How close to Neptune Lounge?

sedonanative

I have just upgraded to a suite and chose the room that I thought would be quietest because it was away from the elevators and lounge, but now I am seeing a lot of suggestions that you should book as close to NL as possible. Are there any meaningful benefits to being close to the lounge, other than grabbing cookies easier???

FWIW I could choose between 045 and 015 on the Statendam (deck plan here): http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Statendam

Thanks so much

Either is fine. Our personal preference is near Neptune Lounge to make it easy to pop in for a quick question or satisfy a need for a cup of their delicious coffee. :D

Also, depending upon ship it could make a difference for WiFi availability if that matters to you.

I have just upgraded to a suite and chose the room that I thought would be quietest because it was away from the elevators and lounge, but now I am seeing a lot of suggestions that you should book as close to NL as possible. Are there any meaningful benefits to being close to the lounge, other than grabbing cookies easier???

FWIW I could choose between 045 and 015 on the Statendam (deck plan here): http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Statendam

Thanks so much

I don't like being super close to the Neptune lounge because of the traffic going in and out (not a ton but...) Of the two cabins, I would pick 015 because of the overhang on 045 and 015 is not directly across from the Neptune door. We were in SA030 on our last cruise and really didn't like the overhand from the Lido.

Sail, you make a good point about the strength of the WiFi. We have found that the Neptune Lounge always has a strong signal. On some of the older ships, we would take our computer to the Neptune to gain better access.

This may be a consideration; our suite on the "Amsterdam" was in the stern area -the opposite end of the ship from the Neptune and we PREFERRED it that way; having to walk back and forth systematically gave us the exercise we FELT we needed after those cookies YOU talk about! :)

Yes, ANSalberg...... those cookies are Yum! :) A treat once in a while and the walking does balance it out a bit.

We've spent 8 months on the "Amsterdam" - the World and 2 other "Grand" [ fall/Asia] cruises -and will be aboard again in September for Grand Australia/NZ -those cruises are 60+ days - all on either 7052 or 7053 [ 7052 is Port- our preferred side of the ship] I THINK that after THAT long in the same cabin -THAT cabin should BELONG to us; don't you think????? ;)

[ I also fear-slightly- that we are ADDICTED to cruising!!!!!

Anne

Archived