~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

Hello all. My name is Kristin. I'm new to the boards but not new to WW. I joined Sept 09. So close to lifetime. I'm cruising on the carnival legend on 6/26. I have 3 lbs to goal but would like to lose 5 so I can enjoy my trip. I look forward to using this board as motivation. My weigh in is on Sunday's but....

SW- 144.5

CW- 125

GW- 122

(and just for fun- my ideal Cruise Weight 120)

ETA: my biggest downfall in why it has taken me so long to get to goal is my lack of desire to exercise. I could use some tips on how I can motivate myself instead of using all the excuses in the book lol

Hello all. My name is Kristin. I'm new to the boards but not new to WW. I joined Sept 09. So close to lifetime. I'm cruising on the carnival legend on 6/26. I have 3 lbs to goal but would like to lose 5 so I can enjoy my trip. I look forward to using this board as motivation. My weigh in is on Sunday's but....

SW- 144.5

CW- 125

GW- 122

(and just for fun- my ideal Cruise Weight 120)

ETA: my biggest downfall in why it has taken me so long to get to goal is my lack of desire to exercise. I could use some tips on how I can motivate myself instead of using all the excuses in the book lol

Very nice Kristin! Those are great numbers! I have previously not liked WW, but this time with the new Points Plus i am doing better. I hate exercise and am very lazy!! But somehow going to the gym with a GF made it a little easier. One day while we were working out, I swear I must have finally got those great endorphons going and I actually felt like working out more! Who could have thought it?? lol So the last few weeks I've been getting my butt out of bed and hitting the gym everyday!!,,, I find that I'm a little unhappy if I don't get there although doing it is still hard! Well good luck and I hope you have a great weigh in tomorrow. My weigh in is Monday.

Jessica

SW - 155.5

CW-146.5

GW - ?? just fitting into my clothes for my next cruise (4/16) and then hopefully 120?

cruising to paradise-

I was having the same issue with PP and i started counting my fruit servings as 1 point and it really seemed to help. maybe you could try that. i noticed that i was overeating fruit because it was "free" counting each serving as a point really helps

Hello everyone. Finally checking some of the boards besides roll call. Before our first cruise last November my doc said he wanted me to lose 15 pounds over the next six weeks. Of course there was Thanksgiving and a cruise so I was happy to have come home at the same weight I went with but we did decide to go back on WW right after Christmas. Next cruise isn't until Nov 11, 2011 so I have time to get to goal and then start the maintenance process. My losses have slowed down though and I think it's because I'm eating more fruit (bad since I'm a diabetic also) and not doing any exercise but walking my dog which is more like a slow shuffle since he has to sniff everything.) Got to at least get back on the treadmill.

Joyce

SW 229

CW 203

GW 179 (Wedding day weight and top of my maintenance range)

:D Awesome!! A WW pre cruise support board!! Horray! :D I am so happy to of found this board!

I guess thats what I get when I browse around :)

Anyways I began WW once we booked this cruise we are going on next month and I knew just knew I HAD to lose weight. I felt terrible, looked terrible, was always grouchy and ate alot!

My background- I just turned 34 years old I have 2 kids, a 9 year old girl and 3.5 year old son who both will be going on this cruise with us as well. How exciting!!! As well as my husband, my mom, her friend and another couple as well. Big group!

Anyhow I have never in my life been as huge as I was when I began WW.

My stats:

SW: 251

CW: 215

No "real" goal weight ;)

I beagn WW the 2nd week of January 2011. So far I have lost about 36 pounds and wow do i feel so much BETTER!!!

I workout 5 days a week for a little over an hour and now that our cruise date is coming up next month, I see myself pushing even harder than I usually do during my workout sessions, its down to the nitty gritty girls!! And I would like to be down a total of 45 pounds by the time we leave on May 22nd, can I do it? Im sot sure but I am trying!!

So glad to have found this board. I just started WW last week, tonight is weigh in so here's hoping for a few shedded pounds. I am doing my first river cruise in September and want to be able to come home at the same weight I left at, seeing most of the cruise is through Germany where the food tends to be heavy and plentiful. Will post stats later. Nice chatting with everyone. Great work to all of you who are committed to this program.

Have put on 34lbs since we got married and was disgusted with myself.

Joined the gym over a year ago and kept it up whilst we were on a 10 nights in the Southern Carribbean [didn't put any weight on from he holiday] but joined WW with my wife after Christmas as i felt the gym wasn't enough.

Anyways, had weigh in tonight and had 2.5lbs off. Having lost 17lbs on the programme so far, I have reached a 5% weight loss!Hope to have a total of 28lbs off for a family wedding at the beginning of July and aim to be back down to my wedding weight well in advance of our Septemer trip on Navigator of the Seas.

keep it up guys, nothing tastes as good as slim feels :cool:

Rejoined....

After being off the program for the last couple of months, I rejoined today and am tracking everything again. I have not had great luck with the new PP program (no loss and no gain, just flat) so I am going to try to cut back my WP for some weight loss. I am on my final 15 pounds before my target so that may have something to do with it too! Anyway, here are my new stats. Here's hoping for a good week! We have Alaska B2B coming up in 3 weeks so I would like to lose about 5-6 pounds before we get on board just to avoid the GAIN while eating ship food for 14 days :eek:.

SW: 168

CW: 168

GW: 150

Katherine

Rejoined....

After being off the program for the last couple of months, I rejoined today and am tracking everything again. I have not had great luck with the new PP program (no loss and no gain, just flat) so I am going to try to cut back my WP for some weight loss. I am on my final 15 pounds before my target so that may have something to do with it too! Anyway, here are my new stats. Here's hoping for a good week! We have Alaska B2B coming up in 3 weeks so I would like to lose about 5-6 pounds before we get on board just to avoid the GAIN while eating ship food for 14 days :eek:.

Katherine

I came off three week cruise with only a 4-5lb gain and it came off pretty quickly.

One thing you have watch out for is that some things just don't have the right point value. It's pretty easy when you're eating whole foods that you've prepared yourself but much harder for processed foods and meals from restaurants. In CA, they must give you the calorie count and other facts but that won't help if the portions are too large.

Good point! I am trying very hard not to go out at all. I think most restaurants also don't give a true point value. For example, we had Panda Express last night (take out Chinese) and I ordered the chicken with string beans and the chicken with mushrooms. It tells me that each dish is 5 points (so I had a 10 point meal as I had no sides).

I can tell you that the Lean Cuisines I eat at work for lunch have 7 point values and had about 1/5 the chicken in them that my Panda meal had. There is no way that what I ate yesterday was only 10 points! BUT, I ate it and it was delicious. I just don't trust the nutrition info on many takeout places. They make it look healthier than it really is, IMHO. It's a bit of a marketing thing. I bet when the FDA starts auditing the reported info, the restaurants will find themselves revising their generous values to reality.

Katherine

I've not checked in on the thread for months. It's encouraging to read about everybody's successes :)

Last Friday at my WI I reached a big goal. I've lost over 30% of my body weight....70 lbs. total. I joined WW in February '09. So while it's not coming off as fast as I'd like, it's coming off :) I have 11 to go to be at the top of the healthy weight range. I've never been a healthy weight my entire adult life (I'm 42). I have about 16ish pounds to go to be at my personal goal.

We cruise in November. I'm hoping to be to my personal goal by Aug. so I can shop for clothes while they are on clearance.

SW 236

CW 166

GW 150 or there abouts

attachment.php?attachmentid=27942&d=1300404123

attachment.php?attachmentid=27939&d=1302916834

I've not checked in on the thread for months. It's encouraging to read about everybody's successes :)

Last Friday at my WI I reached a big goal. I've lost over 30% of my body weight....70 lbs. total. I joined WW in February '09. So while it's not coming off as fast as I'd like, it's coming off :) I have 11 to go to be at the top of the healthy weight range. I've never been a healthy weight my entire adult life (I'm 42). I have about 16ish pounds to go to be at my personal goal.

We cruise in November. I'm hoping to be to my personal goal by Aug. so I can shop for clothes while they are on clearance.

SW 236

CW 166

GW 150 or there abouts

I love to hear this! I've been both an underweight adult and an overweight one; WW is the first time that I've started eating healthy and it shows.

I have so much more energy and I feel years younger.

SW 236

CW 166

GW 150 or there abouts

Congratulations on your weight loss! That's fantastic. It's funny because I am the opposite of you in some ways. I was always on the thin side till I had kids. Then I gained a bunch of weight with both my pregnancies and even though I eat healthy and exercise, I can't shed it. I have been circling the last 15-20 pounds of weight loss for almost 5 years now! It's just so hard for me. I guess I don't fluctuate one way or the other (too thin or too heavy). I just CANNOT for the life of me shed the remaining weight to put me at "just right". Sigh...

Anyway, congrats to you for going at it slow and steady! I wish I could say the same for me...

Katherine

Hi all, I too am a WW member have been on plan since early Feb down 15.8lbs with 10 or so to go. UGGG its hard but I know it works I have done it before! I have a cruise coming up in June so we will see. I wish I could bring my WW serving spoons with me! My WI day is Thurs so to be continued........

question to those who work out? i have 3 lbs left to lifetime and finally have realized i cant get these pounds off without exercise. so my question to you guys is...how many days do you work out a week, and for how long each day. I have been trying for 4-5 days about 25-40 minutes each day. is this good/enough?

Hi everyone! I started WW about 3 weeks ago. A few of the girls at work were talking about how we would all like to lose weight and we decided to do a 30 day challenge to see who could lose the most. We all put in $20 and the biggest loser gets the $$. I didn't want to tell anyone how much I actually weigh because I am about 50 lbs more than everyone else! I decided that it is time to take care of myself. So I went online at work that night and signed up!

I have always been overweight, ever since I was about 7 or 8. I have always been aware of it, but didn't really care. I ate what I wanted and was happy doing it. BUT since I have been with my husband I have but on A LOT of weight. To the point where I am unhappy, but haven't done anything about it.

I blame it on being busy. I am in college full-time, work part-time, have kids and a husband. I eat out a lot because I am "too busy" to cook, blah blah blah. Then I got to thinking, I won't let my kids eat junk, so why should I? So here I am. I am not making drastic changes because I know I won't stick with it. Instead I am modifying my bad habits and making them fit WW for now. That mostly means watching portion sizes for me. I will slowly change this as I go so that hopefully these changes will stick!

Ok, enough rambling! Here are my current stats:

SW 253 :eek:

CW 249.2

GW 150? (not really sure yet...)

Hi everyone! I started WW about 3 weeks ago. A few of the girls at work were talking about how we would all like to lose weight and we decided to do a 30 day challenge to see who could lose the most. We all put in $20 and the biggest loser gets the $$. I didn't want to tell anyone how much I actually weigh because I am about 50 lbs more than everyone else! I decided that it is time to take care of myself. So I went online at work that night and signed up!

I have always been overweight, ever since I was about 7 or 8. I have always been aware of it, but didn't really care. I ate what I wanted and was happy doing it. BUT since I have been with my husband I have but on A LOT of weight. To the point where I am unhappy, but haven't done anything about it.

I blame it on being busy. I am in college full-time, work part-time, have kids and a husband. I eat out a lot because I am "too busy" to cook, blah blah blah. Then I got to thinking, I won't let my kids eat junk, so why should I? So here I am. I am not making drastic changes because I know I won't stick with it. Instead I am modifying my bad habits and making them fit WW for now. That mostly means watching portion sizes for me. I will slowly change this as I go so that hopefully these changes will stick!

Ok, enough rambling! Here are my current stats:

SW 253 :eek:

CW 249.2

GW 150? (not really sure yet...)

We have that going on at work too. I don't want to participate because I lose inches faster than I do weight. The scale comes down very SLOWLY for me.

i lost .4 this week. a little disappointing considering i worked out 5 days this week. i should actually be happy with this because i only have 2.6 lbs to go to my lifetime goal but seeing these slow losses are hard. i have to learn to understand that i am not going to see losses of a lb or more anymore. Also i was hoping for a .6 to make an even 20, but ill take 19.8 lbs lost ( and kept off) :)

SW 144.4

CW 124.6

GW 122

(Ideal weight) 120

Good Job!!

My weight loss has been slow going. I am **this close** to the top of the weight range.

Last week I lost 3 lbs., which is a HUGE loss for me. I anticipated gaining this week because that's how my body rolls after a huge loss. I thought a pound max. I had an excellent WW week. I gained 2.6. So frustrating!

I am now 13.6 away from the top of the healthy weight range. I hope to be there by Aug. I keep telling myself slow and steady wins the race, and really it's about the lifestyle and maintaining this healthy way of living and weight loss long term. I'd still like it to come off faster ;)

SW: 236

CW: 168.6

GW: 150 give or take, we'll see when I get there.

i lost .4 this week. a little disappointing considering i worked out 5 days this week. i should actually be happy with this because i only have 2.6 lbs to go to my lifetime goal but seeing these slow losses are hard. i have to learn to understand that i am not going to see losses of a lb or more anymore. Also i was hoping for a .6 to make an even 20, but ill take 19.8 lbs lost ( and kept off) :)

SW 144.4

CW 124.6

GW 122

(Ideal weight) 120

Archived