FO: Family Ocean View Stateroom

Has anyone ever stayed in one of these rooms, that was facing forward (front of the ship)? It looks like ALL of them are available on our sailing now! We currently have 1 Promenade Cabin and 1 Inside for the kids. Given the choice, would you move to an FO cabin, the 4 of you? Please advise, I don't want these rooms to 'go'!

More info: Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), additional bunk beds in separate area, separate sitting area with sofa bed, and a private bathroom with shower.(328 sq. ft.)

Has anyone ever stayed in one of these rooms, that was facing forward (front of the ship)? It looks like ALL of them are available on our sailing now! We currently have 1 Promenade Cabin and 1 Inside for the kids. Given the choice, would you move to an FO cabin, the 4 of you? Please advise, I don't want these rooms to 'go'!

More info: Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), additional bunk beds in separate area, separate sitting area with sofa bed, and a private bathroom with shower.(328 sq. ft.)

I would book the FO in a heart beat. Great room. I stayed in this room on Explorer with my dd and sister. There is lots of room. Great views and plenty of storage. Go get it right now!

Wow, your about the only person that's ever had this type of room! I was hoping I could get more info from others.. But you're definately saying it's worth it?

I think that these rooms are for 5 or more, but on our cruise, they've been opened up to 4 in a room. On each deck, all have been made avaialble.

With that in mind, is the highest deck the 'best'? What's above it!!?

First and second are $1900 each. I still have my fingers crossed for a price reduction. There are only 2 out of the six inside family staterooms booked for our sailing and there are still OF's available as well. If we don't get it....oh well. :D

Your boys are old enough that being in a cabin by themselves either next to or across from you would be fine. That allows you and your SO to enjoy privacy from them as the bunk room on the family oceanview only has a curtain for a doorway. Also, having 2 bathrooms is great as it takes less time for the whole family to get ready for dinner or the start of the day. We have 3 boys and have always had 2 cabins when they cruise with us - one for them and one for us. They were not much different in ages from your boys on our first cruise.

It was very spacious and there is 5 in our family. 2 boys in separate room and we had king size bed and older son had the queen. It was made up every night by our attendant. More then enough room. Much cheaper then 2 rooms I would think.

We have a FOV room on the Jewell next Mo.RM 8000 . Ill let you know but we had the option and went for it . It has 2 bed rooms and a sitting area with a hidea bed . So you actually have 3 bed rooms. Our room has 2 large picture windows so should have a great view . CARL

We had the family promenade booked for the four of us, but have switched to two connecting promenades for only an additional $40. I like the idea of two bathrooms, two TVs and privacy and quiet for my husband and I. This will be the first time we have had two separate cabins as we usually have shared a grand or junior suite. I have had to give up "my" balcony as we are trying to cut costs this year. I have enjoyed sitting quietly on the balcony reading for hours. Guess I will have to be more sociable this cruise.............but I still won't have to meal plan, shop, cook, cleanup or go to work!!! Ah the good life.

Just came off the Explorer of the Seas last week and had a family cabin at the front of the ship. Very roomy, with great views out the front - we loved it until the last two days. We hit some rougher weather and there was a lot of movement in the cabin as we were so far forward on the ship. Wife and kids ended up feeling rather nauseus; was like riding a roller coaster. We were on level 6.

Had a family cabin last year on Freedom of the Seas, which was on deck 2; an inside cabin. Very roomy, comfortable ... and very little movement with the seas as we were situated more mid-ship.

So, if you're not worried about rough sees - take the cabins with the great views!

for our family of 4 , we like to get a balcony for us and an inside directly across from it. if we need to cut the budget,i would substitute an ov for the balcony

definitely love to have our privacy, plus 2 bathrooms and tv s as others have stated.

oh yea, our first cruise was very front of ship.....NEVER AGAIN, too much ocean motion

dave

We have a FOV room on the Jewell next Mo.RM 8000 . Ill let you know but we had the option and went for it . It has 2 bed rooms and a sitting area with a hidea bed . So you actually have 3 bed rooms. Our room has 2 large picture windows so should have a great view . CARL

It has 2 bedrooms? I don't see that in the pix...

Just came off the Explorer of the Seas last week and had a family cabin at the front of the ship. Very roomy, with great views out the front - we loved it until the last two days. We hit some rougher weather and there was a lot of movement in the cabin as we were so far forward on the ship. Wife and kids ended up feeling rather nauseus; was like riding a roller coaster. We were on level 6.

Had a family cabin last year on Freedom of the Seas, which was on deck 2; an inside cabin. Very roomy, comfortable ... and very little movement with the seas as we were situated more mid-ship.

So, if you're not worried about rough sees - take the cabins with the great views!

Thanks for the info.!

for our family of 4 , we like to get a balcony for us and an inside directly across from it. if we need to cut the budget,i would substitute an ov for the balcony

definitely love to have our privacy, plus 2 bathrooms and tv s as others have stated.

oh yea, our first cruise was very front of ship.....NEVER AGAIN, too much ocean motion

dave

Oh wow.. we're usually in the back or even AFT, have never been up front.... Makes me wonder now...

I've had similar questions about the Family Suite. We will be on the Navigator in 9 days - YEAH!! We have had one ocean view and one inside cabin on deck 2. Now we are in the Family suite on deck 9 in the front of the ship. We have wondered how different it will be. We have never been given too much detail about the room so we are anguish to see it. We booked it over a year ago and got a great price (with additional discounts and perks at the time).

Archived