Anytime Dining?

Traci1960

Hi all,

I have just booked a cruise on the new Carnival Dream. I have cruised twice previously on NCL - but this will be my first stray from the NCL Freestyle dining concept. Can anybody explain Carnival's anytime dining?:confused:

You can choose between the main dining room and anytime dining. Anytime dining is upstairs from the MDR. In the MDR you request an early or late seating. But in anytime dining you just show up between 5:30-9:30 I believe.

You tell them your room number and they enter you in the computer. You are seated usually right then unless you have a large party or a special request such as a particular waiter.

We had anytime dining on the Liberty last month and really enjoyed anytime dining. The food was just as good as the MDR and we got to eat when and with who we wanted.

If we choose early dining, but they give us late dining - does that mean we can do the anytime dining if we are too hungry one day to wait for late seating? my 7yo gd will be with us, and if we are giving that late seating, I know it will not work for her?

Or, do you need to choose anytime dining when you book your cruise as your meal preference?

Wow this is the first I've heard of this. I thought we were stuck only with Princess and NCL as options, but there is anytime dining on Carnival? My boyfriend just won't eat with other people.

Is this fleetwide or only certain ships?

Can you switch between anytime dining and early/late dining during the week? I can see some days where I would prefer to pick my own dining time, and other nights where the standard time is fine.

We are currently booked for early dining on the Conquest in June. I know that they will be offering the anytime dining some time beginning in April. My preference would be to eat around 7 PM each evening which falls between the two times. The pools all seem to clear out around 5 PM for all of the early diners, so it's a nice time to enjoy the pool before dinner.

Can you switch between anytime dining and early/late dining during the week? I can see some days where I would prefer to pick my own dining time, and other nights where the standard time is fine.

We are currently booked for early dining on the Conquest in June. I know that they will be offering the anytime dining some time beginning in April. My preference would be to eat around 7 PM each evening which falls between the two times. The pools all seem to clear out around 5 PM for all of the early diners, so it's a nice time to enjoy the pool before dinner.

Choices are traditional main,

traditional late,

or

anytime.

For the cruise, no switching.

Dan

If we choose early dining, but they give us late dining - does that mean we can do the anytime dining if we are too hungry one day to wait for late seating? my 7yo gd will be with us, and if we are giving that late seating, I know it will not work for her?

Or, do you need to choose anytime dining when you book your cruise as your meal preference?

No. You get either early, late or anytime. There would be no way to control it if people were able to do it this way. As far as I know, every line that offers anytime type dining does it the same way, either you have it or you don't.

If you ask for early and they assign late dining. will they switch it to anytime dining if we request it?

On embarkation day the M'D is in the main DR from about 1PM for a couple of hours. He will make table and time changes on request,,,,,,,,,,,,,IF AVAILABLE.

If early AND anytime were full, you would have to stay with late. Same on most lines.

Dan

You can choose between the main dining room and anytime dining. Anytime dining is upstairs from the MDR. In the MDR you request an early or late seating. But in anytime dining you just show up between 5:30-9:30 I believe.

You tell them your room number and they enter you in the computer. You are seated usually right then unless you have a large party or a special request such as a particular waiter.

We had anytime dining on the Liberty last month and really enjoyed anytime dining. The food was just as good as the MDR and we got to eat when and with who we wanted.

I know this is probably a stupid question but...is the anytime dining in a different dining room than the people who pick 6 or 8:15?

I know this is probably a stupid question but...is the anytime dining in a different dining room than the people who pick 6 or 8:15?

Anytime dining is in the upper dining room. Traditional is in the lower dining room.

I am so glad that Carnival is doing this now. I enjoy TD, but it is not for my husband. The two cruises he has been on were charters and we had open seating which worked great for him. For my upcoming cruise, one of the main reasons I selected Princess was because of AD. Now we can defilitely consider Carnival again in the future.

Anytime dining is in the upper dining room. Traditional is in the lower dining room.

So does anyone know which dining room it is in on the Sensation...since they are on the same deck??

this link will show if a ship offers open dining. it will show when open seat dining option starts being offered on the ship, etc. scroll to the bottom of the page

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

Not sure where this list came from, but don't believe it is accurate, as we will be on the Valor and May and was told they have it, as that is what we requested.

Sue

My husband and I are taking our first cruise in 10 years without the kids and we would really like a table for two each night. Would we be best going with main/late or any time and then wait for a table for two to open up each night? If we did the any time, do you think we would have a long wait each night for dinner?

Archived