Celebrity Cruise (Nightmare)

MIKES3

I just don't see the humor in parading into the dining room in bathrobes. Every cruise we've been on it seems that one table seems to think that this will be hilarious...not all of these have had luggage issues.

If you don't have proper attire, eat in your cabin or at the alternative site at the buffet. Since your view is that it was the original poster's fault that they did not have proper clothing due to the lost luggage thing, then why should anyone in their situation be allowed to eat in the dining room? If it wasn't Celebrity's fault, then why should Celebrity allow the robe parade?

Regards

Sorry but I respectfully disagree. If I dropped my luggage at the pier it may or may not be Celebrity's fault but the people who handled it are Celebrity's agents. Although they may not be legally responsible that has nothing to do with me enjoying my cruise. I would attend dinners in the dining room, this would not stop me from enjoying my cruise...I am usually an advocate of the dress codes but this would not be my fault, that is not the case for those who don't bring the proper clothes...

I must be getting flexible in my old age. I honestly do not see this as a horrible experience.

Losing a loved one on a cruise is a horrible experience.

Yourself, dying on a cruise, is a horrible experience.

Getting norovirus on the first day of your cruise and having to be quarantined for the rest of the cruise is horrible.

Being robed at gunpoint and losing all of your money and your passport is somewhat horrible.

Losing your luggage for a cruise, irritating.

What a thread!

So happy to read that at least someone does see things in the right perspective.

Good luck and remember, most people who bash you regarding your complaint on here, are usually working for the cruise line and monitor the sites and bash anyone that doesn't conform to only writing about the giddiness about their upcoming cruise. :)

Who knew Celebrity had so many employees? (And so many employees with a bit of time on their hands!) :D

Lisa

Still waiting to hear form the OP.

**Update**

I got a call from my girlfriend. Royal Carribean is offering us $150 cash to each of us. (Not credit) and $450 each towards another cruise. We're looking to a cruise for October/ Novemberish

I think that is extremely nice of them.

Even if double. $400.00 for toiletries and makeup is a LOT of money for a 5 day cruise. :eek:

Not when your my mom or girlfriend. It isnt a lot. She got the basic essentuals. It racked up. I saw everything she bough. None of it was nonsense.

Not when your my mom or girlfriend. It isnt a lot. She got the basic essentuals. It racked up. I saw everything she bough. None of it was nonsense.

Hey, I am the first to admit, I am high maintenance. I don't use over the counter cosmetics or hair products, but considering your circumstance, I would only get what I needed to get me through the next 5 days. There is NO way it would cost $400.00 UNLESS I was taking total advantage of the situation. :eek: I had to purchase eye shadow and leave in conditioner in Key West while on a cruise. I have seen the prices and what there is to offer. :rolleyes:

Mike, THANK YOU for responding. The poor OP's get trampled on and the "helpful information" always turns into a ridiculous debate. Everyone has to get their two cents in, regardless of the subject matter...its actually funny, except for that fact the board does little good to those actually trying to get solid information without all the "noise"

Their settlement seems fair, glad it all worked out for you. Better luck on the next cruise!:)

Glad they came thru with an offer that you could live with.:D

PS...Considering your girlfriend was in Key West and not out of the country where things are over priced, trying to repurchase "basic neccesities" for 5 days... yes, I think all of of us ladies would agree that the amount she spent was TOTALLY over the top. It was her choice to spend, certainly was not out of necessity. hint.... Make sure before you get engaged, like you mentioned earlier, that you know what each thinks are true "neccessities". ;) In this day, it's even more imperative to talk finances ahead of time. Sorry...couldn't stifle the "mom" in me. :eek: I apologize.

Have fun planning your next cruise and remember to CROSS PACK and have her carry all her "neccesities" with her. :)

Great post by Duchess43. The cruise lines should do a better job of policing THEIR passengers luggage even when it is handled by port staffers. It's a simple matter of customer service and ensuring that THEIR customers are taken care of. Hiding behind the "port personnel" excuse after the fact is unacceptable. How much would it cost to have a couple of ship staffers police the luggage area at the port prior to shoving off to be certain that no Celebrity tagged bags were left behind? I don't think that is unreasonable.

When someone posts the legalease luggage disclaimer in response to the OP's complaint............I'm going to be a gentleman so I'll refrain from suggesting an appropriate place to stow the luggage disclaimer language.

My 12 year old son had his iPod lifted from his bag after we checked them for boarding on another crusie line out of New York last year. The design of his bag makes it obvious that it belongs to a kid. What kind of slug would steal from a kid? In any event, the cruise line was notified. The iPod was gone. We were provided with a copy of the luggage disclaimer, blah, blah, blah. I'm pretty sure that it was taken by a port staffer and not a cruise line employee but the same mindset should apply. The cruise line should do a little extra to take care of THEIR customer. We don't book cruises for thousands of dollars with the port management, we book with the cruise line's.

Hey, I am the first to admit, I am high maintenance. I don't use over the counter cosmetics or hair products, but considering your circumstance, I would only get what I needed to get me through the next 5 days. There is NO way it would cost $400.00 UNLESS I was taking total advantage of the situation. :eek: I had to purchase eye shadow and leave in conditioner in Key West while on a cruise. I have seen the prices and what there is to offer. :rolleyes:

You're right I exagerated. I had to double check myself. The total was for $277 and change.

She wound up shortening the letter before she sent it to the Royal Carribean. I'm sure that helped.

**Update**

I got a call from my girlfriend. Royal Carribean is offering us $150 cash to each of us. (Not credit) and $450 each towards another cruise. We're looking to a cruise for October/ Novemberish

I think that is extremely nice of them.

Good for RCL for coming through for you. That is a generous offer. Are you still planning to pop the question on the next cruise? If you can wait until December the $450 pp would just about cover your cost on Century.

Just remember to carry on essentials and cross pack! Good luck!

Good for RCL for coming through for you. That is a generous offer. Are you still planning to pop the question on the next cruise? If you can wait until December the $450 pp would just about cover your cost on Century.

Just remember to carry on essentials and cross pack! Good luck!

Nah, I'll try Century had to many senior citizens. Not enough partiers

Great post by Duchess43. The cruise lines should do a better job of policing THEIR passengers luggage even when it is handled by port staffers. It's a simple matter of customer service and ensuring that THEIR customers are taken care of. Hiding behind the "port personnel" excuse after the fact is unacceptable. How much would it cost to have a couple of ship staffers police the luggage area at the port prior to shoving off to be certain that no Celebrity tagged bags were left behind? I don't think that is unreasonable.

When someone posts the legalease luggage disclaimer in response to the OP's complaint............I'm going to be a gentleman so I'll refrain from suggesting an appropriate place to stow the luggage disclaimer language.

My 12 year old son had his iPod lifted from his bag after we checked them for boarding on another crusie line out of New York last year. The design of his bag makes it obvious that it belongs to a kid. What kind of slug would steal from a kid? In any event, the cruise line was notified. The iPod was gone. We were provided with a copy of the luggage disclaimer, blah, blah, blah. I'm pretty sure that it was taken by a port staffer and not a cruise line employee but the same mindset should apply. The cruise line should do a little extra to take care of THEIR customer. We don't book cruises for thousands of dollars with the port management, we book with the cruise line's.[/quote]

All personal items of value should be kept in a carry on which doesn't leave your side. There's "slugs" as you call them, all over. Not just on Cruiselines. Have you ever seen what some baggage handlers do with luggage at airports?! Just be diligent and take personal responsibility of valuable items.

if you cry, whine and bad-mouth the employees enough (who are probably doing as best they can) you get some free-bees.

I'm sorry she lost her luggage but wow - talk about taking advantage of the situation. I've had a similar incident - I studied in France for 6 months. Got all new wardrobe for Christmas before I left and the airlines lost all of my luggage. Never found. It was frustrating - but I learned to travel light that winter. Learned how generous some people could be. Those lessons weren't learned by whining and complaining. It sounds like others who had their luggage lost managed to adapt to the situation without spoiling their vacation. I hope the OP has learned some packing lessons and will try to enjoy her 'discount' cruise.

:(

eandj-

I think you may have missed the point of my post. I'm not asking the cruiseline to babysit me. What I am asking for is just a little bit (teeny tiny) of additional care. When a passenger turns over their bags at the port (as we all are required to do), it is not unreasonable to expect that the bags will make their way to the appropriate stateroom. "Leaving" (woopsie) the bags in port when the ship sails away is inexcusable and that was the scenario reported by the original poster. Celebrity should get slammed for doing something so boneheaded as should any other cruise line.

As for the situation with my son, the kid is 12 and he is naive. Had I known that he left the iPod in his bag I would have made him remove it and put it in his pocket. He didn't tell me about it until it was too late. I noted that the slug was most likely a port staffer and not from the cruise line. Why so defensive? Trust me, Celebrity will be just fine with or without your assistance.

CVS Pharmacy was $228.07.

I could easily spend that much on "emergency essentials". Those things do add up - and fast! Glad you were compensated for your troubles. Hope your next cruise is much better and that she says "yes!" :D

Nah, I'll try Century had to many senior citizens. Not enough partiers

Don't understand your post. Celebrity is not a "partier" line. RCCL isn't that much either. nYou'll have to use your credit on one or the other. Don't know what restrictions are on it.

eandj-

I think you may have missed the point of my post. I'm not asking the cruiseline to babysit me. What I am asking for is just a little bit (teeny tiny) of additional care. When a passenger turns over their bags at the port (as we all are required to do), it is not unreasonable to expect that the bags will make their way to the appropriate stateroom. "Leaving" (woopsie) the bags in port when the ship sails away is inexcusable and that was the scenario reported by the original poster. Celebrity should get slammed for doing something so boneheaded as should any other cruise line.

As for the situation with my son, the kid is 12 and he is naive. Had I known that he left the iPod in his bag I would have made him remove it and put it in his pocket. He didn't tell me about it until it was too late. I noted that the slug was most likely a port staffer and not from the cruise line. Why so defensive? Trust me, Celebrity will be just fine with or without your assistance.

FYI - You are NOT REQUIRED TO GIVE THEM YOUR LUGGAGE. As I've posted before, having had too many 6pm arrivals, I now carry my own on and unpack and change while everyone is praying theirs isn't lost and arrives sometime before midnight. It's no big deal to wheel a couple bags up the ramp, to the elevator and to your cabin. Beats the heck out of no bags or late bags!!

Don't understand your post. Celebrity is not a "partier" line. RCCL isn't that much either. nYou'll have to use your credit on one or the other. Don't know what restrictions are on it.

Guess it depends on what you call a party!! I've partied hard on Celebrity and had lots of company. Of course, that's ADULT sophisticated partying, not college frat boy parties.

You can always find a party in a ship, just got to find people with the same mindset. The ones who think it's more fun to enjoy the public rooms, than scurry like a hamster, with a loaded tray to your tiny cabin and eat. Sorry, but that's the mental image that comes to mind:p

FYI - You are NOT REQUIRED TO GIVE THEM YOUR LUGGAGE. As I've posted before, having had too many 6pm arrivals, I now carry my own on and unpack and change while everyone is praying theirs isn't lost and arrives sometime before midnight. It's no big deal to wheel a couple bags up the ramp, to the elevator and to your cabin. Beats the heck out of no bags or late bags!!

Dont think my 29 inch suite case would fit through that X-ray machine that I have to put my carry on through.:eek:

Archived