Hump cabin 7092 on the Brilliance

I just changed my E1 cabin to this one. By the looks of the cabin on the RCI website ship's deck layout, (phew...:p) it seems to have a large looking balcony. Can anyone who has stayed in this cabin give me some feedback or opinions?

Much obliged in advance:D

We had that cabin on our 2006 Panama Canal cruise. Great cabin!

Our favorite cabins on the ship are the deck 9 aft cabins (have had both 9256 and 9258) on previous cruises on this ship also but for convenience and balcony size you really can't beat it. When I first booked that cabin I had a concern about possible noise from the centrum and elevators but that was not an issue. I think you'll enjoy it and it is one of the best Cat. E1 cabins you can get.

Aubie

I just stayed in 9092 on Serenade (sister ship). The balcony was large enough for two loungers and two chairs, plus a small table. This was a D1, but your balcony should be similar, maybe a bit smaller. Also, note that you're right above the canopy above the life boats so you won't be able to look directly down into the water.

i had that room for my honeymoon back in sept 2006. i have pics of the room i can psot later on if you want. the balcony is bigger on one side as it is next to a room with a bigger baclony (7094) and the one on the other side is a standard balcony....

p.s. - any money found under the bed is mine!!!

NJTOM

I just stayed in 9092 on Serenade (sister ship). The balcony was large enough for two loungers and two chairs, plus a small table. This was a D1, but your balcony should be similar, maybe a bit smaller. Also, note that you're right above the canopy above the life boats so you won't be able to look directly down into the water.

I want to add that even though there is the canopy over the lifeboats, it really didn't obscure the view. You'll have the whole ocean out there to look at and the balcony size outweighs any slight inconvenience. (Just wanted to clear that up from the previous post)

Aubie

Edited by Aubiecruiser

I want to add that even though there is the canopy over the lifeboats, it really didn't obscure the view. You'll have the whole ocean out there to look at and the balcony size outweighs any slight inconvenience. (Just wanted to clear that up from the previous post)

Aubie

Then I goofed on this one. The previous cabin was not hump but also over the canopy. I thought this was a regular hump:(. I'll guess I'll have to change again.:mad:

Edited by HMSDingy

I just checked the RCI website and cabin 9508 is available. Its forward, same price and not a hump but at least it's not overlooking the canopy.

Edited by HMSDingy

The canopy is not that big of a deal. Sorry, I probably should have clarified a bit. You still have a great view and a bigger balcony. I'm not sure I'd switch again. But only you can decide what's more important.

I just checked the RCI website and cabin 9508 is available. Its forward, same price and not a hump but at least it's not overlooking the canopy.

I would not switch from your hump cabin. Besides, all balconies on the sides of the ship are above the canopy. The canopy does not magically disappear when you look down from deck 8, 9 or 10. :D

Aubie

I would stick with 7092. The balcony is bigger and the lifeboats really aren't that big of a deal. You will be centrally located so everything is easy to get to.

I was on Radiance the sister ship in 7592 across the hall. Here is a picture of the balcony. It isn't huge, but it is much bigger than a regular balcony.

CIMG2422.jpg

and here is a picture of the room looking out to the balcony

CIMG2425.jpg

You've all been very helpful and convinced me to stick with 7092. My TA is srtarting to hate me:mad: what with all my requests.:o. But on the Jewel I found that the forward cabins do not overlook the canopy. Am I wrong?

• 4 years later...

I have booked 7092 for my spring transatlantic from NOLA to Barcelona 4/26-5/12. I am a bit concerned that this cabin may be very windy and/or get rather wet in rain showers therefore rendering it un useable. The lifeboat cover below is a non issue btw. Does anyone have any feedback for me? I like the idea of the slightly larger balcony, but if it's not really useable I still have time to choose an alternate.