need booking recommendations for 1st CCL cruise

mom3b

Planning on CCL Legend for cruise for 5 (kids 12, 11, 8). (narrowed original search to caribbean and liked western caribbean ports but could be swayed as well if there are other recommendations). Posts seem to suggest adjoining rooms for 5 vs. suite, also suggest less motion toward mid or back? Can you please help with room recommendations? Would you get a balcony? Would you book directly through Carnival?

Thanks for the help.

Hi!

I always get a balcony (and once you do, it would be hard to go back to oceanview or interior!) and I always book directly with Carnival. I am of the opinion that it costs more through a travel agent because of their commission. Just my opinion - don't really have any "proof" of that.

I've not seen a suite that can hold 5 people (that's not to say they don't exist) but I would probably do whichever is cheaper. If you book two rooms, they will book it with one of the adults in each of the rooms (someone has to be over 25) but once you board you can all sleep in whichever of the rooms you have.

Have a great time!

The least motion is in the middle, aft and forward will have the most motion if you hit high seas. How about a inside cabin across from a balcony. If you put 3 in the cheaper cabin, that will be cheaper anyway than 5 in a balcony, even if they allowed 5 on whichever ship you finally decide on. I love Roatan for Western ports, but love St. Thomas and those ports on Eastern a lot too. Cozumel is a bit too visited for me, been there too many times I guess. Either eastern or western, Im sure you will love it.

Archived