Cruise Director - Ruby Princess

unforgettable

Does anyone have the name of the Cruise Director on the Ruby Princess? We're booked on the Jun-21-09 sailing out of Rome and I've offered to set-up the CC cocktail party for our group. Thanks!

Well last week it was James Lay, not sure how much how longer he will be onboard, but he was talking about how excited he was about going to Europe with the ship.

Does anyone have the name of the Cruise Director on the Ruby Princess? We're booked on the Jun-21-09 sailing out of Rome and I've offered to set-up the CC cocktail party for our group. Thanks!

Last month on the Ruby, the staff wanted nothing to do with helping to set up a CC meeting. They said we were on our own to make arrangements...when, where....

We were on the Ruby last week (3/14/09 - 3/21/09). I set up our meet and greet before we boarded the ship. They want to know the number of people that will be attending 2 weeks before the cruise. The contact person is shown below. I did all of the arrangements through email and it went very smoothly. Ours was set up as a no host open bar. We requested it to be in Skywalkers in the afternoon at 2 PM of the first sea day and it was setup as requested. They will provide a bartender and a wait person plus dry snacks. Everyone pays for their own drinks on their cruise card. Since Skywalkers is normally closed at this time it was just our group there and the staff placed a sign at the entrance that said “RESERVED FOR PRIVATE FUNCTION”. The person that arranges this with Princess will receive numerous envelopes in your cabin from the Purser concerning the arrangements for the Cruise Critics travel group. Some how they think that because we have a party that we are all traveling together. A couple of the times it was if we wanted to make special arrangements for disembarkation as a group at a special time.

Renee Wittwer

Onboard Service Coordinator

Ruby and Tahitian Princess

Phone: (661) 284 - 4443

Fax: (661) 284 - 4770

As for who the Cruise Director was during our week, it was James Lay, as Tim (Skyking) stated. He has been the Cruise Director since the ship first left Italy with the exception of a short break that he recently took. It might change by the time of your cruise.

I did a live report from our cruise and gave the names of the ship’s officers and also details on the different entertainment, shows and movies each day. You can find that report at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=949254

I hope that you have a great cruise as we sure did.

P.S. If you read the live report be sure to read all of my posts not just the first one if you want to see the entertainment for the entire week.

We were on the Ruby last week (3/14/09 - 3/21/09). I set up our meet and greet before we boarded the ship. They want to know the number of people that will be attending 2 weeks before the cruise. The contact person is shown below. I did all of the arrangements through email and it went very smoothly. Ours was set up as a no host open bar. We requested it to be in Skywalkers in the afternoon at 2 PM of the first sea day and it was setup as requested. They will provide a bartender and a wait person plus dry snacks. Everyone pays for their own drinks on their cruise card. Since Skywalkers is normally closed at this time it was just our group there and the staff placed a sign at the entrance that said “RESERVED FOR PRIVATE FUNCTION”. The person that arranges this with Princess will receive numerous envelopes in your cabin from the Purser concerning the arrangements for the Cruise Critics travel group. Some how they think that because we have a party that we are all traveling together. A couple of the times it was if we wanted to make special arrangements for disembarkation as a group at a special time.

Renee Wittwer

Onboard Service Coordinator

Ruby and Tahitian Princess

Phone: (661) 284 - 4443

Fax: (661) 284 - 4770

As for who the Cruise Director was during our week, it was James Lay, as Tim (Skyking) stated. He has been the Cruise Director since the ship first left Italy with the exception of a short break that he recently took. It might change by the time of your cruise.

I did a live report from our cruise and gave the names of the ship’s officers and also details on the different entertainment, shows and movies each day. You can find that report at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=949254

I hope that you have a great cruise as we sure did.

Did James show for your get together??

I was a bit disappointed that no one from the ship dropped by for our Meet & Greet even though we set it up well before the cruise. Last September on our cruise on the CB we had an imformal M&G we setup ourselves just to meet at Outriggers and James Deering (PSD) attended that one for the entire length we were there. He told us a lot about the CB and the then upcoming refurb. Also learned a lot about the Ruby that was soon to sail.

I was a bit disappointed that no one from the ship dropped by for our Meet & Greet even though we set it up well before the cruise. Last September on our cruise on the CB we had an imformal M&G we setup ourselves just to meet at Outriggers and James Deering (PSD) attended that one for the entire length we were there. He told us a lot about the CB and the then upcoming refurb. Also learned a lot about the Ruby that was soon to sail.

If you send invitations to the staff they will attend. We wrote generic invitations at home, then addressed them to specific people from the Patter that was in our cabin when we boarded. Most of the staff we invited showed up (with champagne!) but my problem was that only one of the 40 people in the Roll Call showed up! If I were that staff person I'd be leary of going to another CC Meet and Greet. (It was really nice talking with all those Senior Staff people that we had to ourselves:o)

I thought James Lay was back on Ruby as CD after going on leave in the middle of January:confused:

He was onboard last week. He was also in the International Crew Show in his Tutu, a real sight to see!

If you send invitations to the staff they will attend. We wrote generic invitations at home, then addressed them to specific people from the Patter that was in our cabin when we boarded. Most of the staff we invited showed up (with champagne!) but my problem was that only one of the 40 people in the Roll Call showed up! If I were that staff person I'd be leary of going to another CC Meet and Greet. (It was really nice talking with all those Senior Staff people that we had to ourselves:o)

I agree. It is not surprising that none showed. :)

Thanks, everyone, for the great information as well as the terrific advice. I feel really well prepared now to move forward with scheduling our Meet & Greet for our 12-day Mediterranean and Greek Isles cruise on the Ruby.

My DH and I attended our first CC Meet and Greet aboard the Tahitian three years ago and had a great time. And, nearly everyone who had been communicating on the roll call showed up! It was such a great group that we still continue to stay in touch.

Hopefully, this party will prove to be more of the same!

Happy Cruising! Kimberly

Thanks, everyone, for the great information as well as the terrific advice. I feel really well prepared now to move forward with scheduling our Meet & Greet for our 12-day Mediterranean and Greek Isles cruise on the Ruby.

My DH and I attended our first CC Meet and Greet aboard the Tahitian three years ago and had a great time. And, nearly everyone who had been communicating on the roll call showed up! It was such a great group that we still continue to stay in touch.

Hopefully, this party will prove to be more of the same!

Happy Cruising! Kimberly

Be sure to send a special invitation to Captain McCharming (Tony Yeomans). He came to our M & G, gave a talk, answered questions and stayed for as many pictures as we wanted to take. I was on a B2B and he came to our M&G during the 2nd wk as well. The same person from our role call set up both M&G's.

I'll be doing the Meet and Greet for our July 3 Grand Med on the Ruby. After reading everyone's contributions... I feel more comfortable doing it!

Pat

Pat..I've been reading these posts too. They have some great info. Keep me up on what you're doing and if you need me to help. I've been kinda tied up lately. It seems that everyone in my household is sick!!:( And I'm the only one able to run errands, cook, clean, taxi, etc! I'll email you when I get a break!

Becky

Archived