bras and panties to the laundry service. Mid-week I'll wash a few pair of undies and bras in the sink. Allow them to soak while you shower, press the water out and hang on the laundry line in the shower and they are all dry by evening.

I don't put my underwear/bras in the dryer at home, ever, the heat destroys the elastic.

Archived