$20 Upgrade!

tjljsc

I'm so excited! First of all, I apparently always book the best deal available for our cruises and have NEVER had a price drop. However, you all give me hope, so I continue to watch.

Well, it finally paid off! I saw a residency rate for an oceanview that was only $10pp higher than what we paid for our tiny inside cabin. Called up and spoke to a wonderful RCCL vacation planner who found us a great room (better than what was showing online).

So, while it wasn't a price drop, per say, it was a fantastic upgrade opportunity and I'm super excited to surprise mom with a better room for Mother's Day weekend. Woohoo!

Just wanted to share some happy news. :)

I'm so excited! First of all, I apparently always book the best deal available for our cruises and have NEVER had a price drop. However, you all give me hope, so I continue to watch.

Well, it finally paid off! I saw a residency rate for an oceanview that was only $10pp higher than what we paid for our tiny inside cabin. Called up and spoke to a wonderful RCCL vacation planner who found us a great room (better than what was showing online).

So, while it wasn't a price drop, per say, it was a fantastic upgrade opportunity and I'm super excited to surprise mom with a better room for Mother's Day weekend. Woohoo!

Congratulations!

It looks like a difference of just 3 square feet from inside to OV on the Majesty, but the OV feels much larger and more spacious and with better storage.

Enjoy your mother's day cruise. :)

I got the same sort of thing last year for our Serenade cruise....had an oceanview cabin and watched and watched...finally saw a balcony come up for $20 per passenger more than what I had paid for my oceanview...called Royal Caribbean up and asked if I could get it....the rep said if I had the $40 it was mine...I snapped it up in a second...always pays to watch

Great find!

We had something similar happen with our last 7 day Caribbean cruise. We went from an inside gty cabin for $440 per person, to an E1 balcony for $540 per person. So, for $200, we went from the lowest class, to the 2nd best balcony! It was the best $200 ever spent.

On our cruise in June booked last year we had one balcony and 2 insides. The inside price went down so much I upgraded the balcony to a junior suite and still saved $10.00 overall. Yesterday was another price drop and if my TA comes through I will save another $840 !!

I have yet to book a cruise that goes down in price - it always seems to go up as the sailing date gets closer. Maybe the ships or the dates we pick are too popular. Then again, after 50 cruises on a variety of cruise lines, the upgrade fairy still has not visited us.

Thats great. I was able to upgrade from a D1 to a JS for 10.00 per person

for a residency rate yesterday for LOS May 9th sailing. I booked in Nov. and

have been looking for a price drop since. My original cabin never went down

in price but you can't beat the price of 10.00 to upgrade. I'm loving it. You'll

love your ocean view. You can see what the weather is like without leaving

your cabin. Have a great cruise! Carol

Archived