Oasis to Feature Broadway Musical "Hairspray" & Details on AquaTheater

Or any time to eat Bill :)

Don't worry, Emmy. We'll always find time to squeeze that activity in. Will need all our strength to cover all those entertainment venues, plus I'm going to be a sucker for cotton candy on the Boardwalk.:D- and don't forget the donut shop (Tim Horton's, Dunkin Donuts?);)

Don't worry, Emmy. We'll always find time to squeeze that activity in. Will need all our strength to cover all those entertainment venues, plus I'm going to be a sucker for cotton candy on the Boardwalk.:D- and don't forget the donut shop (Tim Horton's, Dunkin Donuts?);)

I vote for Winchell's :D Of course if they were to brand the donuts I bet it will be Krispy-Kreme or Dunkin Donuts as they are the most widely recognised brands!

I am so excited for all the entertainment on Oasis! Glad I booked a b2b as well :D

There have been absolutely no indications that they will be changing their policies,so there should be no charges for attending any of these shows.

I could be wrong, but I had assumed reading this, it would be entertainment for a charge.

I could be wrong, but I had assumed reading this, it would be entertainment for a charge.

Oh, the shows will be free, but you will have to pay of a seat - $14.95 just like the MDR steak :D ..... Otherwise you have to stand in the back, behind a pole and are limited to seeing only 10 minutes of any given performance :eek: Additionally certain showings will be restriced to the Suite guests and Diamond Plus members so thaty they don't have to mix w/ the rest of us riff-raff :eek:

Seriously though - I don't forsee them charging for entertainment (yet!) - but think RCCL will institute a "ticket" program just like they have for the ice-shows to ensure all have a fair chance to see Hairspray, etc

I went to see it as an insider, with a Q and A afterwards with the cast. At the time, Michael McKean (Lenny) played the mother, and Peter Scolari played her husband. Jim J. Bullock played a part as well, but it escapes me.

I would have never seen it otherwise, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ended up seeing it a second time with Bruce Vallanch playing the mother. DW and DD saw it a third time with George Wendt (NORM!).

::::SPOILER::::ALERT::::::

But it's not necessarly a show for everyone, or even everyone in the family, dealing with prejudice towards fat and black people, or a man playing the mother married to a man.

I can see a surcharge for these shows, putting shows of this quality on a ship is going to be extremely expensive. I have never been to broadway but go to shows here when they go on tour and let me tell you they are not exactly cheap! I just purchased good seats for Legally Blond the Musical (my partner really wants to see it, so it will be his birthday present) and paid $140 for two tickets. Yeah they had tickets starting at $30-40 per person, but they were really far from the stage.

Either that or they will be very condensed shows. Heck I could be wrong! These types of shows WOULD attract us to a ship no doubt.

YAY!!! a show with a plot on ship! just joking, I too see many broadway shows a year so I normally skip the shows on board all together. My daughters school uses a lot of already edited shows at her school for their plays, they just did Annie "JR" so the shorter versions are widely available.

I didn't get the impression that all Vegas shows are shortened but maybe - I've seen some of them two or three times already - and the Phantom is at the Venetian, The theatre that they built is something to see all on its own. I also saw the Producers staring Tony Danza out there, it was great! but not the others you mentioned.

OH NO, I see schedules in my cruising future to get all of this in, we normally eat 2nd seating so we can take our time wrapping up the day:), the only time we went to shows was when we got first seating by accident. I too could see myself booking a cruise because of a featured production.

You know what they say happens when you 'assume' anything.:D

RCI has yet to charge for any of its entertainment, including the ice shows and there has been nothing to indicate that they intend to do so now. I have a recollection that NCL did attempt to charge for some entertainment but they encountered so much resistance that they dropped the matter very quickly, perhaps even before they were due to begin charging. Won't say it will never happen but it just doesn't sound like the kind of thing that they would want to raise at this point.:)

I have a recollection that NCL did attempt to charge for some entertainment

Which is exactly what led me to think this (Tony and Tina's Wedding?). Big difference between a production show and an actual play.

The article also discusses the AquaTheater - mentions the pool is a maximum of 18 feet. Pretty deep when you consider it's on a ship! There's also a video of a preview of the shows that will be in the AquaTheater.

I can't even explain how excited I am about the AquaTheatre. I'm going to Vegas this year and wanted to go see Le Reve and my friends all thought I was a cornball and don't want to go see it with me. So I guess my cruise on OOS with the AquaTheatre will make up for it.:D

I can't even explain how excited I am about the AquaTheatre. I'm going to Vegas this year and wanted to go see Le Reve and my friends all thought I was a cornball and don't want to go see it with me. So I guess my cruise on OOS with the AquaTheatre will make up for it.:D
We're going to Vegas in May. I think we've seen every show in Vegas that there is to see except for LeReve and "O." I hear "O" is the better of the two but I don't know if my husband will be thrilled about that one. We saw "Beatle Love" two years ago and didn't think it compared to other Cirque shows. That one kinda dampened our enthusiasiam. It gets rave reviews so I guess we were in the minority or had simply seen one too many Cirque productions. We've seen Mystere at Treasure Island twice and loved it both times. I wish I could find my Playbill from "Hairspray" on Broadway. SO good! We're already anxious to hear what stage production is planned for the Allure!

When the NORWAY was introduced back in 1979, broadway plays were featured in the beautiful theater. I won't say they were full scale, but pretty close. I will always remember seeing Hello Dolly on the NORWAY even though I was only 13 at the time. I sailed on NORWAY two other times, and again Broadway plays were featured. It was pretty impressive.

FYI the Aqua Pool on OASIS OF THE SEAS will hold more water then all the pools on FREEDOM OF THE SEAS combined.

Ernie

Hi Ernie:)

I agree I believe it will be a shorted version but I'm sure it will be a great production.

Are planning to cruise Oasis?

Take care..

Archived