Waitlisted for late seating, has this happened 2 u?

newt98

You're right that it will get changed, but no platinum guest should have to waste time that first day doing something that should have been taken care of before boarding.

It's really not that big of a deal... For whatever reason, Carnival has never gotten our dining room time correct. And as a Platinum Member, since we have been on so many ships, it's not like we have to "explore". So, I take a couple of minutes out of my cruise, wait in line just like everyone else, and get it changed... Really, not a big deal..

Hi i noticed your great pic of FSU:) My daughter is a Junior there and my son will be joining her in the Fall:D I'm not far from Boynton.. Just a bit north in Jensen Beach

GO NOLES:p

My Danielle (next to her Dad) is now a Freshman in Salley Hall. Don't know which dorm she'll be in next year (she finds out March 30th so I told her to text me while on the cruise!!!).. I agree........ Gooooooooooooo Noles!! Good luck to your son..

This is my first cruise as Platinum yippie....never new that because you where platinum that your time for dinner was a garantee.....good to know...

Yes, that is one of the Platinum perks... And, if you don't get your dining time, just go to the Maitre'd around 1/2:00 the first day, wait on line, show him your card and you will be changed..... Have a great 1st Platinum cruise..

It appears that everyone is waitlisted according to Carnival's website; even Platinum guests. My guess is that this is the result of some brainstorming session during which a joint was being passed around.

Loved that response!:p Hope no one was bogarting!;)

This is something new that Carnival is doing. If you look on the first couple of pages of the Carnival board, you will find 5 threads about this if you want to read more.

The seating time you request is just that.....a request. Even though it used to say "late" or "early" on your documents, it is only what you have requested. You are never guaranteed that time (unless you are a Platinum cruiser). You find out what you actually have been assigned once you check in for your cruise and receive your S&S card.

For those who have requested late seating, you have an excellent chance of getting it. Early is usually harder to get into because it is the more popular seating. If you don't get what you requested, see the Maitre D' and ask to be changed.....he will try his best to help you.

Then why don't they just say "requested" instead of "waitlisted"? They're not the same thing. And if Carnival is making more people stand in line to get the dinner time they wanted, the lines are going to be longer, and making us waste time for this out of our shipboard time is so unnecessary. Fun Ships? Standing in a long line first day on board is not "fun" to me.

Then why don't they just say "requested" instead of "waitlisted"? They're not the same thing. And if Carnival is making more people stand in line to get the dinner time they wanted, the lines are going to be longer, and making us waste time for this out of our shipboard time is so unnecessary. Fun Ships? Standing in a long line first day on board is not "fun" to me.

I don't know why. I guess you would have to ask Carnival that question.

The thing that doesn't seem to be getting through here is that nothing has changed except for the wording on the documents. There won't be more people standing in lines to get the dinner time they wanted. It will be exactly the same as it always has been.

It doesn't really matter whether they call it "requested" or "waitlisted" or "on hold" or "to be announced". You request a dining time when you book your cruise. It is only a request. You are never guaranteed to get what you requested unless you are a Platinum cruiser. That is the way it has been for quite a while and that is still the way it is.

I agree. Waitlisted means that the list for that dining time is already full and you'll be put onto it if someone falls from the list...that is what is causing people so much confusion.

The definition of request is "the act or instance of asking for something" and the definition of waiting list is "a list or roster of those waiting".

I don't see a lot of difference, but I hope everyone gets the dining times they want. :)

The definition of request is "the act or instance of asking for something" and the definition of waiting list is "a list or roster of those waiting".

I don't see a lot of difference, but I hope everyone gets the dining times they want. :)

Usually waitlist is used when the original list is full - - at least I think that is the way many people view it and that is probably what is causing the confusion. It doesn't really matter to me...as long as I get to eat sometime!!!!

Im sure you will be assigned before you cruise, so there wouldnt be more than normal in line asking to be changed.

Carnival is also going to anytime dining, so that may be why they are addign more options and changes to the usual dining requests. I know I dont want any time dining.

Amen, sista! :D My problem is usually that I eat WAY too much.....all day long. ;)

I know. It's awful b/c I am on a diet right now and trying to lose weight before my June cruise. I am obsessed with food because I don't get enough of it right now.. lol

When the time has been "requested," you stand a good chance of your request being granted, as do the other cruisers. When you've been "waitlisted," your request has been denied and won't be granted unless someone else drops out -- very negative. It is different, and it does make a difference to me, because now I have to worry that DH will be terribly unhappy if not enough people drop out so that we get what we requested.

When the time has been "requested," you stand a good chance of your request being granted, as do the other cruisers. When you've been "waitlisted," your request has been denied and won't be granted unless someone else drops out -- very negative. It is different, and it does make a difference to me, because now I have to worry that DH will be terribly unhappy if not enough people drop out so that we get what we requested.

Since every person with a cruise currently booked with Carnival is showing "waitlisted" right now, your interpretation is not the way Carnival is using the phrase "waitlisted". Otherwise, there would be those who would be listed as "early", those listed as "late" and those listed as "waitlisted".

All I can tell you is that numerous people have posted that they have called Carnival and have been told that nothing has changed except the wording. Everyone has still requested the dining time they wanted, and will find out when they get to the ship what they have been assigned.

I agree that it is not the best choice of words to put "waitlisted", instead of "requested early" or something similar. But, your hubby can rest assured that he will still have just as much chance of getting what you requested as you did before they changed the phrase to "waitlisted".

Best of luck, I hope you get the dining time you want. If you don't, then you can go to the Maitre D' and ask to be changed. He'll do his best to get it done for you.

I booked last month a summer cruise and asked for early dining. I checked today and it appears that they changed to late dining (waitlisted). This bothers me as I will be platinum on this cruise and i thought that they are supposed toi give me the time I want.

This is my platnium cruise too. After reading a few posts, I decided to check my documents, and they have placed me on a waitlist too.

I called Carnival today and was told they are updating their system, and the word "waitlist" doesn't mean that. It means "your preference". She affirmed my platinum status will guarantee my selected dining time, Now let's see what happens.:)

PJ

How do I find out if we are waitlisted?:rolleyes: We signed up for our cruise back in Feb. I sure don't want to be put on the early seating. I hate the idea of having to rush back to the ship to eat! Grrr!:mad: Oh well, whatever, at least I'll be on a cruise!:D Do I have to call to find out if we're waitlisted!:confused:

Mousey, we're all in the same boat. I'm booked with a group and my reservation now says wait-listed for 8:15 p.m. seating. Carnival's web sit can be very confusing at times. I wouldn't worry about it. See you in two weeks!

Archived