128 cruises!

sunsetme

128 cruises? but how many DAYS?

When my DH and I travel by land ...

It is WONDERFUL to immerse ourselves in ways that I could never do on a cruise....

However at about week 3

After, I have hauled my luggage up 4 flights of stairs in hotels in several different cities...

after sitting in a train section that is considered 1st class, but to most of us would be seen as steerage..

and then hunting and gathering for my food for EVERY meal...

and then many times fine dining on a pigeon poop church step on just one more jambon e fromage sandwhich...

I always say....

Next Year ......We are GOING ON A CRUISE!

If I could design my own around the world itinerary that allowed me to cruise in oceans and rivers...that's where you would find me/us!

and since I've been sailing for 30 years since I was little and I've got another 25 years until retirement...

I'm hoping to catch up on Lorraine.

Seriously...when we did our financial planning I asked the guy what would be cheaper in retirement

live on a cruise or elsewhere and he said for us ..a cruise!!!!

If I could cruise several times a year, I'd opt to buy a "Residence at Sea." The website is: http://residentialvessels.com/seven.htm

Although we've never done it, you can book a segment and stay in one of their cabins/apartments... for a price, of course. Friends have sailed on Residence and said it was wonderful. So, if I come into a large inheritance in the future, Residence at Sea is where I'll be!

Sandy

That makes two of us Paul. I could go around the world and then do it again the following year. Year after year, as it would always offer something we hadn't done before.

So far, we have done some pretty exotic cruises, and loved them so much, we have often done them again within the next year or so. I think the DH is more a port person then a ship person like I am. So, he feels he has seen about all he wants to see. But then again, he is used to being waited on hand and foot, by ME. I like having someone else wait on me for a change. lol

Me? I am still finding new and exciting things around every corner onboard, and in port. The only thing I really still miss, is ships that are totally different. I have to admit, I too am getting tired of the same ship layout no matter which ship we choose in the Princess fleet. (I love to explore new ship designs).

Never enough days at sea for this gal though. ;)

Next up, Pacific Princess back to a place we both dearly love, and have visited 5 times already in the past. It is the one place he doesn't seem to get bored with. ;)

We got off the Pacific 2+ weeks ago and had a wonderful time. We love the small Princess ships, but even more, we love the itineraries they do.

Would they like to adopt me?? Please!!!

Oh, LOL. I think once would be enough for me. I have the travel bug but also love, love, love my life at home so would miss my family and friends too much to be gone for that many days each year. I meet those frequent sailers on some of our cruises and really feel sorry for them because it seems they don't have much of a life at home. But different stroke for different folks and all that . . . .

:) Donna

Archived