Should C&A change the way status is earned?

I like the program the way it is now. It is very straightforward and offers the best chance of advancement to all repeat cruisers. Some people never go on a 7-day cruise but do cruise a lot, so being rewarded for # of cruises works for them and those who spend more money (by booking suites) get rewarded even quicker which encourages them to continue booking more cruises in more expensive cabins. I don't think rewarding strictly by $'s spent is fair to the folks who take short cruises in "normal" cabins. Besides, what if I get a really good deal on my cruise, do I get less loyalty credit because I saved money? Am I now supposed to be looking for a more expensive cruise so I can get more credit? I don't think that is what RCCL is trying to accomplish in their Loyalty Program. (of course, it IS what they are trying to accomplish in their business plan!) But I think the Loyalty Program is intended to reward repeat business and that means...more cruises. I typically book 7-day cruises myself and in balcony cabins but not suites. I don't mind that the 3-day cruisers are getting the same credit as I am. I think a cruise is a cruise no matter how long it is. icon_biggrin.gif I wish Carnival had some repeat passenger perks like RCCL! I'd be Diamond by now! All they give us is a little party (don't get me wrong though, I love the little party icon_biggrin.gif ). I think Royal Caribbean has a great Loyalty program! Keep it just the way it is now!

Bonnie Voyager...a.k.a. "Bon Voyage"

“Enjoy whatever cruise you choose....just be sure and choose to cruiseâ€

Inspiration 9/99

Triumph 6/00

Victory 8/00

Victory 6/01

Regal Empress 7/01

Explorer of the Seas 4/02

Triumph 6/02

Carnival Legend 10/02

Norwegian Dawn 12/02

Disney Wonder 3/03

Pride 7/03

Explorer of the Seas 4/04

Victory 6/04

Voyager of the Seas 7/04

Carnival Legend 10/04

Majesty of the Seas 6/05

Adventure of the Seas 4/06

...and more in the works :-)

[This message was edited by Bonnie Voyager on 05-01-04 at 09:02 AM.]

Just a couple of questions.

For the person who said he/she is paying for 4 travellers. Each of those travellers is entitled to be an C & A member. Or did you want all the credit for yourself???

Other question, why does it matter how it's done? If someone who takes 10 - 3 night cruises get the diamond perks, what difference does it make to anyone else? RCL isn't going to split the perks of people who earn their status by taking 3 night with others who take 7 or 10 night cruises.

What I'm saying is, what difference does it make? No one is going to get any more just because they cut someone else out..........

Marilyn

Cunard - various ships over many years

Song of America

Grandeur of the Seas

Dreamward

Infinity

Azur

Sovereign of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100 Til the Brilliance in the Med.!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Nordic Empress

<center>

shipmar2.gif </center>

marship.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by klingoncruiser:

I recently sent an email to RCCL on this topic. I wondered if they should change the levels to add more as it is very easy now to reach 10 cruise. Saddly they did NOT respond. I have sent a second one, so we will see. I had not thought of the nights cruised, but do like the idea. I have taken two 12 night cruises so that works.

ARE YOU LISTENING RCCL? LOOK AT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE WONDERING WHEN THE C&A PROGRAM WILL BE UPGRADED.

I wrestled with reality for years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state, I finally won out over it. (Harvey 1950)

Next cruise- Serenade of the Sea to Alaska- July 25. Roll call started!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>They upgraded it in 2003 to give an extra credit for cruises 12 nights or longer, they upgraded it in 2004 to give an extra credit for booking a JS or higher.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits" Mark Twain

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's formal night attire, poolside attire, child rearing practices, walk-talkie usage, chair hogging, seat saving, line cutting ..." Mark_K

Marilyn...with all due respect...What are you talking about??? I'm booking for myself, my husband, and my two children...my husband has the same C and A status as me...however my children aren't receiving any bennies for having cruised with RCCL multiple times. I'm not seeing your point.

It really is very simple...it shouldn't matter the number of cruises you've taken, obviously a 3 day cruise...shouldn't qualify for as much as a 7...they should go by money spent. And with your arguement on what if someone takes 10-3 day cruises...well that would cost quite a bit in the end wouldn't it...thereby...earning quite a few points.

Serenade of the Seas - April 2005 - Our first balcony!!!

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

dentalchic - first I believe I misunderstood you. But I also believe that as far as your kids go, once they are 18 they can then get credit for all the cruises they had while under 18. Mind you, in saying that, I think kids should be getting credit as they earn them and being able to use that credit as they earn it. If that is what you mean, I certainly agree with you.

We do spend a lot on cruising. We usually take a suite, at least a JS, and I'm happy to get the extra credit for that now, but I still don't agree that it should be on money spent.

btw, do you mean the cost of the cabin or the total amount spent while onboard? That's another can of worms I think.

There are so many prices paid for the same thing. I just can't see that being fair either. Then it should be necessary to take into consideration how much it cost to get to the cruise as well. What about those that have airfare included versus those that make their own arrangements?

I think they are being as fair as they can especially with the additon of an extra credit for suites and for 12 nights or longer.

My personal opinion only, but I don't have a problem with the way it is now.

I think it could get too complicated otherwise.

Oh, one other problem I see. Paying in different currency.

Marilyn

Song of America

Grandeur of the Seas

Dreamward

Infinity

Azur

Sovereign of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100 Til the Brilliance in the Med.!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Nordic Empress

<center>

shipmar2.gif </center>

marship.gif

Hi Marilyn...I wasn't aware that the kids could claim their cruises after 18...Gesh...I wish my parents had gotten me off to an early start...I'm having to acquire all my perks on my own...lol. As far as money spent...hey it would be a great thing to count all money spent. On the RCCL credit card points system...the name of a ship or RCCL needs to show up as the merchant on the statement in order to claim your points...it could be done the same. Aside from cc payments...you'd have to give some kind of card when purchasing or your c and a number in order to receive credits for your purchaces...it really is a better way to be fair. It works for hotels like the Hyatt...I am a gold member and all of my purchases...even at their spas accrue points that I can use for free nights...I just use my card or number over the phoen. I'm not complaining...although it may sound as I am...they could be like Carnival and not do anything at all. I just think this would be a better way...either way...I'm working reeeeeaaalll hard at getting my Platinum status...it has been tough work...lol

Happy Cruising!!!

The program seems fine the way it is to me. It would be nice if they combined the C&A program with the Celebrity program. It seems like doing this would benefit customers and RCI.

<font face='Lucida Handwriting' color=#1E90FF> <font size="4">

Sailyn

<a href="mailto:lynnw55@flash.net">Blue_button_4.gif </a href></font size><font face='Comic Sans MS' color=#1E90FF>

<font size="1">Splendour 04/03

Rhapsody 10/03

Splendour 01/04

Rhapsody of the Seas 10/10/04

Mariner of the Seas 10/16/05

<font size="2"><marquee direction=left width=40%>Until Rhapsody Cruise</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;10;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Are you on this sailing too?

CLICK HERE for the ROLL CALL

<font face='Comic Sans MS' color=6B8E23><font size="2">

<marquee width=40%>Until Mariner Reali-tini Cruise</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=6B8E23&cdt=2005;10;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<center>realltblue.JPG

smbanreali.gif

bb1.gif

</center>

That was they only thing I forgot to say, I too would like to see it combined with Celebrity. Maybe one day................

Song of America

Grandeur of the Seas

Dreamward

Infinity

Azur

Sovereign of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas

<center>

shipmar2.gif </center>

marship.gif

Chiming in again to agree that combining C & A with Celebrity's program is a grand idea! I would definitely try Celebrity if it counted toward my C & A credits! Keep the program the way it is, but start counting the # of Celebrity cruises along with the RCCL cruises! And give the same perks for both lines.

Inspiration 9/99

Triumph 6/00

Victory 8/00

Victory 6/01

Regal Empress 7/01

Triumph 6/02

Carnival Legend 10/02

Norwegian Dawn 12/02

Disney Wonder 3/03

Pride 7/03

Victory 6/04

Voyager of the Seas 7/04

Carnival Legend 10/04

Majesty of the Seas 6/05

Despite the differences of opinion, it does seem that quite a few would like to see C&A based on the number of nights versus number of cruises. Most, however, would rather see the RCI and Celebrity programs combined, which I would be in favor of myself.

I think the program is quite good as it is and I just thought I'd ponder this one with you all since it was going through my mind. RCI has one of the best programs afloat and it would not benefit me at all if they based it on nights cruised versus number of cruises. However, it would bring balance to the program. I agree that $$$ spent would be too difficult, and could potentially punish those who get really good deals or travel a lot of last minute cruises when the prices reach rock bottom.

KLC

UPCOMING CRUISES:

---------------------

MONARCH OF THE SEAS (04/04)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;16;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

PRIDE OF ???????-HAWAII (01/05)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;01;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

PREVIOUS CRUISES

-------------------------

RCI's Monarch of the Seas (01/04)

Star Princess (6/03)

RCI's Rhapsody of the Seas (4/01)

Carnival's Ecstasy (6/96)

RCI's Viking Serenade (1/94)

I love how so many varied opinions can come out on these boards on just about anything.

Great points can be made for and against using nights, dollars, 1 cruise = 1 credit and even money spent on board. I hadn't even thought about the currency conversion angle. Another question if you want to count money spent in addition to the cruise fare. How do you credit the air add-on or shore excursion since the cruise line gets only a portion of that? Would tax and port charges count? Isn't this fun?

I am OK with the programs (RCL and Celebrity) as they are but wouldn't mind seeing them combined. I have 8 on RCL (got one by being in a suite in Feb) and 3 on Celebrity (again, got an extra one for a 14-day cruise). How many others like me would be diamond/elite if they were combined? However, that would harm the benefit I find most valuable - priority embarkation and debarkation. If the programs combined, many more people would have the priority and pretty soon the "priority" lines could be longer than the "regular" ones.

Imagine the howls of protest if a third tier of status level was added and the boarding priority and some of the other better perks now took 15 or 20 credits (everyone would forget that they were earned much faster or combined). Maybe they could come up with something new for a third level and make everyone happy and still not break the bank.

For now, I'll keep cruising under the current rules and be very satisfied. I wouldn't want RCL to read this, but my loyalty to their two lines is much more because my wife and I have had great experiences and don't feel any compelling reason to try another line. The C & A and Captain's Club are after thoughts for us.

On second thought, maybe I DO hope they read it and understand that quality and service are what brings most people back.

Bob

I couldn't agree more Bob! It's the quality and service that counts! If that starts to slip, the C & A perks won't make a bit of difference because the passengers will be sailing on other lines!

Inspiration 9/99

Triumph 6/00

Victory 8/00

Victory 6/01

Regal Empress 7/01

Triumph 6/02

Carnival Legend 10/02

Norwegian Dawn 12/02

Disney Wonder 3/03

Pride 7/03

Victory 6/04

Voyager of the Seas 7/04

Carnival Legend 10/04

Majesty of the Seas 6/05

bob...that just made me think...as we all know...cruising is very addicting...thereby "users" keep "using" year after year...sometimes more than once a year...at some point most will be at diamond status and have early boarding perks...now how is that going to work???

Archived