what can I expect????

We only have 146 days left to set sail ( it was over 200 when we booked), I'm reading so many reviews and forums and getting sooooooo excited!!! We are on the Independence in August, going round the Med for 14 days and it's our very first cruise. I would love to know about what to expect and all the great things that I will encounter whilst on board, from food to entertainment to rooms to pools to trips to everthing really- I'm jumpimg up and down as I write this. I really cant wait. xxxx:D

I always say....

The more you plan the more you expect, the better the chances of that expectation living up to what you want.

Plan a few things, but leave some days open to "do whatever." That way if you meet some new friends on board you will have days open to go together.

I always like to jump in a cab, and say, take me somewhere beautiful. Then just sit back and enjoy the ride to that place. The locals know better where to go then anyone, they can also take you to places that most tourists may not know about. Its a great way to explore a port of call.

You can expect to have a time that you make of it. If you enjoy anything that happens you will have a wonderful cruise.

You've got plenty of time to research your ports! Go to the library (or bookstore) and get a guidebook for the islands/ports you'll be visiting. It will put you a step ahead of others in knowing what's available, how to get there, the costs, the safety, the amenities....everything that will make you trip that much better! THEN, you can decide what you want to do at each port (if you want to do anything!!!)

Don't forget--the ship will be virtually empty on port days---it's a great time to "hang" at the pool! No crowds!

Do ask for a larger table at dinner--tablemates really make dinner enjoyable--lots of folks to talk to---and you already have CRUISING in common!

Try the dining room for breakfast--it's so much nicer than the buffet! Shorts/tees are fine for breakfast and lunch!

Don't try to do everything your 1st trip---you'll book another cruise--it's addictive!

I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time, and become addicted to cruising just like the rest of us! My suggestion is to read, read, read the threads! These forums are a wealth of information and have helped us tremendously in planning our cruises. There is a Ports of Call board here, and also you could just run a search on "Independence" or "Indy" and hundreds of threads will come up.

Yours is a rather general and vague thread; if you have something specific you want to know, you can use the Search function first because many, if not most questions have already been asked and answered.

Have fun!

We only have 146 days left to set sail ( it was over 200 when we booked), I'm reading so many reviews and forums and getting sooooooo excited!!! We are on the Independence in August, going round the Med for 14 days and it's our very first cruise. I would love to know about what to expect and all the great things that I will encounter whilst on board, from food to entertainment to rooms to pools to trips to everthing really- I'm jumpimg up and down as I write this. I really cant wait. xxxx:D

Something to make you feel even better...You only have 125 days remaining, not 146!

Have fun!

Little Miss

You can expect the time of your life. Like other posters said, search the board for answers to your questions and post questions too. There is a wealth of info here. Also check the ports board for suggestions for each stop. Have a ball!!!!

Archived