what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

I'm on a cruise right now and it is after midnight somewhere between Bari, Italy and Corfu, Greece. I was sleeping on the balcony and awoke to the sounds of the lovebirds next door knocking the proverbial boots! I usually cruise with my mother (and before that, my grandparents) but I guess if I were here with a date, I might consider it...but up until now, it never crossed my mind. They're still at it and I can't go inside for fear of making noise and I don't want them to feel uncomfortable passing me in the halls for the rest of the cruise. Next time I crash out on the veranda, I guess I'll bring my headphones...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Go on a cruise in march and it's a common theme haha

• 2 weeks later...

We took our first cruise back in June and it was a bit of an experience.

There was Bucket Man--every day I saw him wandering around near the pool with a beer in one hand and a bucket o' beer in the other. I wondered if he drank all those beers himself?

There was Gravy Boy--the first day at sea, we were in the theatre, participating in a trivia game. One of the questions had something to do with drinks or something and somebody answered "Gravy". We all laughed of course and the hostess was like "Gravy? GRAVY?!?!? Who drinks GRAVY?". I told her that whoever said that must've been a Southerner, because we do tend to treat gravy as a beverage down here sometimes. LOL

On the second day at sea, I was relaxing near the slides while my son was sliding and a woman left her food sitting on top of one of the trashcans. It was almost immediately set upon by angry seagulls who fought each other quite loudly over the french fries.:eek::D

After the first day or so, you got to know who was going to be at the trivia games and things could get quite heated, especially during the sports trivia. I was almost betting during one game whether or not a fight would break out between two guys who were very fierce about the competition.

One day, there was Win Lose Or Draw and the entire wining team, after collecting their ships on sticks, headed next door to where the photogs were and demanded a group photo. That poor photographer..she had to try and fit eight grown people plus one kid (miine!) into the picture..all holding up their ships on sticks proudly. It was kind of funny.

One evening my friends and I were walking around the ship and were getting ready to go up the stairs rather than take the elevator. All of the sudden, out of nowhere, a big purple eggplant fell from above us and landed at our feet. We all looked at each other like, "WTH?" and then looked up. There was no one on the stairs above us and no one below us or around us. A bunch of kids came around the corner and I asked them if they were the culprits and they looked at me as if they had no clue what an eggplant was. To this day, I still don't know where the darn thing came from!!

On our last Mexican Riviera cruise my husband were in line for something and we were mad. See the photography 'studio' had lost all of our formal night pictures. Not a single copy anywhere.

I notice the lady behind me look at me and look to her right, look at me and look to her right.

She taps me on the shoulder and says "isn't that you?"

There on the wall next to us, is a poster sized advertisement for the Princess photo albums you can buy, with a picture of hubby and I modeling it from formal night.

So I did what any normal person did.

I took a picture of our picture :)

• 2 weeks later...

On my first cruise met a couple from my hometown. They were in the Newlywed not so Newlywed show. They were asked the fooling around question and said the park down the block from my house. A few weeks after that I ran into them there. I had to leave and never went back.

Been reading this thread on and off for two days now and I'm just past the halfway point... But I wanted to add this.

While on the IOS we too were seated by the Flowrider watching and cheering. The funniest was the lady who after several attempts finally had a nice ride before falling off and being pushed to the top... she immediately jumped to her feet raised both arms "Rocky fashion" and cheered... the crowd was cheering right with her but not because of her great ride... it was because her bathing suit top was around her neck and she was flashing the whole crowd.

While on the IOS we too were seated by the Flowrider watching and cheering. The funniest was the lady who after several attempts finally had a nice ride before falling off and being pushed to the top... she immediately jumped to her feet raised both arms "Rocky fashion" and cheered... the crowd was cheering right with her but not because of her great ride... it was because her bathing suit top was around her neck and she was flashing the whole crowd.

Here was my experience on the flowrider:

http://www.chaseclub.com/robin/cruise/video7.wmv

These are making me chuckle! I have edited my post as I feel it would probably offend people, I know I was a it when it happened haha... I am learning how sensitive folk are on these boards! However I have enjoyed laughing at these! :)

Edited by Emmski35

Been reading this thread on and off for two days now and I'm just past the halfway point... But I wanted to add this.

*does her best George Takei* Ooooh mmmmyyy.....:D

in the MDR one evening they had a magician going from table to table. he comes over to our table and tries to show me a trick and my husband points out that he's wasting his time with me as i hate magic ...he shrugs and starts showing my husband a trick, in with his patter is the line "so what do you do for a living?' to which my husband replies "erm, i'm a magician". the poor guy just stood there staring for a few minutes and then muttered under his breathe "oh f**k" then took off at a pretty fast pace.

every time we saw the guy around the ship after that he would turn and walk the other way or duck into corridors, once he even tried to hide behind a sun lounger

in the MDR one evening they had a magician going from table to table. he comes over to our table and tries to show me a trick and my husband points out that he's wasting his time with me as i hate magic ...he shrugs and starts showing my husband a trick, in with his patter is the line "so what do you do for a living?' to which my husband replies "erm, i'm a magician". the poor guy just stood there staring for a few minutes and then muttered under his breathe "oh f**k" then took off at a pretty fast pace.

every time we saw the guy around the ship after that he would turn and walk the other way or duck into corridors, once he even tried to hide behind a sun lounger

Sounds like the staff member could have found a more gracious way to handle that !

He must not have been very good, then. My uncle was a magician, and he was a great audience. I know how a lot of it is done, myself, and I could watch good close up for hours.

• 3 weeks later...
Craziest thing? My first cruise with my mom. ..about 3 dozen ladies with their cross-dressing husband s. And yes, the men dressed as women the whole week. If only the men had dressed as well as their wives. ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

What was so funny about it?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've managed to work my way through the entire thread, an I gotta tell you, except for a couple of grumpy Guses I'd love to see all of you on my first cruise this December. I hope I'll have a few good stories of my own to tell. Of course, being as I've some Irish blood in me and I do enjoy a taste now and then, there may be some stories here about me. Please just be gentle in your telling so I can laugh at myself along with you!

Well, I've managed to work my way through the entire thread, an I gotta tell you, except for a couple of grumpy Guses I'd love to see all of you on my first cruise this December. I hope I'll have a few good stories of my own to tell. Of course, being as I've some Irish blood in me and I do enjoy a taste now and then, there may be some stories here about me. Please just be gentle in your telling so I can laugh at myself along with you![/QUOT

I will be on the EX with you in December. May have to report back here