Swapping champagne for wine

DaveOKC

I have heard that you can trade the comp. bootle of champagne that HAL gives you when you book a deluxe suite for a bottle of wine.

Can anyone tell me how to do this and what you choices/options are? We are on Volendam in Sept.

DaveOKC

We always order whichever wine we want and if on that particular cruise we don't wish to drink the champagne, the wine steward credits the value towards our wine.

Thanks for that bit of information. We've always given the champagne

to the Concierge ... It was especially timely on one cruise because

her husband was also working on the ship, and they were celebrating

an Anniversary.

We always order whichever wine we want and if on that particular cruise we don't wish to drink the champagne, the wine steward credits the value towards our wine.

Wish I'd thought of that. We had champagne from our TA; then from the Captain because we did the b2b. I "traded" it for a chardonnay...and it was awful. I'll have to remember to trade it toward a wine of our choice next time.

Usually we have gotten a decent bottle of champagne from the Captain and HM -- but not on our last few cruises. And we also get a cheap one from AMEX Plat.

So we take them to our concierge who arranges for a wine of our choice to be delivered to the table -- and we pay the difference.

I know you didn't ask this....but someone else here might find it of interest.

I took my Bon Voyage Champagne bottle (from my TA) to the dining room, where the wine steward exchanged it for a soda card. I don't drink wine, alcohol, etc. I thought that was very nice, and I enjoyed it all week!!:D

I took my Bon Voyage Champagne bottle (from my TA) to the dining room, where the wine steward exchanged it for a soda card. I don't drink wine, alcohol, etc. I thought that was very nice, and I enjoyed it all week!!:D

Good information. But we don't drink sodas.

Thanks for this info! I have not developed a taste for alcoholic beverages (a few sips of DH's strawberry daiquiri is about all I like), and we have received complimentary champagne and wine in the past. We drug it home and put it in the cabinet. The champagne is probably vinegar by now... and we thought maybe we could use the white wine in cooking, but we haven't yet. The soft drink card would be much more practical for us.

Archived