Are you excited about the Gem and the Mediterranean?

daring

We are really excited too! I am already mentally packing, and we don't leave until September. I'd love to hear everyone's review after your cruises. I'd also love to hear what each of you decides to visit in Florence/Pisa and the French Riviera.

-tv77

We are really excited too! I am already mentally packing, and we don't leave until September. I'd love to hear everyone's review after your cruises. I'd also love to hear what each of you decides to visit in Florence/Pisa and the French Riviera.

-tv77

We are sharing a tour in Florence/Pisa with a family we met on our roll call. We've booked with Romeinlimo.

As far as Cannes...I think we're going to book a NCL tour. The prices aren't that bad and it's a 4 hour tour of Nice.

-tv77

Hopefully Richstan and Mississippi will come back and share some firsthand tips soon. Seems like they are the first of us to go.

Hopefully Richstan and Mississippi will come back and share some firsthand tips soon. Seems like they are the first of us to go.

Just get your questions ready! It will be a pleasure for me to be able to come back and help others plan their cruise.

I am so excited for all of us! AND, I am finally below the 30-day mark! Woo hoo!

Hi,

I have not made reservations yet, but probably my husband and I, our son and daughter in law is going on Norwegian Gem in the Western Med. in october this year. I am very excited and this forum is very useful.

I`m sure we will have a great time.

I have been reading and planning for the May 10th on the Gem for over a year now and it's 3 weeks away now! I am pretty sure I may not come back after i board the ship...lol

We are flying into Eurpe a week early and 3 of those days will be in Barcelona. We are booked at the Continental, couldn't pass up 24 hour free food and beer (cold food as it may be but free!).

We have a few must sees in Barcelona-Magic Fountain-reccomended by several people now, cable car ride over the Barcelon port up to Montjuic mounain, and Park Guell, and the hoho bus tour.

So nice to see everyone getting ready! Have a great time!

I have been reading and planning for the May 10th on the Gem for over a year now and it's 3 weeks away now! I am pretty sure I may not come back after i board the ship...lol

We are flying into Eurpe a week early and 3 of those days will be in Barcelona. We are booked at the Continental, couldn't pass up 24 hour free food and beer (cold food as it may be but free!).

We have a few must sees in Barcelona-Magic Fountain-reccomended by several people now, cable car ride over the Barcelon port up to Montjuic mounain, and Park Guell, and the hoho bus tour.

So nice to see everyone getting ready! Have a great time!

A week early????? You lucky girl! Can't wait to see you on board....you'll know me when you see me....middle aged woman with the southern accent walking around with a huge grin on my face! :D

Missi, I've been waiting for that milestone too, our future home away from home is moving to the Mediterranian!

SallyUK, glad to see that your work seems to have slowed up a bit and you can get back on the board. 8 weeks! That sounds so cool. I actually got my suitcases out of the attic today. Think I can manage to pack in just 8 weeks (tee hee hee)?

I've been busy all day and unable to get on and I was starting to go into withdrawal symptoms. I was so glad to be able to get back on here with my new friends.:)

Does anyone know a way to get in touch with someone else here without posting your e-mail address or other personal information :confused: Someone else asked me and I don't know the answer.

Happy Easter, fellow Gem cruisers!

daring, I missed you yesterday! I was beginning to think you had fallen off the planet, and was glad to see you around last night! Oh, and I don't know of any way for off-board contact other than exchanging email addresses. Strange, isn't it?

Happy Easter, fellow Gem cruisers!

daring, I missed you yesterday! I was beginning to think you had fallen off the planet, and was glad to see you around last night! Oh, and I don't know of any way for off-board contact other than exchanging email addresses. Strange, isn't it?

Other boards have private messaging, but I don't think this one does. I have seen people exchange emails in their particular roll call....

Malta is small but in just a few hours it is impossible to cram everything in.

For details of Hagar Qim - http://www.heritagemalta.org. As far as I know you can't go directly to Mdina from there. You will have to get a bus back to Valletta and take another one to Mdina. It's about a 45 min trip . Check the bus schedules http://www.atp.com.mt.

Check out the cost of a taxi. The price is per taxi so if you are 4 of you it shouldn't work out too expensive.

There is a bus from the cruise teminal up to the Valletta bus terminus just outside Valletta. It's only a 5 min bus ride but uphill. Many take a bus or taxi , go round Valletta and walk back to the ship. The roads on the right of the main road will lead you down to the harbour. If you only have a short time in Valletta don't miss St Johns Cathedral. It's musuem is also worth while. Then there is Barakka Gardens, Lovely view overlooking the Grand Harbour and your ship.

There is a hop on bus - at the port there is a ticket boot that sells the tours. You can buy the ticket from there and they will explain to you from where you pick up the bus. If the cruiseliner will stay in Malta for around 7 or 8 hours they will sell the normal 3 hour tour. If the cruiseliner will stay in Malta for 4 or 5 hours only, they will sell the 2hr tour which does not go to Golden Bay & Bugibba. http://www.supremecoaches.com info@supremecoaches.com. E-mail them for maps and details.

A good site to find out about Malta is http://www.visitmalta.com. The interactive map and the 'Views and Downloads' are very useful'

For those just wanting to remain in Valletta have a look at

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g190328-Activities-Valletta_Island_of_Malta.html

The best sandy beaches are in Mellieha (Ghadira) and Golden Bay (Ghajn Tuffieha). They are about 45 min bus ride from Valletta. The nearest good rocky beach is Sliema - 20 min away.

You can e-mail for further details - whitetaxi@keyworld.net

From Cruise Liners Terminal to Mdina one way Euro 21.00

Cost of 2hrs Tour is Euro 52.00 which gives you enough time to visit Mdina, waiting time & visit another site i.e. Mosta

Could you tell me about the Blue Grotto? I really wanted to see it since I'm not going to get to see the one in Capri. Do I need to take a taxi and about how long do you think it will take to get there, do the boat ride and get back to Valetta?

This will be my first time on Norwegian so I'm anxious to see how it is. However, I think I'm going to be in such awe over being in Europe for the first time, I may not even notice.

You will be in awe daring!:) Don't let that post get you down. I've been on the Jewel 3 times and love her. I'm looking forward to the Gem in April 2010.

Food....:rolleyes:

This will be my first time on Norwegian so I'm anxious to see how it is. However, I think I'm going to be in such awe over being in Europe for the first time, I may not even notice.

I think you will love Norwegian! I know we do--it will be our fourth cruise with the line!

I am really excited about seeing Malta, Italy and France!

My grandparents were from Naples and I know I will be a sobbing fool as we pull into port--LOL!

If anyone sees a grown man on the 5/3 sailing crying and taking pics as pull into Naples--it is me!

I think you will love Norwegian! I know we do--it will be our fourth cruise with the line!

I am really excited about seeing Malta, Italy and France!

My grandparents were from Naples and I know I will be a sobbing fool as we pull into port--LOL!

If anyone sees a grown man on the 5/3 sailing crying and taking pics as pull into Naples--it is me!

Seeing your family's roots from whence they came is very important; I'm glad you care so much! I'd admire you for the tears actually.:)

I hope one day to make it to Scotland where my "Logan" clan is from on my mother's side.

Archived