Old San Juan - Is there a easy way to go from the ship(Summit/Pan American Pier)

ZeusLA

Celebrity leaves from the Pan American Pier which is not right next to Old San Juan, like the other piers. I will be getting in early(1pm) and the ship leaves at 11pm. Is there an easy way to get from ship to OSJ?

Is it better just to stay on the ship till departure, or take the time to go into town. I have been there before, but seeing as I will be on the ship for the next 7 days, I thought I might head into town for about 4-5 hrs prior to departure?

Is anyone from the Celebrity cruise picking up luggage at the airport? If so I could check bags there and take a cab direct to OSJ. I haven't prearranged any transport - I will just get a cab.

Opinions welcome,

Kevin

if you do not have X transfers they will not take your bags

the easiest way to OSJ is by taxi its way too far to walk

grab a cab drop off bags at ship and head into OSJ thats what we usually do

check in later there wont be any lines

Take a cab directly to the ship with your luggage. Check in, lunch, etc. and then head out to SJ. You can catch a cab at the terminal as they will be there dropping off passengers. Enjoy your cruise.

If you don't mind walking a bit, you can catch the local bus which had a stop in Miramar sector across from the Sizzler restaurant on Hwy #1. The stop is at the end of Ponce de Leon Ave on the Miramar side of the highway overpass. It is about a 15 minute walk from the ship and there are several buses on different routes that stop here before heading into OSJ but you must cross that highway to get there as there isn't a overpass across that road. Coming back you take the bus that goes to Plaza Las Americas along Hwy #1 that can drop you off at the entrance to Isla Grande where the Pan Am pier is located. Taxi flat rate from Pan Am pier to OSJ was $9 or $10 for up to five paxs so is better option if a large group is going but for one or two the local bus works well at a low cost.

Archived