Ephesus excursions

any one have any suggetions on excursions in Ephesus. I was looking at ephesuswalks.com company??

A tour company called EKOL comes highly recommended on this board. I have heard of a few others as well. Do a search on this forum for Ephesus and I think you will get loads of recommendations.:)

We also used Ekol. Driver and guide met us at the dock and returned us there. They customized the tour for us--heavy on history and archeology and NO shopping. Guide was outstanding. Hearty second on seeing the terrace houses, which you can NOT do with a bus tour.

Twelve of us on the January 26 Jade cruise had a marvelous day with Nejat Incedogan. I highly recommend his tour of Ephesus - be sure and have the Terrace Houses included. We also went to the Virgin Mary House and saw the ruins of the Temple of Artemis and Cathedral of St. John. Then there was an optional lunch which about six of the group did followed by a demonstartion and no-pressure tour of a ceramics studio in Efes (modern Ephesus). Very reasonable price for the tour.

Can you provide coordinates for Nejat Incedogan

His e-mail can't be posted on CC. Try googling his name and you should find it.

We had him as a guide last October and he is wonderful! See the link in my signature for my full review.

Laura

I believe you are misinterpreting the rules. As I understand them, you cannot volunteer this type of information, but you can provide it if it is requested. I know 2 years ago we did a Baltic cruise for our 30th anniversary. The contact information for the various tour companies was readily shared on the Baltic boards when it was requested.

Perhaps, one of the moderators could clarify the rules as they pertain to this.

It's not a matter of requesting the info. In this case and with this particular guide, if you try to post the contact info it will be ***** out.

We also used Ekol. Driver and guide met us at the dock and returned us there. They customized the tour for us--heavy on history and archeology and NO shopping. Guide was outstanding. Hearty second on seeing the terrace houses, which you can NOT do with a bus tour.

For those who may be considering a ship's excursion, Celebrity cruise lines does offer a tour which includes the extra Terrace House tour ,,, we will probabaly pass on it because I react poorly to heights & do not want to look down over the glass or walk over it..... They have another tour & hopefully it is "carpet shopping free"!

• 4 weeks later...

Did you do the Archeological museum?

We ported in Izmir, further than Kusdasi, and did the following: History lesson (50 min drive to Ephesus) - great, Ephesus (top gate so we walked down hill), Terrace Houses inside Ephesus, Selkuk Museum, Sirince Village and back to ship. Our CC group used four private guides in four buses (ours was a minibus for 8-15). Our rates were great. The guide paid for the entrances in Turkish and the entrances were part of our fee that we each paid in Turkish, USD or Euro. One CC member headed each bus. It seems that a team of 6 guides share guiding opportunities and since we tried 4 and each bus had a great experience I would recommend them all again (Hulya T, Nejet Tek, Levent found on cruisecritic boards).

Archived