~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

Don't despair! I am right there with you. I weighed in today and according to their scale, I was the SAME! But at home, I weigh myself in the morning and I am down about 3/4 a pound!!! ARGH. I was not happy, but I believe my scale more then theirs since I weigh in before I eat anything or put on any clothes...

I am only eating about 1/2 of my weekly points, by the way. When I eat all of my WPs, I actually gain weight or stay the same. :eek:

Hang in there and stick with the plan. Try eating a little less of your WPs (and don't eat any of your activity points either). You'll be able to lose a bit faster that way. Some of us with really slow metabolisms have to be super strict with the amount of points we eat.

Katherine

I lost 2.2 this week and now I'm back to where I was at the beginning of December! So much for losing 10 before our B2B.

One of my friends and I just signed up for the Biggest Loser Cruise experience on Eclipse in November.We both have about 20 lbs to lose so we thought this could be kind of fun. there will be workouts, seminars, cooking classes. Maybe it will be a cruise where I don't gain weight!

However, we are going Concierge class.... that means predinner hors d'ouevres every night... I guess we'll have to cancel those!

I have been a bit stalled in my weight loss and exercising lately, but decided to try on a couple of things that were waaay too tight before I started, and THEY FIT!!!!

One dress I bought a couple months ago online and couldn't even get it zipped. today it zipped just fine, and although it's still a bit snug, I could wear it without feeling self conscious. It's a size 12, I was a 16 when I started. Nothing like this to keep a person motivated :D

Hmmm, that's a tough one. I would just buy fresh fruit/veggies on shore. I do carry granola bars with me at all times anyway so maybe you can find a low PP Balance bar that is high in protein? I know most granola type bars are actually quite high in points and sugar so I would recommend going to Trader Joe's or one of those places and looking for the lowest carb, highest protein one to carry with you.

Kath

Finally got a chance to post. Have been doing well on the program. Lost more weight. Down a total of 31 lbs!

Start Date: 7/27/10

Cruise Date: 3/13/10

SW: 283

CW: 252

CGW: 233

Wow it has been a while since I posted. Weighed in this morning and am down 45 lbs! Only 40 more days til we cruise! And five lbs to cruise goal weight! I did find a really beautiful dress for my daughters wedding. In a size I haven't seen in over a decade!

CW: 238

CGW:233

Wow it has been a while since I posted. Weighed in this morning and am down 45 lbs! Only 40 more days til we cruise! And five lbs to cruise goal weight! I did find a really beautiful dress for my daughters wedding. In a size I haven't seen in over a decade!

CW: 238

CGW:233

WOW!!! Congratulations! That's a fantastic accomplishment. Do you feel great?? Tell us what has worked for you so we can be motivated by you too! :)

Katherine

(up a pound thanks to TOM)

So last night I rush home so I can see the segment on Dr. Oz about the best time to exercise etc. How disappointing.... I already do everything he says! Best time to exercise - morning, best time to weigh in - morning, best time to boost your metabolism - morning! I already do all that! Crap. I was really hoping for some ground breaking new theories that could help me.

I am focused this week and am hoping for a good number. I am supposed to weigh in tomorrow but with this huge storm coming I guess I'll wait until Thursday.

WOW!!! Congratulations! That's a fantastic accomplishment. Do you feel great?? Tell us what has worked for you so we can be motivated by you too! :)

Katherine

(up a pound thanks to TOM)

I am feeling so much better. The weight loss has been wonderful for my diabetes. Much less insulin...down from three shots a day to one and only 1/2 the dosage of what I had been taking for that shot.

I eat a light breakfast. Usually Oatmeal and milk or a english muffin and creamcheese with milk. Then I do a weight watchers meal at lunch or a sandwich on sandwich thins. Rarely do I eat cheese. What I prepare for the family is what I eat at Supper. Try to do my points tracking online. Exercise at least 3 times a week. Fresh Fruit inbetween meals and with meals. Sometimes I will steam off some vegetables for a snack. Drink my water each day. last month I plateaued....didn't lose anything for four weeks. Just had to keep with the program...I really feel like my body rested for a while.

Back from a hiatus -- got back from my trip to Italy 2.5 weeks ago. After 10 days in Italy, I was up 2.4 lbs... I ate & drank whatever the heck I wanted, walked a lot; overall, I'm happy with the 2.4 lbs!

Hello all! I have been on and off weight watchers for a couple of years and have always been successful. I just started back with the new Points plus program a couple of weeks ago. This new program is harder than it used to be- I only get two more points a day and it seems that everything I used to eat has doubled in points:eek: I seem to be having a hard time with it and my body doesn't want to drop the weight this time. I would love new recipes that are low in points if anyone has any favorites.

Don't despair -- try to boost your fruit & veg intake. Since those are mostly 0 points, you can eat more and they really fill you up! Also, one of the keys for me is to keep drinking that darned water, even when I don't feel like it. I stay fuller and eat less. Also, yup, a lot of those foods have higher points values, but you also earn a TON more points with activity. A couple of times this past week, I tracked my activity cleaning house... an hour, even at low intensity was 3 points. 1.5 hours = 5 points!! Just for doing something that needed to be done anyway!

Also, make sure you're getting enough protein. With the PointsPlus, I've boosted fruit and protein intake, and I'm even going over my daily/weekly points, and I'm losing. I'm down 6.2 lbs in the 10 weeks since it debuted -- not a lot, but those 10 weeks include Christmas, New Years and my 10-day Italy trip (during all of which I was definitely NOT on plan). If I take those weeks away, I'm down 9.4; not bad for not staying within points!

Hi Friends,

Well I weighed in yesterday and was down .2lbs....Geez, i did everything I was supposed to this week and thats my loss :(

Hopefully something was off, maybe water retention or some other thing. Anyway I hope I lose more next week.

Water can really be a big factor. Keep drinking! Also, remember the mantra: "Be more stubborn than your scale. Keep doing the right things and it will go down!" Has helped me a few times!!

I have been a bit stalled in my weight loss and exercising lately, but decided to try on a couple of things that were waaay too tight before I started, and THEY FIT!!!!

One dress I bought a couple months ago online and couldn't even get it zipped. today it zipped just fine, and although it's still a bit snug, I could wear it without feeling self conscious. It's a size 12, I was a 16 when I started. Nothing like this to keep a person motivated :D

Yay, you! Gotta love those NSVs (non-scale victories)!!! I've been doing yoga off and on, and last year, during a 6-month period where I only lost about 2 pounds, I went down a whole jeans size. Crazy.

--------

As I said before, I was up 2.4 after my trip. My next weigh-in (last week), I was down just 0.8 (still wasn't truly back on plan, and was bloated... hormone-style). This week, (mostly) back on plan, and I was down 3.8 lbs. Woohoo! The boosting protein and fruit on the PointsPlus is really the big thing, I think. Plus, I did a lot of house cleaning last week, and I think the extra activity helped. Usually, I'm Mrs. Couch Potato, so that little difference really scored some big results.

Thin thoughts to you all!!

SW: 246.2

CW: 193.4 (down 52.8 since 1/22/09)

GW: 154

Back from a hiatus -- got back from my trip to Italy 2.5 weeks ago. After 10 days in Italy, I was up 2.4 lbs... I ate & drank whatever the heck I wanted, walked a lot; overall, I'm happy with the 2.4 lbs!quote]

That is really good, Lani. I'd be happy with that too. All the walking must have helped.

I'm below my goal but wouldn't mind losing a little more. I feel so much better now. We have a big cruise coming up in May - 27 days. That will be a challenge. The first part is a Transatlantic with lots of sea days but then it will be very port intensive with a lot of walking so I'm hoping that will help. It would be nice to lose some more before then so that I'll have a little leeway.

Frances

SW: 184 (April 2010)

GW: 155

CW: 149.2

Have you been to WW on line? On the boards there are alot of people saying the same thing. Some are going back to the old plan and some are lowering their DP allowance trying to get the plan to work for them.I eat alot of protein, fruits and veggiesand low carbs. I haven't done great on the new plan but I am loosing some. Some weeks better than others.

Have you been to WW on line? On the boards there are alot of people saying the same thing. Some are going back to the old plan and some are lowering their DP allowance trying to get the plan to work for them.I eat alot of protein, fruits and veggiesand low carbs. I haven't done great on the new plan but I am loosing some. Some weeks better than others.

No I haven't been on the boards in a while although I do use their online tracker and I like it a lot. I have cut back my WPs to 1/2 (about 29 instead of 49) and don't eat my APs but I do eat all my daily points. Sigh...

Katherine

Try not to stress, (easier said then done) it's normal to hit a place where your weight loss stalls. Your body "takes a break" to adjust to the changes. Hang in there and you will start losing again soon.

I've seen some tips for getting through the difficult times at WW online. Check out some of those.

Archived