~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

Hi fellow WW. I didn't know this board was here but I'm glad to find it and read about everyone's success. I honestly believe that WW is the best program going.

Anyone doing a blog? I just started one for my group mates but anyone is welcome to read it: suzonacruise.blogspot.com My hope is that it will keep me motivated while I'm on the trips.

Hi WWcruisers. I am Linda, and am a life member of WW. Have notbeen back since 2000, but I started the first week of January, 2011. We are cruising 4/2/11, and I wanted to loose before we left. My biggest motivation was going with my daughter, who has a history of blood clots, is on Cumadin daily, and has a weight problem.

I weighed in at 170.8 lb. I've lost my 5% as of last week. I' hoping this thread will help to keep me motivated until April- and be at 10%. And I'd like to come back from my cruise having gained less than 5 lbs. Alcohol may be my biggest problem. Anyone have any tips in this area? My fellow cruisers have been planning all the drinks, and I do enjoy them!

Hi WWcruisers. I am Linda, and am a life member of WW. Have notbeen back since 2000, but I started the first week of January, 2011. We are cruising 4/2/11, and I wanted to loose before we left. My biggest motivation was going with my daughter, who has a history of blood clots, is on Cumadin daily, and has a weight problem.

I weighed in at 170.8 lb. I've lost my 5% as of last week. I' hoping this thread will help to keep me motivated until April- and be at 10%. And I'd like to come back from my cruise having gained less than 5 lbs. Alcohol may be my biggest problem. Anyone have any tips in this area? My fellow cruisers have been planning all the drinks, and I do enjoy them!

Welcome to our little group! Where are you going 4/2? We are cruising 5/7 and I really need to lose some weight before then, but I have a chocolate addiction. Sooooo, my advice is to STOP completely. I find that unless I stop eating chocolate, I blow my diet. Even trying to have a little bit doesn't really work since the carbs keep me from losing. I would suggest that you stop drinking alcohol completely from now till April. I think you'll find that you save lots of calories that way and will have more rapid weight loss!

I dunno about you but I can't do anything 1/2 way. So it's all or nothing for me. ;)

Katherine

Welcome to our little group! Where are you going 4/2? We are cruising 5/7 and I really need to lose some weight before then, but I have a chocolate addiction. Sooooo, my advice is to STOP completely. I find that unless I stop eating chocolate, I blow my diet. Even trying to have a little bit doesn't really work since the carbs keep me from losing. I would suggest that you stop drinking alcohol completely from now till April. I think you'll find that you save lots of calories that way and will have more rapid weight loss!

I dunno about you but I can't do anything 1/2 way. So it's all or nothing for me. ;)

Katherine

Mmmmm.... chocolate. I can pass on most chocolate, not that it isn't allowed on WW but I try to choose the most healthy items to make my points. One thing I cannot pass on is chocolate covered strawberries. I can have one and be happy; I mean the fruit part is free, right :D

Hi Everyone, So far my weight loss has been steady. all minus. But a couple times have been .4 the next week would be a couple pounds. But last week I should have been the .4 week. But no I reached my first 5%. I have more to go but my cruise is not until sept. 2011 I am going to meet some walkers tomorrow morning. then I'm going to a fan fest. Parde55

Hi Everyone, So far my weight loss has been steady. all minus. But a couple times have been .4 the next week would be a couple pounds. But last week I should have been the .4 week. But no I reached my first 5%. I have more to go but my cruise is not until sept. 2011 I am going to meet some walkers tomorrow morning. then I'm going to a fan fest. Parde55

That first five percent gives you a real boost doesn't it? I've had only one week were I got a .4 and there was no reason that I could see, not even extra stuff but that was OK, anything in the minus area is a bonus.

Do you go to meetings or do you do online?

Hi everyone. I'm a lifetime member who's put the weight back on with interest. So this Dec I started back and I'm just thrilled with the points plus system. Doing pretty good so far and I have till June '12 to get it all off. I've got my DH on the program too which makes it alot easier to stay on points.

Stats:

Hi Everyone I go to Sunday morning meetings. My weigh-in this mornning was back to small .6 but its going in the right direction. At fan fest I ate a footlong KAYEM all beef skinless hot dog it was sooooo good. I walked and drank my water so it could have been worse. Also I did a 3 mile walk at a local mall. Going to do that again next weekend weather permiting. But it is all good.

Hi Everyone I go to Sunday morning meetings. My weigh-in this mornning was back to small .6 but its going in the right direction. At fan fest I ate a footlong KAYEM all beef skinless hot dog it was sooooo good. I walked and drank my water so it could have been worse. Also I did a 3 mile walk at a local mall. Going to do that again next weekend weather permiting. But it is all good.

My meeting was today too. I'm down 2.6 this week, making my total loss a little over 40lbs in 16 weeks. I also got my 16 week Stay and Succeed:)

Here we are folks another week has gone by. Tomorrow another weigh in. I walked yesterday and today. I am having beautiful weather. I did not want to waste inside. Hoping for a minus rather than a plus or stay the same. but it is all good! paride55

Well had my weigh in -1.2 yeah! I didn't walk yet. I did work in my garden. Will try to stay awake long enough to watch the oscars. Maybe I'll get on the treadmill then. Also today I order a 4quart pressure cooker.from the tv. does any one know of any ww presure cooker recipes? I'm going to check their website. paride55

Hi Everyone.. I just joined WW online a week ago and am so happy to see a thread for it on CC. I've done the old program, but think I like this one so much better, especially with the convenience of the website and the iPhone app. So far, I feel like I've been doing pretty well with counting my points and cutting out the unnecessary bad snacks throughout the workday and/or after dinner.

I also booked a cruise this weekend for Sept. 3, which couldn't be a better motivator to try and lose.

Tonight I stocked my fridge with raw veggies and made a fat free ranch dip for snacking during the week. I pre-counted some pretzels and put them in baggies for snacks..I did the same thing for fruits so they're easy to grab on my way out in the morning.

So I'm feeling pretty motivated, although I haven't yet started exercising.. One step at a time.

From reading the posts, it seems like a lot of you have had great success with the program. Any tips for someone new to the Points Plus program?

Thanks and I look forward to coming on this board more often. :)

PS - I did read some of the WW Boards and they seemed super catty.. I was a little turned off by it. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I don't read the boards on ww much. I've done a couple of the old programs and this one is the best because you can eat veggies and fruit with most of them o points. Makes you feel fuller without using points. My cruise it not until mid sept. This goal this week is to add more activity. Which equals more points/more food. Which is all good.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread but I'm really happy to see how much support is available to cruisers on WW. I have been on weight watchers on and off for the last 4 years. I have lost a total of 28 lbs and an currently trying to get to my goal weight. My main goal is to wear my bikini on my annual girls weekend cruise. I don't want to be "the one in the one-piece" this year. I have 192 days to acheive this. I know it sounds like plenty of time but its getting really hard to lose the last 20 lbs.:mad:

I go to my meeting every Saturday morning at 9:00am. I tried doing it online but I found that having to face the scale in a group setting is more of a motivator for me. I also find the meeting inspiring. :rolleyes:

I'm following the new point system (which I love) and exercising as much as possible but as a wife and mother of three boys (15, 13 & 9) it gets hard on the weekends to stick to my points (thank god for the points allowance).

Any tips on how you stick to your points on the weekends?

Hi my motivation no matter what day of the week is #1 how good I will look when my cruise later this year happens. #2 my health will be improved and I can get off my pills. I just started walking a little when I get home from work. The sun is going down so I get a few laps around the block. And after sitting most of the day it feels good to be outside in the warm air and what is left of the sun. Paride55

Weigh in tonight, not so good. I gained a pound. It's like down 2 up one. But I'm still ahead of the game.

Lost my motivation for a few days, think I got it back now.

I know I need to start exercising regularly, oh well, tomorrow is a new day.

keep going! at my meeting there is a woman that has been going for more than 4 years and she has lost 12 dress sizes. I know she has up and downs. Good weeks and not so much weeks. That is what the meetings are for support. I've been lucky so far all losses,but some have bee small. Can't do much about it but keep at it. Paride55

Not looking like I am going to be close to my goal weight in one month for my cruise!!!!

I have done weight watchers a couple of times and this time has definitely been the toughest. I have only lost 7 pounds in seven weeks:confused: A lot of weeks my weight loss will only be .2, but at least it is a loss.

My dh has been doing ww with me and he has lost 21 pounds so far!!!

It is very frustrating. Thank God that it will be daylight savings time next week and I can start running in the morning again.

I still have 14 pounds to lose:mad:

Also- does anyone know what you can do to get rid of the lower ab fat???

After 3 c-sections that extra bit of weight doesn't want to go anywhere.

I do 250 sit ups every night and I am starting to think nothing short of a tummy tuck will get rid of it.....lol

Hi cruise people, I finally had a bad week. I gained this week. I will not do what I did this week food wise for a long time. I hope. Another beautiful day here in sunny and warm Florida. After church I went and walked for a mile in the park I found last week. I forgot to bring shorts and a back pack. I will next week if the weather holds. Better luck than mine to everyone. paridee55

Archived